genesis

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 09:52 AM
RE: genesis
(17-02-2014 09:46 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  No evolution has a lot of holes in it a lot. It doesn't explain emotions, feeling, love, desires, how the brain was developed and the eyes. and is just a really bad excuse of how humans got here because there is no other game in town.

Once again, you're pleading from ignorance.
A quick Google search:
Science Behind Emotions
And the brain
and the eye

Please, read a book.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
17-02-2014, 09:52 AM
(17-02-2014 09:48 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  I do believe In ... microevolution.

There's no such thing as "microevolution". The term was invented by disingenuous hucksters more interested in book sales than belief who couldn't manage to ignore the foundational premises of evolution but nonetheless found it highly profitable to tell idiots it was possible to ignore all of the consequences.

There's just evolution. It is a fact. Deal with it.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
17-02-2014, 09:54 AM
(17-02-2014 09:46 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 09:10 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No I'm not arguing evolution because that argument is over. Evolution is the correct answer it has answered every challenge and been proven to the the correct working model in every situation. As to the age of the earth yes we know it is 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years that is really not in question anymore either. For fucks sake go to the library and read a science book put down the fairy tales and actually learn something. We are living in 2014 in a highly advanced society that relies on science and technology to function and you want to doubt science but only when it is convenient to you preferred lies. Do you walk to work or church because fossil fuels disprove Genesis? No you just argue for ignorance when it threatens your own stupidity. Sit the fuck down shut the fuck up and go read a book that was not written by dessert dwelling sheep fuckers.

No evolution has a lot of holes in it a lot. It doesn't explain emotions, feeling, love, desires, how the brain was developed and the eyes. and is just a really bad excuse of how humans got here because there is no other game in town.

Umm yes it does, you just don't know anything about what evolution really is. Go look this shit up before you proceed to look like an even bigger idiot.

Here is the Wiki that would have taken you upwards of 3 seconds to google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye

[Image: humane7.jpg]

http://www.sciencedaily.com/articles/e/e...he_eye.htm

Here is David Attenborough explaining why you are a fucktard

http://www.wimp.com/eyeevolution/

http://physics.okstate.edu/axie/courses/...e-2011.pdf

Here is the last link in a more mobile friendly set up

http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...f-the-eye/

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
17-02-2014, 09:55 AM
(17-02-2014 09:50 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  Like I said in another thread God is eternal. He is not of this universe therefore does not apply to its laws.

This is not an answer. This is a shrug of the shoulders, an intellectual "I don't know".
Please, give us proof. Examples.
If religious people could prove their religion, they wouldn't need faith. Hence why there are unbelievers.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
17-02-2014, 09:55 AM
(16-02-2014 10:17 PM)DLJ Wrote:  From the Intro thread:

(14-02-2014 11:51 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  Sup guys looking for a cool place to talk about different things and learn a littleThumbsup

Learn or teach, I wonder.

Consider

DLJ, how did you know? What gave it away?
Doc
17-02-2014, 09:56 AM
(17-02-2014 09:48 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 09:36 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  So is "progressive creationism" the latest hipster in group to be in, where you still believe in God, but need a unique way of fitting him into the history of the universe/world as we know it? Your views are still entirely based on nothing but imagination, and contradict scientific theory (although you think it better meshes science and creationism). You have no proof that God created anything over any period of time. You cannot deny macroevolution while giving microevolution some validity. It is an even more wishy washy mindset then just taking the creation story in Genesis to be true as stated. Why do you folks resist listening to the vast scientific community, and cling to stories and made up ideas just to keep this God concept from fading into the barbaric past? Why? No need to as we now know in 2014 how all forms of life came about. Why man, why?
or day age same thing. Because the earth is so old. in genesis young earth believe that the days god created the earth are actual 24 hour days. progressive says that the earth is very ancient and that the days created were over very long periods of time. the 7th day is still on going which shows why does the other days have to be 24 hour days. Or god could have done it in 24 hour days and then millions of years later preparing the earth put adam and eve in. really doesn't matter what way you think is right.

Where are you getting these silly ideas from. Now your just assuming what I believe. I do believe In progressive creationism and microevolution.
17-02-2014, 09:58 AM
(17-02-2014 09:55 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 09:50 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  Like I said in another thread God is eternal. He is not of this universe therefore does not apply to its laws.

This is not an answer. This is a shrug of the shoulders, an intellectual "I don't know".
If religious people could prove their religion, they wouldn't need faith. Hence why there are unbelievers.

You said where was gods start he must have a beginning right? This universe everything has a start everything we all link up somewhere. God doesn't apply to these laws because he is not of this universe. This is a very valid answer.
17-02-2014, 09:59 AM
(17-02-2014 09:52 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 09:46 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  No evolution has a lot of holes in it a lot. It doesn't explain emotions, feeling, love, desires, how the brain was developed and the eyes. and is just a really bad excuse of how humans got here because there is no other game in town.

Once again, you're pleading from ignorance.
A quick Google search:
Science Behind Emotions
And the brain
and the eye

Please, read a book.
And supporting that...
Love is a beneficial emotion that allows us to easily:
Mate and preserve are genes
Get attached to a person. (Defend child so your DNA stays existent.)
Other emotions are chemical processes that are beneficial in many ways.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
17-02-2014, 10:00 AM
(17-02-2014 09:58 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 09:55 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  This is not an answer. This is a shrug of the shoulders, an intellectual "I don't know".

You said where was gods start he must have a beginning right? This universe everything has a start everything we all link up somewhere. God doesn't apply to these laws because he is not of this universe. This is a very valid answer.

Then prove it, validity does not suffer from lack of evidence nor personal perception.

Atir aissom atir imon
17-02-2014, 10:01 AM
(17-02-2014 09:58 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 09:55 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  This is not an answer. This is a shrug of the shoulders, an intellectual "I don't know".

But it isn't, because you don't even explain:

- How you would know that god exists for one
- How you would prove god is not of this universe and laws
- How you know this is the case

I could just as well propose the same thing about a mythical creature I have locked in a box. Prove I don't have a hypderdimensional leprechaun locked in a chest in my closet. You can't see him because he is outside of our time and space. But if I propose such a thing, the burden of proof is on me to prove it. If you cannot provide evidence for such a claim, then you fail to meet the burden of proof for your claim.

Simply asserting something is a valid or good answer does not make it so.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post