games to play before you die{ned to sort put list could you help}

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2013, 03:48 AM
RE: games to play before you die{ned to sort put list could you help}
Super Mario World, TNT Turtles in Time.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2013, 04:19 AM
(03-07-2013 02:26 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(02-07-2013 10:00 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I don't get why people throw a fit against emulators.

because why pay for something when you can still it
.. lol not to say there aren't legal ways to do it but I have the same problem with otaku who want pay for anme they watch
and I should know I am a partial hipacrit on this issue

E-thay elling-spay, it-ay urns-bay!

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
03-07-2013, 06:16 AM
(02-07-2013 10:16 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(02-07-2013 10:00 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I don't get why people throw a fit against emulators.

I don't personally like them (although it's been years and years since I used one) because of the clunkyness of the controls and being tied to my computer...

...I just have a feeling that it's going to be very hard to find/play a lot of those old games without resorting to emulation.

NOT TRUE! Though it does require money spent to get a usb controller...

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
03-07-2013, 07:49 AM
(03-07-2013 06:16 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(02-07-2013 10:16 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I don't personally like them (although it's been years and years since I used one) because of the clunkyness of the controls and being tied to my computer...

...I just have a feeling that it's going to be very hard to find/play a lot of those old games without resorting to emulation.

NOT TRUE! Though it does require money spent to get a usb controller...

I've had one. Again a long time ago so they have probably improved but I found the USB controller to be awful, it was like taking the worst madcat POS that everyone in the room hated and multiplying it 3x

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2013, 09:51 AM
(03-07-2013 02:26 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  

because why pay for something when you can still it
.. lol not to say there aren't legal ways to do it but I have the same problem with otaku who want pay for anme they watch
and I should know I am a partial hipacrit on this issue

Who are you worried about getting paid? If it is the original creator or license holder if you are not buying it first hand they receive 0% of the purchase price and if we are talking about games that are out of print (any game played on an emulator probably fits that description) then throwing down E-bay prices (which can go from next to nothing for most old titles to several hundred dollars for a select few) is just paying someone who had no hand in the creation of the media.

I have no problem with using emulators (I have several) and since 90% of the games I have roms for are ones I own or did own at one point in time I have already given the maximum amount of compensation to the Original Creators and at this time they no longer have any skin in the game. I tend to view this the same way I look at free books for Kindle on amazon, These are for all intents and purposes Public Domain works as the creators no longer are receiving compensation regardless of whether or not money is exchanged for the work.

Anyway here is my list
Final Fantasy 1, 6, 7, & X (the entire series is great but those are high points imo)
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
The entire Super Mario Bro's line (including the RPGs)
Legend of Zelda all of them except Wind waker and the phillips games
Dragon Quest 8 (a love letter to the old school JRPG)
MegaMan 1-5
Earthbound
Grand Theft Auto 3 (this was the first M title that really made waves)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (first great star wars game ever made)
World of Warcraft (the super heavyweight in the MMO world, changed the way MMOs are made)
Suikoden 1 and 2
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Skyrim
The Fallout Series (1&2 are a completely different animal to 3 and New Vegas all are worth a spin)

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Some games you have to use emulators with. Take pokemon - the older games.
Anything that's not a DS now you have to buy used - but the supply of used games won't always be so plenty. Nintendo stated they won't be releasing Pokemon Red or Blue for the virtual console - so whatcha gonna do? Go to Walmart and ask for it? They don't care - they got their money.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
09-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Just play Breath of Fire 3. It's fucking good.
09-07-2013, 02:24 PM
(09-07-2013 12:58 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Some games you have to use emulators with. Take pokemon - the older games.
Anything that's not a DS now you have to buy used - but the supply of used games won't always be so plenty. Nintendo stated they won't be releasing Pokemon Red or Blue for the virtual console - so whatcha gonna do? Go to Walmart and ask for it? They don't care - they got their money.

go to the following game stores
1. wizard
2. play and trade

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
09-07-2013, 03:03 PM
(09-07-2013 02:24 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 12:58 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Some games you have to use emulators with. Take pokemon - the older games.

go to the following game stores
1. wizard
2. play and trade

There is no store called that in my area.

09-07-2013, 03:56 PM
not that I am trying to pick a fight because If I say it It will sound like it buttttt.....

http://www.playntrade.com/home.php
ebay
http://www.amazon.com

the first one is your best choice because they test everything.. hopefully you don't take this like I am being mean but usaly to lazy to do research is a theist action. btw again I am a hypocrite here.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.