getting paid the woo tax

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 10:50 PM by skyking.)
getting paid the woo tax
It does not happen often but I have a little story from this week.
I was heading for eastern Idaho to pick up a used 5th wheel trailer, and up in the cascades I saw a truck broken down on an exit in the middle of nowhere. They were towing a stock trailer and I thought about being stuck there with animals to care for, 20 degrees out and snowing and I turned around at the next exit and went back. The elderly couple had no tools and a big oil sheen around the truck. It had a cracked high pressure injector line. I diagnosed it, located one about 45 minutes down the road and took him there to get it. On the way he mentioned a little god and woo, I ignored that.
We get back and I get it running. he offers to pay and I say " OK, 50 bucks" I did not stop to make profit after all. He quickly comes back with "how about 150?" Sure, I say.
He writes me a check for 200, and says that's 150 from him and 50 from the lord.
I figure he mentioned some woo about 5 times, ten bucks a pop seems fair. Smile

Obligatory picture of truck and new used trailer:

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like skyking's post
03-12-2015, 11:04 PM
RE: getting paid the woo tax
About time they gave some of it back. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-12-2015, 11:05 PM
No good deed goes unpunished.

You weren't tempted to play the moral-atheist card and say it would not be noble to take money from his imaginary friend?

Smile

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
03-12-2015, 11:07 PM
(03-12-2015 10:47 PM)skyking Wrote:  It does not happen often but I have a little story from this week.
I was heading for eastern Idaho to pick up a used 5th wheel trailer, and up in the cascades I saw a truck broken down on an exit in the middle of nowhere. They were towing a stock trailer and I thought about being stuck there with animals to care for, 20 degrees out and snowing and I turned around at the next exit and went back. The elderly couple had no tools and a big oil sheen around the truck. It had a cracked high pressure injector line. I diagnosed it, located one about 45 minutes down the road and took him there to get it. On the way he mentioned a little god and woo, I ignored that.
We get back and I get it running. he offers to pay and I say " OK, 50 bucks" I did not stop to make profit after all. He quickly comes back with "how about 150?" Sure, I say.
He writes me a check for 200, and says that's 150 from him and 50 from the lord.

Very nice of you to take the time to help, many would not have done the same. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
03-12-2015, 11:08 PM
(03-12-2015 11:05 PM)DLJ Wrote:  No good deed goes unpunished.

You weren't tempted to play the moral-atheist card and say it would not be noble to take money from his imaginary friend?

Smile

A mate of mine while in a band before a show saw the violinist crash his instrument over the bass player's head. My mate, the drummer, ran to the band leader. He told of what he'd seen, The band leader answered, "Did you get the cheque?"

Always get the cheque. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-12-2015, 11:13 PM
(03-12-2015 11:05 PM)DLJ Wrote:  No good deed goes unpunished.

Smile
It was all I could do to zip it and get this encounter over with as quickly as possible. He kept talking and revealed he was a real nutter.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
03-12-2015, 11:16 PM
(03-12-2015 11:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 10:47 PM)skyking Wrote:  It does not happen often but I have a little story from this week.

Very nice of you to take the time to help, many would not have done the same. Thumbsup
That's how my atheist family raised me.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
04-12-2015, 01:37 AM
I see how it is. God wouldn't even match his subjects offering. What a cheapskate.
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
04-12-2015, 02:50 AM
Woo tax......

It got me to thinking ---- the next time the JW's or the Mormons show up on my doorstep asking to "tell me about god" -- I'm gonna ask --

"What's it worth to ya"????

I'll listen, if the price is right.......

Hey -- it's ONLY money, right??? They should be more interested in saving my soul than parting with a few bucks, right???????

Prophecy: I'll make my first buck with this plan, when hell freezes over..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-12-2015, 06:10 AM
go for it Biker!
" time is money boys "
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post