game character based on Sarkeesian.... we're DOOMED
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/news-main/pc-2...arkeesian/

the hell is going on, she is a nightmare to gaming
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
11-02-2015, 01:52 PM
RE: game character based on Sarkeesian.... we're DOOMED
I don't see how this bothers people so much - Don't like it, don't buy the game.

I'm not a fan of Anita, but the amount of threats she gets just for speaking out against sexism and female representation in gaming is disgusting and unacceptable. You won't see a male personality in gaming getting that amount of threats for speaking about sexism and gaming

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 7 users Like Blackout's post
11-02-2015, 02:44 PM
She is a con artist and Professional Victim. Her arguments are flawed beyond belief, and sexist to boot.

Her masters "thesis" that all of her work is based on is so flawed it contradicts itself and the sources she sites.

She should not be given any airtime. She gets targeted by trolls, but blames the gaming industry. Any criticism of her or her work( or lack there of) is labeled as harassment, by her and her supporters.

So no she should not be held up as a role model, she should not have influence in the gaming industry period.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2015, 02:47 PM
I actualy want this to happen!

The game industry has been plagued with shit even before sarkeesian troddled along.

Streamlining, DLC cashgrabs, lack of inovation, selling off the same shit constantly and the sheer fucking amount of uncreative bollocks.

But the drones keep coming to buy each and every CAll of Duty game eventhough each one is the same and each Battlefield game and all the shit EA produces.

I just hope that with this the casual gamers out there will have had enought and the shit industry will collapse.

Giving room for a new generation of truely inovative developers to shine.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
11-02-2015, 02:59 PM
(11-02-2015 02:44 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  She is a con artist and Professional Victim. Her arguments are flawed beyond belief, and sexist to boot.

Her masters "thesis" that all of her work is based on is so flawed it contradicts itself and the sources she sites.

She should not be given any airtime. She gets targeted by trolls, but blames the gaming industry. Any criticism of her or her work( or lack there of) is labeled as harassment, by her and her supporters.

So no she should not be held up as a role model, she should not have influence in the gaming industry period.
I don't agree with many of her arguments but whether it's flawed or not that's something that doesn't excuse the amount of criticism. Developers have the right to create games with any character at all.

The gaming industry needs to grow the fuck up, games are not exempt from criticism, people have the right to complain about games, gamers should mature and accept the fact that our precious games are not perfect and can do better. The lesson that we learn from Anita is that criticism from the gaming industry, specially if it's a woman, is highly hated amongst gamers.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 5 users Like Blackout's post
11-02-2015, 03:26 PM
(11-02-2015 01:31 PM)Ace Wrote:  http://www.gamebreaker.tv/news-main/pc-2...arkeesian/

the hell is going on, she is a nightmare to gaming

Grow up.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
11-02-2015, 03:29 PM
(11-02-2015 02:59 PM)Blackout Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 02:44 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  She is a con artist and Professional Victim. Her arguments are flawed beyond belief, and sexist to boot.

I don't agree with many of her arguments but whether it's flawed or not that's something that doesn't excuse the amount of criticism. Developers have the right to create games with any character at all.

The gaming industry needs to grow the fuck up, games are not exempt from criticism, people have the right to complain about games, gamers should mature and accept the fact that our precious games are not perfect and can do better. The lesson that we learn from Anita is that criticism from the gaming industry, specially if it's a woman, is highly hated amongst gamers.

And the lesson we learn from Anita is that as long as your a woman you can say anything you want and get away with it, all you have to do is yell misogyny and harassment and it all goes away. All the while ignoring the harassment and bullying carried out by said same group on any they disagree with.

Legitimate criticism has its place, blatantly misrepresenting something for personal gain is fraud. She is a first rate fraudster and should be indited not praised. She should not be immune to criticism because she is a woman. Stating that that is the way it should be is sexist.

She lied to make her points and get her money. When that gets pointed out she gets defended, just like you did here. Yes games can do better. They should still be fun though

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
11-02-2015, 03:32 PM
Of course, good ol' fashioned backlash.

Then again, this will also lead to many cheers out of some certain folks who will be gleeful to shoot arrows at the character in this more respectable manner of doing so in games as it's already been co-opted in some other choices.

Games should exist in a plethora of forms. There's always going to be a game for whatever the hell you want it to be in a manner others find poor quality for any reason.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Quote:And the lesson we learn from Anita is that as long as your a woman you can say anything you want and get away with it, all you have to do is yell misogyny and harassment and it all goes away. All the while ignoring the harassment and bullying carried out by said same group on any they disagree with.
You have god to be kidding - Anita is probably one of the most hated people among gamers (specially male ones) and she is heavily criticized by a large number of people connected to social media.

