forgot to make an intro....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2011, 04:42 PM
forgot to make an intro....
Hi everyone.

I have been posting a bit but haven't introduced myself.

I'm a former, mildly fundamentalist, xtian. I live in Mormon/Catholic country in the US. It's hell here. The other day, I told a Mormon guy, "The Catholics a right, you know; there is a purgatory. The only thing is... WE are in it now. We just don't know it!" He laughed a little but stopped abruptly when he saw I wasn't laughing.

I have been very impressed with many of the postings here. I'm learning a great deal from the succinct explanations and logical thinking. Everyone seems to have a different way of expressing their thoughts and perspective and I appreciate everyones way of coloring life.

I don't know how much I will be able to offer. The real meat of the information is hashed out by those who have a knack of pulling out the fallacies, dis-guarding the bull shit then challenging it with reason. It's a good school.

me?... well, I am more of a creative writer I guess. I see a big picture and try to paint it. I suppose that can be laborious for some of you sharper thinkers.... but it's my way. so... DEAL! Tongue

Great site. Hope I can throw in a couple of bones now and then.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2011, 04:45 PM
RE: forgot to make an intro....
Welcome! I've been impressed by what you've had to say so far. Smile

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
20-09-2011, 09:15 AM
RE: forgot to make an intro....
Wooo, I love creative people! Big Grin Welcome welcome and welcome! Big Grin

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user