game character based on Sarkeesian.... we're DOOMED

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 04:52 PM
RE: game character based on Sarkeesian.... we're DOOMED
Eh, whatever. I feel completely indifferent toward Anita Sarkeesian, Brianna Wu, and all the other supposed "fraud" feminists. I literally give zero shits about this "controversy."

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
14-02-2015, 02:40 PM
(11-02-2015 03:45 PM)Blackout Wrote:  
Quote:And the lesson we learn from Anita is that as long as your a woman you can say anything you want and get away with it, all you have to do is yell misogyny and harassment and it all goes away. All the while ignoring the harassment and bullying carried out by said same group on any they disagree with.
You have god to be kidding - Anita is probably one of the most hated people among gamers (specially male ones) and she is heavily criticized by a large number of people connected to social media.

This is the opposite - If you are a woman and complain about sexism, be ready to have a bag full of angry tearful men telling you how you should feel and how you should live your life according to their values. It's not irrational and wrong to complain about sexism when you get rape threats - Which are far more frequent directed to women and are probably a bigger deal due to the danger of being raped.

Logically, the other side faces harassment as well and it's wrong, but the point was about the criticism you subject yourself to when you are a woman in gaming. I don't think criticism to the other side would exist if people simply refrained from reacting so negatively to her.
Quote:Legitimate criticism has its place, blatantly misrepresenting something for personal gain is fraud. She is a first rate fraudster and should be indited not praised. She should not be immune to criticism because she is a woman. Stating that that is the way it should be is sexist.
She is hated among gamers, she is everything but immune to criticism - If it really was like that, I don't see why she disabled youtube comments to avoid threats.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure she makes money, but people need to earn a living.
Quote:She lied to make her points and get her money. When that gets pointed out she gets defended, just like you did here. Yes games can do better. They should still be fun though
If I remember she said in a video that it's perfectly fine to play games, even sexist ones since games are supposed to be fun

She does make her money - I'm not even saying I agree with her, but try going into a gaming forum or community, say her name and check the reactions. Most likely people will say that she is worthless and a bitch.

I play games because games are fun, but I think it's ok to criticize games, I criticize even my top 10 games because I want them to be better and to be accessible to every race or gender.

See how far you get complaining about sexism if you're a man.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
14-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Nothing wrong with feminism unless they go extreme and start being sexist against men. I can't stand those ones. They give all men a bad name, make them all look like they are a**holes and pretty much become what they are fighting against. It just becomes double standard. If they are just speaking their mind and want equality and not trying to destroy the reputation of the good men who do not treat women with disrespect then I'm all for it. As for Sarkeesian I never seen or heard any of her arguments so unless she is one of those extreme feminists then I think this is good in helping spread her word.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-02-2015, 03:17 PM
(14-02-2015 03:55 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Nothing wrong with feminism unless they go extreme and start being sexist against men. I can't stand those ones. They give all men a bad name, make them all look like they are a**holes and pretty much become what they are fighting against. It just becomes double standard. If they are just speaking their mind and want equality and not trying to destroy the reputation of the good men who do not treat women with disrespect then I'm all for it. As for Sarkeesian I never seen or heard any of her arguments so unless she is one of those extreme feminists then I think this is good in helping spread her word.

Anita is of the school of Feminism that says that anything a man does in inherently bad. The patriarchy is to blame for all the evils of the world and woman can do no wrong. She and her boyfriend are the reason #fullmacintosh is a trend on twitter.

Refer to my earlier posts, those are taken directly from the videos she posted. The latest one being of Hitman: Absolution and shows the extent to which she will go to portray anything a man does as evil.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
16-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Rolleyes

Christ. Who cares again? Ya know. Name me another feminist other than Anita? If the tobacco industry got criticised for being a bastion of male privilege, would all smokers go ballistic and hand out death threats to the critics, even *if* the critics turned out to be frauds?

Anita is a feminist who dared to direct her criticism at something that a bunch of random people seem to hold sacred. I couldn't give a flying fuck about this business of fraud or what the fuck else, what I do react to is the juvenile bullshit that gets thrown at her in retaliation. If gamers want to be taken seriously they must jack themselves the fuck up. Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
16-02-2015, 04:21 PM
(11-02-2015 01:52 PM)Blackout Wrote:  I don't see how this bothers people so much - Don't like it, don't buy the game.

I'm not a fan of Anita, but the amount of threats she gets just for speaking out against sexism and female representation in gaming is disgusting and unacceptable. You won't see a male personality in gaming getting that amount of threats for speaking about sexism and gaming

Jack Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
16-02-2015, 05:15 PM
(16-02-2015 04:21 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 01:52 PM)Blackout Wrote:  I don't see how this bothers people so much - Don't like it, don't buy the game.

I'm not a fan of Anita, but the amount of threats she gets just for speaking out against sexism and female representation in gaming is disgusting and unacceptable. You won't see a male personality in gaming getting that amount of threats for speaking about sexism and gaming

Jack Thompson

I think he meant males that work in the video game industry.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-02-2015, 10:47 PM
(16-02-2015 03:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  Rolleyes

Christ. Who cares again? Ya know. Name me another feminist other than Anita? If the tobacco industry got criticised for being a bastion of male privilege, would all smokers go ballistic and hand out death threats to the critics, even *if* the critics turned out to be frauds?

Anita is a feminist who dared to direct her criticism at something that a bunch of random people seem to hold sacred. I couldn't give a flying fuck about this business of fraud or what the fuck else, what I do react to is the juvenile bullshit that gets thrown at her in retaliation. If gamers want to be taken seriously they must jack themselves the fuck up. Dodgy

Yes because being tweeted "I hope you die" is a serious death threat.

Are you defending her because she is right or because she is a woman?

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
16-02-2015, 10:55 PM
(16-02-2015 10:47 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 03:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  Rolleyes

Yes because being tweeted "I hope you die" is a serious death threat.

Tweeting her Home address and saying I'm going to kill you however is a very serious death threat and that happened several times.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-02-2015, 11:16 PM
(16-02-2015 10:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 10:47 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  Yes because being tweeted "I hope you die" is a serious death threat.

Tweeting her Home address and saying I'm going to kill you however is a very serious death threat and that happened several times.

So all gamers are inherently evil because of what some trolls did.

My issue with Sarkeesian are her arguments and actions, the problem being she can claim anything is harassment and she is will be defended simply because vagina.

When she declared that masculinity was the cause of Eliot Rodger's breakdown and got criticised for it she claimed the criticism was harassment.

When her hypocrisy is pointed out its harassment.

When a game is made about beating up a male it's fine, when its her its a concerted campaign of hate.

Notice the pattern here?