genesis

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: genesis
Goldenmustache may I ask you a question? I actually asked it early this morning and I guess I did something wrong because I don't see it.

Do you believe that the Bible alone is enough to prove the Genesis account or do you think additional evidence is required?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2014, 05:11 PM
[Image: 1920627_1407056776214296_503192129_n.jpg]

Lawl Genesis do you ever come anywhere close to making sense.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-02-2014, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2014 08:26 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(17-02-2014 08:47 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 08:46 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Yes, your fairy tale book's claim the that the sun revolves around the fucking earth IS a lie. Your whole fucking fairy tale book is a fucking lie. Go fuck yourself.

No need to get all upset. But if your claiming that that is true show me the verse.

I am not upset at all. I am amused. I'm not going to do your fucking homework for you. Go fuck yourself.

(17-02-2014 09:46 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  No evolution has a lot of holes in it a lot. It doesn't explain emotions, feeling, love, desires, how the brain was developed and the eyes. and is just a really bad excuse of how humans got here because there is no other game in town.

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about, period.

(17-02-2014 09:48 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  Where are you getting these silly ideas from. Now your just assuming what I believe. I do believe In progressive creationism and microevolution.

There is no distinction in the Real World between "micro" and "macro" evolution. That is just bullshit that you creatards made up to move the goalposts.

(17-02-2014 09:50 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  Like I said in another thread God is eternal. He is not of this universe therefore does not apply to its laws.

That is called a "Special Pleading Fallacy". It's also the made-up bullshit of a pathological liar.

(17-02-2014 09:58 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  You said where was gods start he must have a beginning right? This universe everything has a start everything we all link up somewhere. God doesn't apply to these laws because he is not of this universe. This is a very valid answer.

No, its not. It's a disingenuous made-up bullshit answer.

(17-02-2014 10:05 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  have you taken a look at your evidence?

The only evidence we need is YOUR LACK OF EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOUR BULLSHIT CLAIMS.

Quote: your an atheist

*You're

Quote:and yet have no proof or really any reasonable possibility

Proof of WHAT? That you have no evidence to back up your bullshit claims? You HAVE NONE.

Quote: exept theories of what kicked off the big bang.

Big Bang Theory has NOTHING to do with your fairy tale book being a fairy tale book.

Quote: you asked if where is your gods start. I told you and The bible is proof of it really if you want to go down that road.

Your fairy tale book is NOT EVIDENCE of ANYTHING.

(17-02-2014 10:06 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 09:59 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  And supporting that...
Love is a beneficial emotion that allows us to easily:
Mate and preserve are genes
Get attached to a person. (Defend child so your DNA stays existent.)
Other emotions are chemical processes that are beneficial in many ways.

yeah and evolution doesn't prove that.

It doesn't need to.

(17-02-2014 10:08 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  ya but a mythical creature didn't send a book of predicted prophecies

Your fairy tale has no "predicated prophesies".

(17-02-2014 10:29 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  Evolution does not even explain the eye. An organism doesn't just say hey I need an eye and grow it over night. the eye would take millions of years to form. Genetic mutations form and very very rarely does it do a beneficial one. It is not passed down to its children if its not beneficial until its a 100% an eye so it will not be passed down generations until it benefits the organism which it does not until it is a full eye. forget that you have to explain how a universe came into being by itself with precise physics and laws guiding it into place. It was not random chance.

None of the above ignorant drivel has anything to do with your fucking fairy tale book being a fucking fairy tale book.

(17-02-2014 10:31 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  Who cares about religions. they are pointless to you. you cant even aknowledge that a god created the universe.

Intellectual honesty (something you wouldn't know if it bent you over and fucked you in the ass) wouldn't allow such an "acknowledgement". YOU haven't shown any evidence to support your claim that your fairy tale monster exists.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
17-02-2014, 07:57 PM
(17-02-2014 09:36 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  So is "progressive creationism" the latest hipster in group to be in, where you still believe in God, but need a unique way of fitting him into the history of the universe/world as we know it? Your views are still entirely based on nothing but imagination, and contradict scientific theory (although you think it better meshes science and creationism). You have no proof that God created anything over any period of time. You cannot deny macroevolution while giving microevolution some validity. It is an even more wishy washy mindset then just taking the creation story in Genesis to be true as stated. Why do you folks resist listening to the vast scientific community, and cling to stories and made up ideas just to keep this God concept from fading into the barbaric past? Why? No need to as we now know in 2014 how all forms of life came about. Why man, why?

