genesis

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 10:05 AM
RE: genesis
(17-02-2014 10:00 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 09:58 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  You said where was gods start he must have a beginning right? This universe everything has a start everything we all link up somewhere. God doesn't apply to these laws because he is not of this universe. This is a very valid answer.

Then prove it, validity does not suffer from lack of evidence nor personal perception.

have you taken a look at your evidence? your an atheist and yet have no proof or really any reasonable possibility exept theories of what kicked off the big bang. you asked if where is your gods start. I told you and The bible is proof of it really if you want to go down that road.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2014, 10:06 AM
(17-02-2014 09:59 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 09:52 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Once again, you're pleading from ignorance.
A quick Google search:
Science Behind Emotions
And the brain
and the eye

Please, read a book.
And supporting that...
Love is a beneficial emotion that allows us to easily:
Mate and preserve are genes
Get attached to a person. (Defend child so your DNA stays existent.)
Other emotions are chemical processes that are beneficial in many ways.

yeah and evolution doesn't prove that.
17-02-2014, 10:08 AM
(17-02-2014 10:01 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 09:58 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  You said where was gods start he must have a beginning right? This universe everything has a start everything we all link up somewhere. God doesn't apply to these laws because he is not of this universe. This is a very valid answer.

But it isn't, because you don't even explain:

- How you would know that god exists for one
- How you would prove god is not of this universe and laws
- How you know this is the case

I could just as well propose the same thing about a mythical creature I have locked in a box. Prove I don't have a hypderdimensional leprechaun locked in a chest in my closet. You can't see him because he is outside of our time and space. But if I propose such a thing, the burden of proof is on me to prove it. If you cannot provide evidence for such a claim, then you fail to meet the burden of proof for your claim.

Simply asserting something is a valid or good answer does not make it so.

ya but a mythical creature didn't send a book of predicted prophecies
17-02-2014, 10:08 AM
(17-02-2014 10:06 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 09:59 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  And supporting that...
Love is a beneficial emotion that allows us to easily:
Mate and preserve are genes
Get attached to a person. (Defend child so your DNA stays existent.)
Other emotions are chemical processes that are beneficial in many ways.

yeah and evolution doesn't prove that.

Do everyone a favor and go kill yourself. It's win win you get to go meet Jesus and the world is a better place without your stupidity dragging the planet down. You are the reason America is falling behind the rest of the world.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-02-2014, 10:11 AM
(17-02-2014 10:08 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 10:01 AM)Logisch Wrote:  But it isn't, because you don't even explain:

- How you would know that god exists for one
- How you would prove god is not of this universe and laws
- How you know this is the case

I could just as well propose the same thing about a mythical creature I have locked in a box. Prove I don't have a hypderdimensional leprechaun locked in a chest in my closet. You can't see him because he is outside of our time and space. But if I propose such a thing, the burden of proof is on me to prove it. If you cannot provide evidence for such a claim, then you fail to meet the burden of proof for your claim.

Simply asserting something is a valid or good answer does not make it so.

ya but a mythical creature didn't send a book of predicted prophecies

circular logic much?
[Image: 400px-Bible_cycle.jpg]
17-02-2014, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2014 10:23 AM by Logisch.)
(17-02-2014 10:05 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 10:00 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Then prove it, validity does not suffer from lack of evidence nor personal perception.

have you taken a look at your evidence? your an atheist and yet have no proof or really any reasonable possibility exept theories of what kicked off the big bang. you asked if where is your gods start. I told you and The bible is proof of it really if you want to go down that road.

How is the bible proof of it any more than the qu'ran is proof of their god?

By this logic, we could also conclude that Laws of Manu is proof of Shiva, Vishni or Devi. Since the epic of gilgamesh is a known, proven ancient artifact, how could you dismiss that it is proof of an ancient flood caused by the gods when it's clear that Ishtar exists. I mean she's mentioned in it right? Clearly Ishtar exists too.

