getting paid the woo tax

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: getting paid the woo tax
Have you cashed the "Lord's" 50 buck cheque? Don't be too happy just yet... it'll probably bounce. Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2015, 03:34 PM
(03-12-2015 11:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 11:05 PM)DLJ Wrote:  No good deed goes unpunished.

You weren't tempted to play the moral-atheist card and say it would not be noble to take money from his imaginary friend?

Smile

A mate of mine while in a band before a show saw the violinist crash his instrument over the bass player's head. My mate, the drummer, ran to the band leader. He told of what he'd seen, The band leader answered, "Did you get the cheque?"

Always get the cheque. Wink

And this is why we can't have violins on television.

I'm glad that god could come up with some extra bucks.

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count
[+] 1 user Likes quoin's post
05-12-2015, 07:59 PM
You should have gone all Creflo Dollar on his ass and tell him to reach down deep-ah! Make it hurt-ah! Show me how much faith you have! Do you have $1000 faith-ah? Trust the lord-ah and he will pay you back three-fold-ah! Laugh out load

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Octapulse's post
24-12-2015, 07:15 PM
Hey, just thought I'd let you know, the check did not bounce. Woo hoo woo tax paidSmile
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
24-12-2015, 07:23 PM
(03-12-2015 10:47 PM)skyking Wrote:  It does not happen often but I have a little story from this week.
I was heading for eastern Idaho to pick up a used 5th wheel trailer, and up in the cascades I saw a truck broken down on an exit in the middle of nowhere. They were towing a stock trailer and I thought about being stuck there with animals to care for, 20 degrees out and snowing and I turned around at the next exit and went back. The elderly couple had no tools and a big oil sheen around the truck. It had a cracked high pressure injector line. I diagnosed it, located one about 45 minutes down the road and took him there to get it. On the way he mentioned a little god and woo, I ignored that.
We get back and I get it running. he offers to pay and I say " OK, 50 bucks" I did not stop to make profit after all. He quickly comes back with "how about 150?" Sure, I say.
He writes me a check for 200, and says that's 150 from him and 50 from the lord.
I figure he mentioned some woo about 5 times, ten bucks a pop seems fair. Smile

Obligatory picture of truck and new used trailer:

Sweet!

At least he didn't ask you to donate it to the lord.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
24-12-2015, 08:38 PM
(03-12-2015 11:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 11:05 PM)DLJ Wrote:  No good deed goes unpunished.

You weren't tempted to play the moral-atheist card and say it would not be noble to take money from his imaginary friend?

Smile

A mate of mine while in a band before a show saw the violinist crash his instrument over the bass player's head. My mate, the drummer, ran to the band leader. He told of what he'd seen, The band leader answered, "Did you get the cheque?"

Always get the cheque. Wink
I Learned that lesson a long damn time ago. I worked for a portable toilet company and did the Special occasions as we called them Every weekend all summer long somewhere in Wisconsin or Minnesota there is some town having their festival Corn Cob Days in Le Suer Minn or Mosquito days in Horican Wisc. I believe it was Mosquito days where I delivered a dozen potties to be used over the week end with me staying to keep them serviced, cleaned and empties. As I was unloading a man from the Jaycees offered me a check. NO send that to the office. I cannot be responsible for it, the truck will be unlocked all week end long, just mail it in. So happens it rained all week end the Jaycees did not break even and my company never did get paid. After that when offered a check I thanked them and took it to the local post office and sent it to the office!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post