girl dying from cancer because of abortion ban laws

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2012, 12:35 PM
girl dying from cancer because of abortion ban laws
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/25/world/...index.html

I was literally shaking all over my body when I read it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2012, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2012 01:00 PM by KidCharlemagne1962.)
RE: girl dying from cancer because of abortion ban laws
Obviously it's God's plan. Her suffering doesn't matter. I hate these people.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
26-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Sad

Idiots.
26-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:Intrauterine growth retardation has been reported in mothers not treated with chemotherapy.

In addition, preterm labor, induced and spontaneous abortion as well as still birth are common in acute leukemia.

Although there is an estimated teratogenic risk rate of 10% when chemotherapy is administered in the first trimester, no fetal malformations and no late side effects have been reported in children born to mothers who were treated for acute leukemia during early pregnancy .

In other words, there is real possibility that the mother, and her child will both die, where they could at the very least, save one.

It's an abhorrent act... Going directly against the hippocratic oath.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
26-07-2012, 01:00 PM
How to get her to the U.S.A. or Canada? Even Cuba.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-07-2012, 01:00 PM
(26-07-2012 12:56 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  It's an abhorrent act... Going directly against the hippocratic oath.

Christianity prefers hypocritic over hippocratic.
[+] 4 users Like Red Celt's post
26-07-2012, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2012 01:20 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-07-2012 01:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  How to get her to the U.S.A. or Canada? Even Cuba.

No doubt that's what will happen here. Someone will get her out. Maybe a doc will step up. But it raises an interesting question. More and more, people will be flying to other locations for various care. Many Americans who are uninsured are flying to the Far East to have various procedures, such as total knees, and hips, and cardiac procedures, because even with the cost of travel included, it is FAR cheaper. Also the day is coming when some states may actually figure out a way to stop some things, such as abortion, various fertility treatments, and almost certainly, depending on their origins, some stem cell treatments, will not be available everywhere. People will have to fly to different locations, to get things done, providing they can afford to do it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

26-07-2012, 01:18 PM
In there lies hope.

The interviewees obviously see the immorality of the law as it stands and this case could be the catalyst of a change in the law.

The sad part, for me, was the mother (a teacher, gasp!) who stated so matter-of-fact-ly that she knew it was a sin... in there lies the lies of decades of catholic indoctrination.
What was encouraging was the word "but".

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
26-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Why do people go against God's plan? He is so great, we must all accept what is given to us. God this, God that...

Jesus!

P.S.

Jesus is now spinning in his grave like a Wankel rotary engine, 10000 rpm at least...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
05-08-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm no fan of abortion by any means, but I don't speak against it when it's obvious that it's either medically necessary or an unfortunate medical casualty, as in this case. If the cancer in this poor girl is so bad she needs treatment right away, then the odds that this pregnancy will be able to continue to a healthy full term are extremely low anyway. They're wasting time on what is inevitable, in other words. If action isn't taken to help her, then she's going to lose the baby AND her life, too. It's very upsetting that they don't even seem willing to consider that!