genesis

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 01:37 PM
RE: genesis
(17-02-2014 01:12 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 01:04 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  ya those are some nice theories but to believe it you have to take a leap of faith.

Why don't you show us by taking a leap of faith off of a 9 story building to see if the scientific theory of gravity is valid! Why is it that you only try to discount scientific conclusions that threaten your god of creation? Please do yourselve a favor and step out of that bubble of ignorance and learn how scientists get to their conclusions - it won't hurt a bit.

Because none of that is proven its just a theory.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2014, 01:42 PM
(17-02-2014 01:29 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 12:50 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  So your not an atheist your an agnostic. You don't have the balls to be an atheist

Incorrect. Gnostic means to know. Agnostic means to not know (or can't know).
Theist is a belief in a god or gods. Atheist is a lack of belief in a god or gods.

You can be a gnostic or agnostic atheist or theist. Agnostic is not "a stance" on a god, but a stance on knowledge. If you're going to argue apologetics, you should learn to understand what it is you're talking about.

The difference being that my stance is agnostic atheist, meaning I do not think there is sufficient knowledge or that one may not even be able to know if one exists. That is still a lack of belief.

You post as a gnostic theist, this requires knowledge to state "I know" and have provided none. Therefore, either you're a terrible troll, or you're incapable of actually answering questions and prefer to dodge questions, or you don't actually understand what you're arguing well enough to defend your position (meaning you should probably rethink it). Resorting to ad hominem attacks just makes you look like an ignoramus.

Drinking Beverage

well whatever it is you don't seem to be a strong Atheist
17-02-2014, 01:44 PM
(17-02-2014 01:37 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 01:12 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Why don't you show us by taking a leap of faith off of a 9 story building to see if the scientific theory of gravity is valid! Why is it that you only try to discount scientific conclusions that threaten your god of creation? Please do yourselve a favor and step out of that bubble of ignorance and learn how scientists get to their conclusions - it won't hurt a bit.

So go jump out a window and let us know which way you fall. Science says down but you obviously know better. Shoo Fly!

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-02-2014, 01:44 PM
So is germ theory, but I'm still sitting in the clinic waiting for a penicillin shot. So is atomic theory, but that nuclear reactor seems to be working. So is gravitational theory, but if I dropped my phone it would still hit the floor.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
17-02-2014, 01:47 PM
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon.

When used in non-scientific context, the word “theory” implies that something is unproven or speculative. As used in science, however, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.

Any scientific theory must be based on a careful and rational examination of the facts. In the scientific method, there is a clear distinction between facts, which can be observed and/or measured, and theories, which are scientists’ explanations and interpretations of the facts. Scientists can have various interpretations of the outcomes of experiments and observations, but the facts, which are the cornerstone of the scientific method, do not change.

http://www.livescience.com/21491-what-is...heory.html

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-02-2014, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2014 01:54 PM by Logisch.)
(17-02-2014 01:42 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 01:29 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Incorrect. Gnostic means to know. Agnostic means to not know (or can't know).
Theist is a belief in a god or gods. Atheist is a lack of belief in a god or gods.

You can be a gnostic or agnostic atheist or theist. Agnostic is not "a stance" on a god, but a stance on knowledge. If you're going to argue apologetics, you should learn to understand what it is you're talking about.

The difference being that my stance is agnostic atheist, meaning I do not think there is sufficient knowledge or that one may not even be able to know if one exists. That is still a lack of belief.

You post as a gnostic theist, this requires knowledge to state "I know" and have provided none. Therefore, either you're a terrible troll, or you're incapable of actually answering questions and prefer to dodge questions, or you don't actually understand what you're arguing well enough to defend your position (meaning you should probably rethink it). Resorting to ad hominem attacks just makes you look like an ignoramus.

Drinking Beverage

well whatever it is you don't seem to be a strong Atheist

Irrelevant point. I said I don't believe you and asked you to prove your points. You have yet to answer any questions presented to you to prove your position besides "bible said so". One does not need to be a gnostic atheist to call your bullshit. You're here to discuss your position. Each time you have been criticized and told to prove it, you simply attack other people or look for things to get out of answering the question.

When you can start actually discussing points instead of simply asserting things without citation or evidence, people will take you seriously.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
17-02-2014, 02:00 PM
(17-02-2014 01:37 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 01:12 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Why don't you show us by taking a leap of faith off of a 9 story building to see if the scientific theory of gravity is valid! Why is it that you only try to discount scientific conclusions that threaten your god of creation? Please do yourselve a favor and step out of that bubble of ignorance and learn how scientists get to their conclusions - it won't hurt a bit.

You have demonstrated yourself to be incompetent on every level at assessing evidence, understanding opposing positions, and following standard rules of debating.

These are trademarks of either an ignoramus or a troll.

Prove to us that you aren't a troll. Drinking Beverage

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
17-02-2014, 02:00 PM
(17-02-2014 02:00 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 01:37 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  Because none of that is proven its just a theory.

You have demonstrated yourself to be incompetent on every level at assessing evidence, understanding opposing positions, and following standard rules of debating.

These are trademarks of either an ignoramus or a troll.

Prove to us that you aren't a troll. Drinking Beverage

Wait.. let me use his reasoning for a second.

"YOU CAN'T PROVE I'M NOT. Wait..."

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
17-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Ok prove that there is no god.
17-02-2014, 02:08 PM
LOL. Ok "first day on the internet" kid meme... the jig is up. It was funny for a little while.

[Image: 46137378.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post