ghost photography

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2013, 07:26 PM
ghost photography
Would anyone be interested in making ghost photos for fun? I know of a few techniques to make convincing photos that don't even require photoshop. All it takes is a digital camera that has a long-exposure or a long-shutter feature. If you're unsure what your camera is capable of they usually have camera manuals on-line and if you pm me a link I'd gladly look into it for you. To be brief long-exposure is when the camera's aperture is opened for an extended time usually between 2 to 5 seconds depending on your camera(mine is hacked and does well over 50) and during that time it captures any light source in front of it and is recorded in the resulting image. For example
[Image: greenline.jpg]
This can also be used to create "apparitions" if you have a subject standing in front of the camera for a few seconds then quickly move off frame before the camera is finished capturing. So, let me know if any of you are interested and maybe we can share other techniques and possibly have a competition..or we could just troll ghost websites :-D
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: ghost photography
If only i had a canon so i could use CHDK

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
29-09-2013, 08:18 PM
(29-09-2013 07:57 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  If only i had a canon so i could use CHDK

Yup I have that, its incredibleSmile But to be honest you don't need it for this.
29-09-2013, 08:21 PM
My lame kodak does not have long exposure times.

29-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Why dont they make a kodak hack development kit!

29-09-2013, 08:36 PM
(29-09-2013 08:21 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  My lame kodak does not have long exposure times.
thats to bad boss, There are other ways. Those ghost orbs are nothing but dust so maybe you can try doing something like that. Take a picture in the dark with flash and have dust or actually when I think of it charcoal briquettes dust would work great. It has these reflective specks of whatever in it. Also flies are fun, check this out.
[Image: flyghost.jpg]
Some folks call them rods..I don't think they believe in them anymore. Not sure
29-09-2013, 08:41 PM
I'll try that sometimes. First i have to buy bateries. Haven't used my camera in ages

29-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Heres a picture I took in a tunnel under an old school in a small Saskatchewan town.

[Image: 5ezghy3.jpg]
30-09-2013, 07:46 AM
(29-09-2013 10:05 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Heres a picture I took in a tunnel under an old school in a small Saskatchewan town.

Thats a cool shot, sure beats my stupid fly. What is it?
01-10-2013, 12:08 PM
(30-09-2013 07:46 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(29-09-2013 10:05 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Heres a picture I took in a tunnel under an old school in a small Saskatchewan town.

Thats a cool shot, sure beats my stupid fly. What is it?

Well I took the picture... and then cleverly added the ghost at the end of the tunnel using a little known program called Photoshop.