genesis

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 02:09 PM
RE: genesis
(17-02-2014 02:07 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  Ok prove that there is no god.

You are starting off terribly.

I do not claim to have any proof that god does not exist, I am an agnostic atheist.

I'll give you another chance. Make me proud. Drinking Beverage

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
17-02-2014, 02:11 PM

Prove there is.
You make the claim, you prove it.

Atir aissom atir imon
17-02-2014, 02:16 PM

No no no sweety. I'm not claiming anything. You are claiming there is. I am saying you have yet to convince me.
17-02-2014, 02:20 PM
(17-02-2014 02:16 PM)natachan Wrote:  

No no no sweety. I'm not claiming anything. You are claiming there is. I am saying you have yet to convince me.

Well since this thread is clearly about hard evidence. I'd like to let you know that you can't prove my transdimensional outside of time and space that is responsible bunions on all feet in the world exists.. He's outside of time and space. Beyond the laws of physics. It came to me in a dream and I had a revelation after asking him into my foot.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
17-02-2014, 02:29 PM

Goldenmouche,
Euler, the famous mathematician, proved the non-existence of God with this formula: (a+b^n)/n = x.

There's your proof, right there.

Doc
17-02-2014, 03:11 PM
(17-02-2014 10:29 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 10:08 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Do everyone a favor and go kill yourself. It's win win you get to go meet Jesus and the world is a better place without your stupidity dragging the planet down. You are the reason America is falling behind the rest of the world.

Evolution does not even explain the eye. An organism doesn't just say hey I need an eye and grow it over night. the eye would take millions of years to form. Genetic mutations form and very very rarely does it do a beneficial one. It is not passed down to its children if its not beneficial until its a 100% an eye so it will not be passed down generations until it benefits the organism which it does not until it is a full eye. forget that you have to explain how a universe came into being by itself with precise physics and laws guiding it into place. It was not random chance.

Read and attempt to understand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye

Stages of Eye Evolution
The earliest predecessors of the eye were photoreceptor proteins that sense light, found even in unicellular organisms, called "eyespots". Eyespots can only sense ambient brightness: they can distinguish light from dark, sufficient for photoperiodism and daily synchronization of circadian rhythms. They are insufficient for vision, as they cannot distinguish shapes or determine the direction light is coming from. Eyespots are found in nearly all major animal groups, and are common among unicellular organisms, including euglena. The euglena's eyespot, called a stigma, is located at its anterior end. It is a small splotch of red pigment which shades a collection of light sensitive crystals. Together with the leading flagellum, the eyespot allows the organism to move in response to light, often toward the light to assist in photosynthesis, and to predict day and night, the primary function of circadian rhythms. Visual pigments are located in the brains of more complex organisms, and are thought to have a role in synchronising spawning with lunar cycles. By detecting the subtle changes in night-time illumination, organisms could synchronise the release of sperm and eggs to maximise the probability of fertilisation.

The functional unit of the eye is the receptor cell, which contains the opsin proteins and responds to light by initiating a nerve impulse. The light sensitive opsins are borne on a hairy layer, to maximise the surface area. The nature of these "hairs" differs, with two basic forms underlying photoreceptor structure: microvilli and cilia. In the protostomes, they are microvilli: extensions or protrusions of the cellular membrane. But in the deuterostomes, they are derived from cilia, which are separate structures. The actual derivation may be more complicated, as some microvilli contain traces of cilia — but other observations appear to support a fundamental difference between protostomes and deuterostomes. These considerations centre on the response of the cells to light – some use sodium to cause the electric signal that will form a nerve impulse, and others use potassium; further, protostomes on the whole construct a signal by allowing more sodium to pass through their cell walls, whereas deuterostomes allow less through.

This suggests that when the two lineages diverged in the Precambrian, they had only very primitive light receptors, which developed into more complex eyes independently.

Please pick up a science book or just browse around Wiki.
Lots of information there. Your ideas about evolution come from somewhere.
That source is very very bad. Please, I beg you. Read what science has observed and discovered. It's fascinating.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
17-02-2014, 03:17 PM
(17-02-2014 01:04 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  ya those are some nice theories but to believe it you have to take a leap of faith.
(17-02-2014 01:37 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  Because none of that is proven its just a theory.

You keep using the word 'theory' in a scientific context, yet I do not think you have any depth of understanding as to what the word means.

I'll prove there is no god when you prove there is no Saturn, Jupiter, Mars or Ares.
Of course you can't prove a negative, but you don't seem aware of that, so I'll just let you spend your life trying to do just that awaiting the day that I'll never have to fulfil my end of the bargain.

(17-02-2014 02:29 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  

Goldenmouche,
Euler, the famous mathematician, proved the non-existence of God with this formula: (a+b^n)/n = x.

Doc

Can you go step-by-step for those of me who are totally incompetent with anything math-like?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-02-2014, 03:35 PM
It's meaningless with that many unknowns.
17-02-2014, 03:39 PM
(17-02-2014 03:17 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 01:04 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  ya those are some nice theories but to believe it you have to take a leap of faith.
(17-02-2014 01:37 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  Because none of that is proven its just a theory.

You keep using the word 'theory' in a scientific context, yet I do not think you have any depth of understanding as to what the word means.

I'll prove there is no god when you prove there is no Saturn, Jupiter, Mars or Ares.
Of course you can't prove a negative, but you don't seem aware of that, so I'll just let you spend your life trying to do just that awaiting the day that I'll never have to fulfil my end of the bargain.

(17-02-2014 02:29 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Goldenmouche,

Doc

Can you go step-by-step for those of me who are totally incompetent with anything math-like?

Free Thought,
Look up Euler's query to Diderot online and then pm me if you still want a step-by-step breakdown.

Doc
17-02-2014, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2014 04:58 PM by CleverUsername.)

The world is filled with completely unnecessary pain and misery. By the time I'm done typing this post, a hundreds of people will have died, at least some of them undoubtedly being from things other than old age. Less than a century ago, millions of his so called chosen people were murdered and the guy didn't do crap. Less than two decades ago, thousands of innocent people were killed due to the religious beliefs of people who don't believe in him; he didn't lift a finger to help here, either. And that's just the big tragedies I can think of at the moment done by people. Nature hates us even more.

The sole "proof" of his existence is a book that makes Twilight look well written and good-natured by comparison. You can take the collective works of people who spent their lives writing, add up all the plot holes, and I'm willing to bet the number wouldn't even come close to the amount of them found in the Bible. The guy never has a simple solution to anything, despite supposedly being omnipotent.

Computers, TVs, cameras, cars, all that good stuff was made by scientists. The food you eat was grown or slaughtered by farmers. Surgery and "healing" is pulled off by doctors. Absolutely nothing is pulled off by God. Even if the insistence that everything remotely pretty was made by God made sense, we've had flowers and sunsets for longer than the Bible insists the world existed. When's he going to make something new?

God has been completely passive while people twist his words around like play-dough, simultaneously cutting out the dry parts they don't like and throwing them away. No gay people, but shellfish and football are okay! You'd think he'd be kind of ticked at this and do something to stop it. I know I'd be angry if people were twisting my words like that. And we know he can get angry, just ask Adam and Eve.

Either he doesn't exist, or he does and he is a complete ineffectual moron.

The others are right; the burden of proof is on theists. But even if it wasn't, it still wouldn't be a hard argument.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post