"Progressive creationism" is a fallback position; YEC has been destroyed and so the pathological liar's story "evolves". A new lie is made up in place of the old one, and the creatard liar continues its snake oil sales pitch as if this new lie had been its position the whole time.

17-02-2014, 08:20 PM
well lets take a peek at a couple of prophesies in Gen. I wont bother beating a dead horse on the the great flood myth, or other BS stories. Too easy.

Genesis

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

*God says that if Adam eats from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, then the day that he does so, he will die. But later Adam eats the forbidden fruit (3:6) and yet lives for another 930 years (5:5). 2:17

As a punishment for killing Abel, God says Cain will be "a fugitive and a vagabond."

*Yet in just a few verses (4:16-17) Cain will settle down, marry, have a son, and build a city. This is not the activity one would expect from a fugitive and a vagabond. 4:12

God promises Abram and his descendants all of the land of Canaan. But both history and the bible (Acts 7:5 and Hebrews 11:13) show that God's promise to Abram was not fulfilled. 13:15, 15:18, 17:8, 28:13-14

*How long was the Egyptian captivity? This verse says 400 years, but Exodus 12:40 and Galatians 3:17 say 430 years. 15:13

"In the fourth generation they [Abraham's descendants] shall come hither again."

*But, if we count Abraham, then their return occurred after seven generations: Abraham, Isaac (Gen 21:1-3), Jacob (Gen.25:19-26), Levi (Gen 35:22-23), Kohath (Ex 6:16), Amramn (Ex 6:18), and Moses (Ex 6:20). 15:16

God promises to make Isaac's descendents as numerous as "the stars of heaven".

*which, of course, never happened. The Jews have always been, and will always be, a small minority. 22:17-18, 26:4

God renames Jacob twice (32:28, 35:10 ). God says that Jacob will henceforth be called Israel, but the Bible continues to call him Jacob anyway (47:28-29). And even God himself calls him Jacob in 46:2. 32:28, 35:10

God calls Jacob Jacob, though he said in Gen.32:28 and 35:10 that he would no longer be called Jacob but Israel. 46:2

God promises to bring Jacob safely back from Egypt, but Jacob dies in Egypt (Gen.47:28-29) 46:3

The tribe of Judah will reign "until Shiloh," but Israel's first king (Saul) was from the tribe of Benjamin (Acts 13:21), and most of the time after this prophecy there was no king at all. 49:10

"He washed his garments in wine ... His eyes shall be red with wine."
Did Judah really wash his clothes in wine? Were his eyes bloodshot from drinking too much? Or is this a prophecy of Jesus? (I didn't know Jesus had a drinking problem.) 49:11-12

Contrary to the prophecy in 48:21, Joseph died in Egypt, not Israel. Gen.50:24

next.....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
17-02-2014, 08:29 PM
(17-02-2014 08:20 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  As a punishment for killing Abel, God says Cain will be "a fugitive and a vagabond."

*Yet in just a few verses (4:16-17) Cain will settle down, marry, have a son, and build a city. This is not the activity one would expect from a fugitive and a vagabond. 4:12

And since Cain and Abel were the sons of the first two people on Earth, where did Cain's wife come from?

Game, set, match.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-02-2014, 08:30 PM
(17-02-2014 02:07 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  Ok prove that there is no god.

No one here is obligated to prove that your fairy tale monster doesn't exist. YOU make the claim that your fairy tale monster exists; YOU carry the burden of proving your assertion that said fairy tale monster exists.

18-02-2014, 12:37 AM
(17-02-2014 08:42 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 08:52 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  How bout the fucking sun doesn't revolve around the fucking earth. We figured that out something like 500 years ago. Where the hell have you been. HoboLaughat

That's a lie. show me where

Heliocentrism is a lie? Weeping

[Image: surprised-oh-fuck-no-l.png]

Go back in your hole.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
18-02-2014, 08:54 AM
(17-02-2014 12:53 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 12:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  What do you mean "laws"? Because I don't think you know what that word means in a scientific context. Scientific laws are mathematical descriptions of the observed (by humans) behavior of the physical universe.

and I don't think you know what they do

Physical laws don't do anything; they are descriptions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
18-02-2014, 08:57 AM
(17-02-2014 12:52 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 12:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  You really need to read an actual science book, not some crap published by Answers in Genesis or some other retarded organization.

Everything you said in that paragraph is false; it shows that you don't understand the evidence for evolution and that you have only gotten misinformation about evolution.

Then tell me please how you think it is formed then.

The formation of eyes is well-understood. Read a book - or this.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]