game tard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2014, 09:07 AM
game tard
my problem is I rarely play a game through, and I will get a new game, play it hard for a bit, then life steps in the way (family, career, obsessive workout program, kids, full time college student) and I will set the game aside for a few weeks, then I go back into it, and forgot all the key combos, what does what and now that I am in the middle of the game and I am getting my ass handed to me while I try to remember how to switch weapons, use a potion etc...anyone else do this?

I have so many awesome games I have to restart from the beginning someday and play through, assassins creed series, crysis series, Skyrim, Far cry 3, mass affect 3 etc...just got thief last month I think it was and played about 12 hours worth, now I popped it in and sat staring stupidity at the screen....duh...Drooling...what was I doing? where was I going? how do I jump? Laugh out load

Facepalm

I am a game tard, not to mention I suck at reactionary stuff, *bad guy pops up* scream! shoots wildly all around as I take damage, drop the magazine, pick it up, stick it in gun backwards, RELOAD! no not that button, why am I jumping up and down...shoot!...for some odd reason screaming these commands at the screen while breaking my alienware keyboard doesnt keep my character alive....even on the easy level hehe....ah well, guess I will log out and go to the gym, pick some shit up and put it down a few times DroolingLaughat

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2014, 09:16 AM
RE: game tard
(07-06-2014 09:07 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  my problem is I rarely play a game through, and I will get a new game, play it hard for a bit, then life steps in the way (family, career, obsessive workout program, kids, full time college student) and I will set the game aside for a few weeks, then I go back into it, and forgot all the key combos, what does what and now that I am in the middle of the game and I am getting my ass handed to me while I try to remember how to switch weapons, use a potion etc...anyone else do this?

I have so many awesome games I have to restart from the beginning someday and play through, assassins creed series, crysis series, Skyrim, Far cry 3, mass affect 3 etc...just got thief last month I think it was and played about 12 hours worth, now I popped it in and sat staring stupidity at the screen....duh...Drooling...what was I doing? where was I going? how do I jump? Laugh out load

Facepalm

I am a game tard, not to mention I suck at reactionary stuff, *bad guy pops up* scream! shoots wildly all around as I take damage, drop the magazine, pick it up, stick it in gun backwards, RELOAD! no not that button, why am I jumping up and down...shoot!...for some odd reason screaming these commands at the screen while breaking my alienware keyboard doesnt keep my character alive....even on the easy level hehe....ah well, guess I will log out and go to the gym, pick some shit up and put it down a few times DroolingLaughat

I find replaying the tutorial levels fixes that. I sometimes go back and play FO:NV after 6 or 7 months off and have to look up how to do everything.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-06-2014, 09:40 AM
(07-06-2014 09:07 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  my problem is I rarely play a game through, and I will get a new game, play it hard for a bit, then life steps in the way (family, career, obsessive workout program, kids, full time college student) and I will set the game aside for a few weeks, then I go back into it, and forgot all the key combos, what does what and now that I am in the middle of the game and I am getting my ass handed to me while I try to remember how to switch weapons, use a potion etc...anyone else do this?

Facepalm

I am guilty of doing this too(depending on the game). We've all been there!

I always think of this video:

[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
07-06-2014, 10:24 AM
(07-06-2014 09:40 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  

Facepalm

I am guilty of doing this too(depending on the game). We've all been there!

I always think of this video:

haha great video, i really enjoyed that Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)