Atheism requires no evidence because it is a stance on the subject. It is literally, "I lack belief in a god or gods." there is no need to meet a burden of proof there as it is the default stance of many things. If someone makes a claim and cannot bring evidence to meet their burden of proof, the default stance of the person who is skeptical is not that they are in a sub sect of non-belief. They simply don't believe it.

If someone says you are guilty of murder, is it not on them to prove that you did it since they are the one posting the claim? For those who are on the end of the jury, the default is to not make an accusation in lieu of evidence. No evidence, can't hold them guilty.

In this same way, god is either guilty or not guilty of existing. You are posting the claim, and you say, "my evidence is a book." and we are saying, "then why are the other books false and YOURS true?" and all you are going back to is, "Book." I'm saying, "Your book doesn't meet this criteria any more than any other ancient book." and that your evidence is lacking. Aside from citing the same website over and over, you are failing to explain why and how your holy book is a convincing manner to prove that:

- god exists
- the bible is true
- god exists outside time and space
- how you know this

If you cannot meet the burden of proof to these claims, then my default stance is, "god is not guilty of existing. the bible is not guilty of being correct. god is not guilty of being outside of time and space. goldenmustache is not guilty of knowing this is true."

You're doing a tapdance avoiding the questions and then telling us, who are the ones skeptical of your claim that we need proof of our skepticism. This is not how skepticism and non-belief works. Someone who does not believe something is not the person who is required to post the evidence, the person staking the claim does.

So tell me, why is your book the correct book. Why are the Laws of Manu incorrect? Since you're using ancient text as your proof, you're going to need to explain to me why every other ancient text of other religions are false and only yours is correct.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
17-02-2014, 10:16 AM
(17-02-2014 09:55 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 10:17 PM)DLJ Wrote:  From the Intro thread:

Learn or teach, I wonder.

Consider

DLJ, how did you know? What gave it away?
Doc

I had a revelation from god.

Drinking Beverage

17-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Genesis is a creation myth like hundreds of others throughout hundreds of other cultures. Nothing more.
You shouldn't believe it because there is no evidence to back up the story and many parts of the story do not match real observations of the universe and the beginnings of it's expansion. Nothing about it is factual. It is fictional.

Animals weren't created. Humans weren't created. Everything wasn't created.
We know this because we observed reality and discovered the evolution of all biology and have shown how it's all connected.
We know how stars form and how solar systems form. We know that for heavier elements to exist, they need to form in stars and those stars then need to explode, casting out those heavy elements, like carbon, so all of that matter can form a new star system in which life has the potential to arise.

The story of genesis reads like the ramblings of a homeless person.

The fact that you would believe it, indicates a high level of brain washing.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
17-02-2014, 10:24 AM
(17-02-2014 10:05 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 10:00 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Then prove it, validity does not suffer from lack of evidence nor personal perception.

The reason why I'm atheist is because I looked at the proof. I've taken courses in biology, chemistry, physics, and geology. I plan on taking anthropology and psychology in college. The difference is understand what's being told, you don't know. You can't even cite a single scrap of evidence when pressed, you shift the blame onto me like I'm the one with the burden of proof. I have some bad news for you...

Atir aissom atir imon
17-02-2014, 10:29 AM
(17-02-2014 10:08 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 10:06 AM)goldenmustache Wrote:  yeah and evolution doesn't prove that.

Do everyone a favor and go kill yourself. It's win win you get to go meet Jesus and the world is a better place without your stupidity dragging the planet down. You are the reason America is falling behind the rest of the world.

Evolution does not even explain the eye. An organism doesn't just say hey I need an eye and grow it over night. the eye would take millions of years to form. Genetic mutations form and very very rarely does it do a beneficial one. It is not passed down to its children if its not beneficial until its a 100% an eye so it will not be passed down generations until it benefits the organism which it does not until it is a full eye. forget that you have to explain how a universe came into being by itself with precise physics and laws guiding it into place. It was not random chance.