genesis

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2014, 04:02 PM
genesis
Quote:One thing that has been debunked? - How about the entire book of Genesis?
How bout you give me a few
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2014, 04:16 PM
RE: genesis
(16-02-2014 04:02 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  

Adam and Eve for starters. We have genetics that prove we evolved from single celled organisms. At no point was any hominid species under 5000 members let alone 2. Human migration starts from central Africa not the middle east.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Don't forget the trickster God theory.
The universe was made to look old and anything contradicting the bible is to test your faith.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
16-02-2014, 05:05 PM
So, the Ken Ham debate gave you some false courage, eh? Instead of writing it all out for you, here's one of hundreds of links that shows Genesis to be scientifically impossible.

http://www.huecotanks.com/debunk/genesis.html

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
16-02-2014, 05:27 PM

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-02-2014, 05:30 PM
(16-02-2014 04:02 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  

Adam and Eve.
Creation of all species in their current forms.
The Firmament.
Genesis says plants were made by god before the sun.

And that, is only four of the many. I'm not too well versed with the Bibal, so I can't really go through it in entirety.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Camels were not domesticated in the time period Genesis is supposed to take place yet they are mentioned several times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/11/scienc....html?_r=1

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-02-2014, 05:52 PM
(16-02-2014 05:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Camels were not domesticated in the time period Genesis is supposed to take place yet they are mentioned several times.

Gotta love Rev being current to kick Genesis' ass.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2014, 05:56 PM
(16-02-2014 05:52 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 05:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Camels were not domesticated in the time period Genesis is supposed to take place yet they are mentioned several times.

Gotta love Rev being current to kick Genesis' ass.

This is like the Bunny slopes of counter-apologetics, it would take less time to list the stuff that is correct in Genesis and that's not even counting the magical shit.

[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-02-2014, 06:00 PM

I wanted to make a thread about those pesky anachronistic camels when I saw the story, but I figured somebody else would have brought it up, and my threads all bomb.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.