future of religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2017, 12:32 PM
future of religion
Soooooo what do you think is the future of religion will it die out,change,stay the same or Shocking rise to power again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2017, 01:01 PM
RE: future of religion
I love this question! I'm hoping to deploy an anonymous survey about this to my 300+ theist Facebook friends to find out what they really think when no one's watching. (I'm a data nerd)

I was intrigued by a Syfy show called The Expanse where it seems that all religions have died out except for Mormonism. I'm not an expert on Mormonism, but it makes sense to me that if we start exploring space, a religion that says everyone gets their own planet when they die might be the religion that continues to feel relevant to some people.
05-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Going by Radosław Tyrała Everyday Life Without God: A Sociology of Atheism and Unbelief and Rafał Boguszewski Religiosity and morality in the Polish society - dependency or autonomy? Sociological Study I would say that religion will sadly remain serious contender in Poland. In fact I'm worried that it will get worse when already close ties of Poland catholicism with nationalism will only get stronger - I shudder to imagine future like that: primitive chest beating nationalist who at the same time are convinced that their sky daddy order them to do x. Thankfully it's only possible, not probable future.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-02-2017, 01:19 PM
(05-02-2017 12:32 PM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Soooooo what do you think is the future of religion will it die out,change,stay the same or Shocking rise to power again.

Yes

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
05-02-2017, 01:21 PM
I think it'll likely eventually be seen as art instead of an oracle of truth.

#sigh
05-02-2017, 01:23 PM
I think it's drawing its last breath as we speak. Thank God.
05-02-2017, 01:24 PM
(05-02-2017 12:32 PM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Soooooo what do you think is the future of religion will it die out,change,stay the same or Shocking rise to power again.

I don't see religion dying out any time soon, but I think it'll turn more secular and more humanist. We're becoming a very connected planet and people are interacting and really getting to know the people in other cultures. When you get to know someone, it's hard not to notice that people are people no matter where they're from or what religion they follow.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
05-02-2017, 01:48 PM
I mean, it's easier if you're a woman.
05-02-2017, 01:55 PM
(05-02-2017 01:48 PM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  I mean, it's easier if you're a woman.

Blink Blink Hobo never mind, I don't wanna know.

#sigh
05-02-2017, 06:25 PM
God and Buddha will be replaced by new age versions of things like chi, allowing for spirituality without names.

'Murican Canadian