getting pregnant on purpose just to have abortions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: getting pregnant on purpose just to have abortions
If you definitely never, ever want children, then a vasectomy could be a good option.

However, there's no reason you can't use more than one contraceptive. A condom combined with her taking the pill should be more than sufficient to avoid pregnancy.

If I remember rightly, in the UK the emergency contraceptive "morning after pill" is available free, over the counter from the NHS.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Sam's post
31-07-2014, 08:02 PM
There are numerous options available for hormonal birth control. If your girlfriend can't remember to pop a pill at the same time each day, there are options like Nuva Ring (she leaves it in her vagina for 3 weeks... most men can't feel it during sex), the patch (Ortho Evra), the depo shot, Implanon (subdermal implant), an IUD, etc. If she doesn't have access to an Ob/Gyn,general practitioner, or nurse practitioner, she can go to the health department (if you're in the USA). A few words of caution - you may end up with an unplanned pregnancy while on birth control by taking antibiotics and not using back up contraception for an entire month. Also, if she smokes, just stick to condoms or other non hormonal forms of bc- the risk of forming clots in an extremity that can break off and cause a stroke or pulmonary embolism (potentially lethal clot in your lungs) is high.

If you are certain that you NEVER want kids, take birth control into your own hands. A vasectomy is a very simple procedure done in the office with mild sedation and very low risk. Look up urologists in your area. With insurance, obtaining a vasectomy can be less expensive than birth control. My copay for birth control was $50/mo. It will be $35 for my husband to have a vasectomy next week. Kids - several hundred thousand after diapers, food, toys, car, college....

First trimester abortions in my region are about $500. You need deep pockets to use that as a form of birth control. The "morning after pill" is available without a prescription in the US.

My son was unplanned (I didn't wait 30 days after an antibiotic)- not an easy situation to be in. The ideal is not putting yourself in a position where you even have to make a decision about having an abortion.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
31-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Also, "the morning after pill" does not abort a pregnancy, it just prevents it. Many women complain of nausea and vomiting as a side effect from it. You may already know this.. I'm just putting it out there in case anyone has been misinformed.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
31-07-2014, 08:10 PM
The more I think about this thread the angrier I get. This is the result of Americas war on sex, and the religious right's instance that abstinence is the only option, and therefore the only thing that should be taught as part of sex education in schools. This is all pretty basic info that anyone sexually active should already know. Instead look at where it leaves some people... "Let's just stick to anal only". Facepalm

No offense to the OP, truly it's not your fault you were deprived of this information in the first place, but I hope after reading through this thread you have a better understanding of basic contraception, and that you and your parter can actually have a sex life that you enjoy fully Thumbsup of course who am I to say if you both truly prefer anal, but using it only as a form of pregnancy prevention is silly.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 7 users Like Smercury44's post
31-07-2014, 08:24 PM
(31-07-2014 02:42 PM)Seikilos Wrote:  A few months ago, I was chatting with a friend-with-benefits, and told her that I'd prefer we stick to anal sex and abstain from vaginal sex because I'm absolutely opposed to ever having a child. A condom seems like small insurance against pregnancy when you're as adamantly childfree as I am. She said that was fine with her, but then nonchalantly added, "Abortion is still legal, you know."

I believe she would have an abortion if she got pregnant, but I still won't have vaginal sex with her because I hate the idea of putting the ball in someone else's court when I can avoid it. Still, the conversation got me thinking: wouldn't it be something if a man and woman DELIBERATELY conceived and had early first-trimester abortions, over and over again, and publicized the hell out of it? In response to the inevitable firestorm, they might shrug and say, "We assert that a fetus at this early stage has no more moral significance than a fish, and probably far less. We eat fish with no compunction, and get far less pleasure out of it than we do from having unprotected sex, so we see no reason to stop. We are always open to hearing evidence-based arguments that contradict our position, but we will not entertain faith-based arguments. Thank you."

Of course the opposition could argue that frequent abortions are hard on a woman's body, or that the government shouldn't have to subsidize such attention-whoring, etc. There might be some legitimacy in those arguments. Where the dialogue went from here almost wouldn't matter; the fact that it had been diverted away from the "sanctity of life" would be a victory in its own right.

The majority of human pregnancies are spontaneously terminated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscarriage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
31-07-2014, 11:18 PM
(31-07-2014 08:07 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Also, "the morning after pill" does not abort a pregnancy, it just prevents it. Many women complain of nausea and vomiting as a side effect from it. You may already know this.. I'm just putting it out there in case anyone has been misinformed.

Yep. Morning after pills are basically just a stronger version of a birth control pill.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
01-08-2014, 04:03 AM
Some of what you said pisses me off, and some of what you said I completely agree with. I'm conflicted.

But, what I'm not conflicted about is that you seem to completely understand that it is as much your responsibility as it is your partner's responsibility to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. Cheers to you!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 2 users Like Dee's post
01-08-2014, 05:49 AM
(01-08-2014 04:03 AM)Dee Wrote:  you seem to completely understand that it is as much your responsibility as it is your partner's responsibility to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. Cheers to you!

Yes!!!!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-08-2014, 06:31 AM
(31-07-2014 06:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  Hold it. Climb down off the ignorance train. Government funded? WTAF? Blink

Not in the U.S.A.

Yep, not since the 1970s--California.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
01-08-2014, 08:02 AM
Why are there so many idiotic thread titles here!?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]