game character based on Sarkeesian.... we're DOOMED

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2015, 07:22 AM
RE: game character based on Sarkeesian.... we're DOOMED
(11-02-2015 04:17 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  I am something she is not. I actually am a gamer.

Ah, but if you were a TRUE gamer, you would quit your job and make all your money live streaming on Twitch.tv

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2015, 07:42 AM
(17-02-2015 07:22 AM)cactus Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 04:17 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  I am something she is not. I actually am a gamer.

Ah, but if you were a TRUE gamer, you would quit your job and make all your money live streaming on Twitch.tv

Those are Poseurs! True gamers play for the love of the game and don't monetize their love of the games.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
17-02-2015, 07:55 AM
(17-02-2015 07:42 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 07:22 AM)cactus Wrote:  Ah, but if you were a TRUE gamer, you would quit your job and make all your money live streaming on Twitch.tv

Those are Poseurs! True gamers play for the love of the game and don't monetize their love of the games.

... But willing fork over their own cash in exchange for games...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-02-2015, 09:18 AM
(17-02-2015 01:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 01:05 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Sure making a lot of noise in this doorknob thread, morondog. Tongue

I kinda like her, she's cute and evil and stuff. Heart

HELP HELP I'M BEING OPPRESSED!

Big Grin

I get's my knickers in a twist too sometimes Angel

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
17-02-2015, 11:59 AM
(11-02-2015 04:17 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  but I am something she is not. I actually am a gamer.

How do you know she is not a gamer?

After all, she probably knows more about gaming history than you do. It stands to reason she has an interest in them and is a ...

... gamer.

But of course you just want to dismiss what she says rather than face the reasoned criticism she has levelled against the gaming industry.

Are you sure you're not also a theist?

Maybe you should develop your own identity rather than assume a pre-packaged one sold to you by an industry.
17-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Well fortunately people with more time and expertise than me have done this. Repeatedly.

Proof of her taking other Youtubers videos and passing them off as her own

http://victorsopinion.blogspot.be/2013/0...urces.html

Anita canceling a talk after the police said there was no threat to her appearing

http://www.usu.edu/ust/index.cfm?article=54179

A video of her admitting she didn't actualy play games before she went on a rant.

A rebuttal to the claim woman are not represented in games.

And for good measure her her "masters thesis". Should you read it a theme you'll notice is "the Patriarcy" the amorphous, untestable, unfalsifiable all powerful system of opposing and oppressing woman.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  MRP-FINAL-web.pdf (Size: 753.17 KB / Downloads: 17)

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
17-02-2015, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 01:27 PM by Blackhand293.)
(17-02-2015 11:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 04:17 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  but I am something she is not. I actually am a gamer.

How do you know she is not a gamer?

After all, she probably knows more about gaming history than you do. It stands to reason she has an interest in them and is a ...

... gamer.

But of course you just want to dismiss what she says rather than face the reasoned criticism she has levelled against the gaming industry.

Oh look unable to assert a point you resort to Ad Hominem attacks, attack the person when you cant attack the argument. Brilliant Mathilda, your bias is showing.

Cherry picking scenes, misrepresentation. Blatant lies. Yes reasoned criticism of an industry i have been part of for most of my life.

Quote:Are you sure you're not also a theist?

Non Sequitur.

Quote:Maybe you should develop your own identity rather than assume a pre-packaged one sold to you by an industry.

A gamer is a person who plays games and enjoys it. I have been identifying as a gamer for nigh on 22 years,I have been playing games since the early 90's. Anita has only in the last few years touched gaming.

I play simulation games, thus I am simmer is that also a prepackaged identity sold to me by the industry?

Maybe you should actually explore something other than the feminist propaganda you seem to enjoy. Present evidence of her well reasoned and thought out criticisms please.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
17-02-2015, 01:35 PM
(17-02-2015 01:20 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 11:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  How do you know she is not a gamer?

... gamer.

Oh look unable to assert a point you resort to Ad Hominem attacks, attack the person when you cant attack the argument. Brilliant Mathilda, your bias is showing.

Cherry picking scenes, misrepresentation. Blatant lies. Yes reasoned criticism of an industry i have been part of for most of my life.

Non Sequitur.

Quote:Maybe you should develop your own identity rather than assume a pre-packaged one sold to you by an industry.

A gamer is a person who plays games and enjoys it. I have been identifying as a gamer for nigh on 22 years,I have been playing games since the early 90's. Anita has only in the last few years touched gaming.

I play simulation games, thus I am simmer is that also a prepackaged identity sold to me by the industry?

Maybe you should actually explore something other than the feminist propaganda you seem to enjoy. Present evidence of her well reasoned and thought out criticisms please.

Where did she use an ad hominid attack.. by questioning how you know she isn't a gamer? By saying she a person who spent time studying probably knows more about something she spend time studying? By saying you've dismissed her without giving any nuanced critic of what you actually are opposed to?

You've chosen to give that the distinction of what a "gamer" is. It's a not seriously defined or cared about label because it highlights next to nothing to plenty of people. Which includes those who would fit your classification of the term.

Analysis's are prone to being one sided and some times they are misguided in situations. Also, there are some purposes in the system of being that way, they aren't always of the ilk of attempting to be "objective" review like claims. There are differences and there are flaws. The mistakes are just to point out. Getting carried away about them and disliking ideas seems to be a different problem others have taken though.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
17-02-2015, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 02:15 PM by Blackhand293.)
(17-02-2015 01:35 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 01:20 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  Oh look unable to assert a point you resort to Ad Hominem attacks, attack the person when you cant attack the argument. Brilliant Mathilda, your bias is showing.

Non Sequitur.

Where did she use an ad hominid attack.. by questioning how you know she isn't a gamer? By saying she a person who spent time studying probably knows more about something she spend time studying? By saying you've dismissed her without giving any nuanced critic of what you actually are opposed to?

You've chosen to give that the distinction of what a "gamer" is. It's a not seriously defined or cared about label because it highlights next to nothing to plenty of people. Which includes those who would fit your classification of the term.

Analysis's are prone to being one sided and some times they are misguided in situations. Also, there are some purposes in the system of being that way, they aren't always of the ilk of attempting to be "objective" review like claims. There are differences and there are flaws. The mistakes are just to point out. Getting carried away about them and disliking ideas seems to be a different problem others have taken though.

I am passionate about my hobbies. I spend a lot of money on my hobbies. I will defend my hobbies when they are attacked. Criticism should be objective if it is to be taken seriously. Anita has a clear bias agianst men and uses her platform to attack a hobby enjoyed by mostly men. When her flaws are pointed out she gets defended by people who refuse to see that there is a flaw to her arguments.

Quote:But of course you just want to dismiss what she says rather than face the reasoned criticism she has levelled against the gaming industry.

Labeling a poster a theist on an atheist forum, when said poster has repeatedly put forth the position that they are anti-theistic. Dismissing the argument out of hand because of the the view expressed and not the content of the argument being fallacious. That part is an attack on the person making an argument and not the argument it self.

All of her posts on this thread have been attacks on the posters and not the arguments.

17-02-2015, 02:12 PM
(17-02-2015 06:26 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  

What are you? Twelve?

Such logic. Much argument. So wow.