This is the opposite - If you are a woman and complain about sexism, be ready to have a bag full of angry tearful men telling you how you should feel and how you should live your life according to their values. It's not irrational and wrong to complain about sexism when you get rape threats - Which are far more frequent directed to women and are probably a bigger deal due to the danger of being raped.

Logically, the other side faces harassment as well and it's wrong, but the point was about the criticism you subject yourself to when you are a woman in gaming. I don't think criticism to the other side would exist if people simply refrained from reacting so negatively to her.
Quote:Legitimate criticism has its place, blatantly misrepresenting something for personal gain is fraud. She is a first rate fraudster and should be indited not praised. She should not be immune to criticism because she is a woman. Stating that that is the way it should be is sexist.
She is hated among gamers, she is everything but immune to criticism - If it really was like that, I don't see why she disabled youtube comments to avoid threats.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure she makes money, but people need to earn a living.
Quote:She lied to make her points and get her money. When that gets pointed out she gets defended, just like you did here. Yes games can do better. They should still be fun though
If I remember she said in a video that it's perfectly fine to play games, even sexist ones since games are supposed to be fun

She does make her money - I'm not even saying I agree with her, but try going into a gaming forum or community, say her name and check the reactions. Most likely people will say that she is worthless and a bitch.

I play games because games are fun, but I think it's ok to criticize games, I criticize even my top 10 games because I want them to be better and to be accessible to every race or gender.

[+] 2 users Like Blackout's post
11-02-2015, 04:17 PM
(11-02-2015 03:45 PM)Blackout Wrote:  You have god to be kidding - Anita is probably one of the most hated people among gamers (specially male ones) and she is heavily criticized by a large number of people connected to social media.

And there it comes, if your a male criticizing her you are bad. They criticize her because her arguments are not based on facts.

Quote:This is the opposite - If you are a woman and complain about sexism, be ready to have a bag full of angry tearful men telling you how you should feel and how you should live your life according to their values. It's not irrational and wrong to complain about sexism when you get rape threats - Which are far more frequent directed to women and are probably a bigger deal due to the danger of being raped.

It is irrational to blame an entire demographic for something a group of anonymous trolls did. You seem to fail at separating criticism of a woman for spouting bullshit
for the action of trolls.

Quote:Logically, the other side faces harassment as well and it's wrong, but the point was about the criticism you subject yourself to when you are a woman in gaming. I don't think criticism to the other side would exist if people simply refrained from reacting so negatively to her.
So we should not criticize someone who spouts bullshit if they are a woman in gaming ,got it.
People react negatively to her because she spouts bull shit, not because she is a woman.

Like the time they bullied a scientist to tears on international television because they did not like his shirt? Or the time a mens rights conference had to be moved to a different venue due to terrorist threats because they felt offended?

Or the time a lecture got shut down by having the fire alarm pulled because a group of female students felt that their rights trumped others?

Quote:She is hated among gamers, she is everything but immune to criticism - If it really was like that, I don't see why she disabled youtube comments to avoid threats.

She never responds to any criticisms, ever. She never has and never will.her arguments are made of bullshit.

Quote:And yeah, I'm pretty sure she makes money, but people need to earn a living.

If I remember she said in a video that it's perfectly fine to play games, even sexist ones since games are supposed to be fun

She does make her money - I'm not even saying I agree with her, but try going into a gaming forum or community, say her name and check the reactions. Most likely people will say that she is worthless and a bitch.

I play games because games are fun, but I think it's ok to criticize games, I criticize even my top 10 games because I want them to be better and to be accessible to every race or gender.

I refer to her video where she states he is not a gamer, never played games and does not particularly like games, but is doing this because there are not enough woman in gaming.

Then there is the fact she took youtubers letsplays and passed them off as her own. Oh and the time she showed footage of Hitman: Absolution and claimed the point of the mission was to kill the strippers, when the point of that mission is to kill the pimp who uses them for snuff films, and killing them is actually detrimental to the game play.

The game proposal she made? A gender flipped Prince of Persia and suddenly its genius, and none of the tropes she used are sexist because its a woman doing it, where as the exact same tropes are sexist when a man does it.

I have no problem with criticizing games. Hell I do to, but I am something she is not. I actually am a gamer. You get now why she gets so much criticism or should I post her actual thesis and the research she references and blatantly contradicts.

if she actually presented something researched and factual I would not have a problem, my problem is she gets paid to spout bullshit.

[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post