freedom of privacy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2011, 01:17 PM

RE: freedom of privacy
(28-03-2011 01:05 PM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  Well I hope this doesn't constitute any issues..

My room caught fire while I was at school on friday, and apparently the fire marshall took a picture of this bong. I really do hope this just turns into a "just don't let it happen again" issue.

A few things here.
How did your room catch fire while you were at school? Is this a shared home with roommates, do you rent, are you a minor living with parents in a house?

Second. The Fire Marshall took a picture of the bong you said, but did they confiscate it as well? If so, did you get any paperwork related to that confiscation?
You say the bong was incomplete, meaning it couldn't be used as a bong. This means, if that's true, there's no THC residue to be found on the bong. If the bong is in custody of the FM or someone else official, this should be able to be proved if it comes to that.
Are there smoke shops in your area? Those retail outlets that sell what are considered, "water pipes" under the law. Pipes that are not to be used for illegal activities, as the one's here ask a customer to affirm that before the clerk can/will make the sale.

Finally, this is America. You are entitled to have a bong in your home if you want one. If you don't smoke it, what's the big deal? You could put water in it and decorate your room with long stemmed flowers for all anyone gives a zip.
Don't worry about it. You're presumed innocent until proven guilty, at least for now. It's interesting the FM took a picture of the bong after a fire that should have damaged the bong in some way, which would also cause me to wonder why of all things worthy of a picture the FM thought the bong was. Was the bong damaged in the fire?
The bong isn't able to be used as a bong, so there's no defense needed by you for possession of a home made , I'll presume here, ceramic or clay vase. If it's not a working bong, it's not a bong! Get it?

If they bring you up on charges, which I don't see how, remember this one thing no matter what. Do NOT SIGN YOUR NAME to anything they put in front of you! No matter what! No matter if they threaten, intimidate or attempt to coerce you, DO NOT SIGN your name to anything at all. If they take you into custody, which I don't see happening either, DO NOT even sign for your property that they confiscate from your pockets. SIGN NOTHING NO MATTER WHAT!

And then, if you have to mortgage your eye teeth, get a real attorney and fight like hell. DO NOT accept a public defender. Retain a private attorney.

Good luck.
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2011, 01:22 PM
No, they just took a picture. No confiscation. I was told by my mother to throw it away... it's still in the trash, do you think they could maybe get suspicious of me throwing it away?

Also, apparently I forgot to blow a candle out and whatever it was on caught fire. That is how the fire started - luckily it was able to be put out before anything (including the bong) was damaged. Only things directly next to the candle we're damaged at all, there is more smoke damage to the walls than anything.

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2011, 02:54 PM

(28-03-2011 01:22 PM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  No, they just took a picture. No confiscation. I was told by my mother to throw it away... it's still in the trash, do you think they could maybe get suspicious of me throwing it away?
I'd worry big time, if they knew you threw it away without you or your mom telling them you did.
I also wouldn't throw it away. If you like it, keep it. Authorities can infer anything they want, but if you start tossing what you like out because you think authorities are going to think the worst of your having possession of it, what chance do you have of feeling free to live in your own home?
I have a glass bong in my home. It was a gift from a buddy who had a smoke shop and he knew I collect unique glass work. This particular bong has pearl and rainbow patterning going all through the glass. It's gorgeous. So, I sit it up in the window of my room, on the table right in front of the window facing east and I have fresh cut long stem Iris in it. So that every morning, they are kissed by the sun and when I'm awakened by the light I see a lovely work of art first thing.
I could live across the street from a cop, and I'd still have it set that way. Freedom isn't what someone permits you to have , by their permission. Freedom is what you own, because you breathe.

Quote:Also, apparently I forgot to blow a candle out and whatever it was on caught fire. That is how the fire started - luckily it was able to be put out before anything (including the bong) was damaged. Only things directly next to the candle we're damaged at all, there is more smoke damage to the walls than anything.
Well, that's a very expensive lesson. Confused It's good to know no one was hurt. That's the important thing. All else can be replaced. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2011, 03:16 PM
I ordered a smoking pipe off the internet and it got lost in the post so the company sent a replacement and an unmarked 'goodie bag' full of all sorts of cannabis related items (weed grinder, filter papers, hollow marker with a foil lined storage area inside) and me, along with a few people I know, were pretty sure that I could get prison time simply for owning some of the stuff. So I burnt it all. xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
28-03-2011, 03:27 PM
I appreciate living in Canada more every day! LOL

So many cats, so few good recipes.
28-03-2011, 03:34 PM
If it were a little warmer on average, I would be moving there as soon as I could afford it. And getting a scrip Big Grin

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
28-03-2011, 07:38 PM
(28-03-2011 03:27 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I appreciate living in Canada more every day! LOL

No "war on drugs"?

*rolls eyes*

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink