found this text? please help disprove?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2014, 05:08 AM
RE: found this text? please help disprove?
(22-08-2014 09:21 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(22-08-2014 03:10 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Why do you need to disprove it?

Shouldn't it first need to be proven to you?

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

If you take it upon yourself to disprove every religion that you come across, you're going to have a bad time. If they make a claim, the burden of proof is on them.

I was going so say the same; the burden of proof is on them. Just because something sounds good and is really convincing doesn't mean it's true or you should believe in it. One can go slightly insane if trying to disprove everything, pick and choose where what it is you want to better educate yourself in and go from there, you'll find much will bleed over and can be applied to more than one belief.

Although, the power of chocolate should be a belief, it does have amazing powers. Wink

I tend to ask random questions, sometime stupid ones, but I can almost guarantee I'm smarter for asking than not.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Kemasyn's post
23-08-2014, 08:14 AM
If anyone has access to an English copy of the Kabbala, please post some excerpts from the portions cited in the OPs initial post here for all of us to see.
Doc
23-08-2014, 06:11 PM
(22-08-2014 02:35 PM)harveywales Wrote:  Please help me to explain this? I have only just found this, to be honest religion is worrying me so much I just want to disprove it, I set out to disprove it and end up believing in it more Undecided

I found this, i'm not really sure what it's about but I think it's some sort of Jewish text written a long time ago, that talks about science?

http://www.revealingscienceofgod.com/ind...icipations

Thanks

"to be honest religion is worrying me so much I just want to disprove it, I set out to disprove it and end up believing in it more"

Does anyone else hear a (not very bright) fly-by Christian here?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2014, 06:23 PM
(23-08-2014 06:11 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(22-08-2014 02:35 PM)harveywales Wrote:  Please help me to explain this? I have only just found this, to be honest religion is worrying me so much I just want to disprove it, I set out to disprove it and end up believing in it more Undecided

I found this, i'm not really sure what it's about but I think it's some sort of Jewish text written a long time ago, that talks about science?

Thanks

"to be honest religion is worrying me so much I just want to disprove it, I set out to disprove it and end up believing in it more"

The chemtrails are a dead give away. Dodgy

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
24-08-2014, 03:39 AM
(23-08-2014 06:11 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  

Thanks

I am telling the truth, I used to be a Christian and i'm trying my best not to be anymore, because i feel that its affecting my life too much, I have OCD and religion is just making it a lot worse, I need to stop believing in "magical thinking" things if that makes sense? I just feel that believing in God is making me believe in my OCD more and its not good, does anyone have an English version of this text please to disprove it? thanks Smile

Also thanks everyone for your answers so far, sorry I have been so busy lately and forgot to check this forum sorry
24-08-2014, 05:35 AM
(24-08-2014 03:39 AM)harveywales Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 06:11 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "to be honest religion is worrying me so much I just want to disprove it, I set out to disprove it and end up believing in it more"

I am telling the truth, I used to be a Christian and i'm trying my best not to be anymore, because i feel that its affecting my life too much, I have OCD and religion is just making it a lot worse, I need to stop believing in "magical thinking" things if that makes sense? I just feel that believing in God is making me believe in my OCD more and its not good, does anyone have an English version of this text please to disprove it? thanks Smile

Also thanks everyone for your answers so far, sorry I have been so busy lately and forgot to check this forum sorry

Harvey,
It looks like you haven't read the portions for yourself and implicitly believed what someone else said about the texts. Why? And why the Kabbala? Many people make many claims about many scriptures, yet you picked this one to credit. Care to explain?

When I was young, someone once told me that the Bible predicted the invention of radios because in Luke 19:39-40 it says, "Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!” "I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

Even as a young child, I seriously doubted that the word "stones" actually meant radios, so I dismissed the claim out of hand. And unless you have actually read the portions you cited for yourself, I suggest you do the same. And please don't rely on the rest of us to do your dirty work for you. Check back here after you've had a chance to do so and give us an update.

Doc
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
24-08-2014, 06:07 AM
(24-08-2014 05:35 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  When I was young, someone once told me that the Bible predicted the invention of radios because in Luke 19:39-40 it says, "Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!” "I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

Doc

I remember this crap preached from the pulpit when I was young, you see, silicon is a stone, and semiconductors are made from silicon therefore..... Laughat

Even as an ardent believer, I couldn't really take that interpretation too seriously.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
24-08-2014, 03:27 PM
(24-08-2014 06:07 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 05:35 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  When I was young, someone once told me that the Bible predicted the invention of radios because in Luke 19:39-40 it says, "Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!” "I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

Doc

I remember this crap preached from the pulpit when I was young, you see, silicon is a stone, and semiconductors are made from silicon therefore..... Laughat

Even as an ardent believer, I couldn't really take that interpretation too seriously.

Here is Atwill's explanation for the passage...

Jesus made a triumphant entry into Jerusalem:
“And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen; Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest. And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples. And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out. And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. (Luke 19:37-42, KJV.)

Titus, the Roman “king,” also made a victorious entry into Jerusalem, which was preceded by a barrage of stones flung by “engines.” The Jews standing on the walls “cried out” to warn their fellows of flying stones:
“... accordingly the watchmen that sat upon the towers gave them notice when the engine was let go, and the stone came from it, and cried out aloud, in their own country language, THE SON COMETH so those that were in its way stood off, and threw themselves down upon the ground; by which means, and by their thus guarding themselves, the stone fell down and did them no harm. But the Romans contrived how to prevent that by blacking the stone, who then could aim at them with success, when the stone was not discerned beforehand, as it had been till then; and so they destroyed many of them at one blow. (Josephus, Wars of the Jews 5, 6, 272-273.)

Amazingly, Josephus even writes “the son cometh” whereas it would make more sense for the warning to have been about a stone or rock!
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
24-08-2014, 03:35 PM
(24-08-2014 03:39 AM)harveywales Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 06:11 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "to be honest religion is worrying me so much I just want to disprove it, I set out to disprove it and end up believing in it more"

Ok. I withdraw my comment.

It sounds to me your real problem is your OCD. Trying to disprove some ancient texts won't help. You need to address the root cause of your angst with appropriate therapy/ medication.
27-08-2014, 04:23 AM
thanks your right, I do need to address my OCD rather than looking at ancient texts as its just making it worse reading all this stuff, the thing is that I do actually believe there may be a god but I find it hard to believe in the god who wrote the old testament if that makes sense? thanks