from changing religion to changing life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2014, 01:43 PM
from changing religion to changing life
Another two weeks gone by and it seems like my world has changed so much again. The road is long and the terrain is tough but it is all worth toiling.

I've made appropriate changes. I've started going to a fight gym, I got a transfer at work, I've started talking to more people, and I have started to invest more time and thought into making new friends.

It's starting to feel really good to see the world from a non-Mormon perspective. It feels really good to be friends with people with out any intent to baptize or to stay friends upon religious merit.

I can now just be friends with people for who they are ans whatever they may be. in have met so many cool people on the trolley these past too weeks it's amazing! I really should have left the church so long ago.

I use the word non-Mormon for myself because I don't even want to be an exmormon. I feel as though the last title holds too much baggage and I don't want to carry it anymore.

This week has been my birthday and I haven't received any letter or message from any of my Mormon friends from my home town or from my new home of San Diego. Not one of them wished me happy birthday via text or Facebook. Just goes to prove how shitty they all were. Fuck them.

Sorry, it just kind of hurts.

But my Catholic friend, and adoptive cousin, sent me a really sweet message saying he appreciates our relationship and doesn't mind that I've changed my views. This guy is a true friend. Even though at the beginning he had acted like my Mormon friends, and then one day I had insulted him for being a pussy and fake friend...but then I said sorry and he said sorry and now we are cool. It's stuff like that that makes me have faith in the religious...ironically. Haha.

so anyways, no I'm just working on making new friends, talking to strangers, continue to loose weight, and get a new job in the IT fields.

hope all of you are doing great!

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like elconquistador's post
23-05-2014, 01:50 PM
RE: from changing religion to changing life
Just dropping by to say that I am VERY happy for you! You're right... those people were shitty, and I'm so glad that you're able to basically re-network. Networks are so important, and when one's entire network just leaves you, it's like the rug is pulled out from under you.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply