freedom of privacy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2011, 12:34 PM
freedom of privacy
Suppose the sheriff found an incomplete home-made bong in my bedroom (meaning it looks like a bong, but it does not function as a bong). Would this be enough for them to warrant a drug test? I know they cannot issue these things unless they have reasonable cause, would that be reasonable cause? Again, you could NOT smoke out of this thing. There are no drugs in my house. I use it purely as a decorative item to symbolize my hope for peace.

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2011, 12:41 PM
RE: freedom of privacy
Is it worth the hassle to find out?

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
28-03-2011, 12:49 PM
(28-03-2011 12:41 PM)No J. Wrote:  Is it worth the hassle to find out?

Not sure what you mean by this question....

Fight the system,

28-03-2011, 12:53 PM
If the sheriff did find the incomplete bong, would you end up wishing you had thrown it out before?

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
28-03-2011, 12:54 PM
(28-03-2011 12:53 PM)No J. Wrote:  If the sheriff did find the incomplete bong, would you end up wishing you had thrown it out before?

I guess... kind of mixed up about this.

Fight the system,

28-03-2011, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't keep a bong as a decoration for the reson that you mentioned. If it won't warrant a drug test, further investigation or discrimination, then no harm done. But if it does allow for any of these possibilities, then it is way too much hassle. There are a lot of other things that make nice ornaments that you don't have to worry about. I would throw away or give away the bong. I would not try to sell it for the same reason that I wouldn't keep it. Some cops are over the top and I don't want to give them anything to chew on.

28-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Well I hope this doesn't constitute any issues..

My room caught fire while I was at school on friday, and apparently the fire marshall took a picture of this bong. I really do hope this just turns into a "just don't let it happen again" issue.

Fight the system,

28-03-2011, 01:09 PM

Well would you flunk a drug test? If so this would be even more reason not to keep this thing around.
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2011, 01:10 PM
In Canada; no. Paraphernalia is not grounds for any type of search. Bongs, pipes, rolling papers, etc. can all be used to smoke tobacco. If you are under the legal age to smoke, the most they can do is confiscate. If the paraphernalia carries the odor of something other than tobacco (which is at the discretion of the officer to determine) they can confiscate said item from an adult as well. If enough residue is taken from the item to warrant possession of a narcotic, you'll get slapped with a fine. (Possession is not a criminal charge in Canada, so it's basically like getting a ticket). All this unless you have a medical license (prescription) for marijuana. (Although it won't be for "marijuana". Health Canada insists on spelling it "marihuana")

EDIT > The photographs were likely taken as a possible cause of the fire.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
28-03-2011, 01:14 PM
I live in the USA

Fight the system,