give me the best you have got.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2017, 07:06 AM
give me the best you have got.
Hello I am currently agnostic regarding the belief in the judeo christian God which sucks. i wish to be an atheist i used to be found it much better than agnostic. but sense I heard of the miracles which i mentioned earlier it made me agnostic. I know I am going to hell if he exist regardless of if I belief in him sense i think he is The most unpleasant character in all fiction Evil_monster Well I am not entirely convinced of the fiction part and It makes me really scared. this isnt a joke ether I am pretty fucking depressed right now although less than before i came here though. So id please like it if you can deconvert me back to atheism please. give me your bestSmile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2017, 07:14 AM
RE: give me the best you have got.
If you aren't concerned about Ahura Mazda why you should be concerned about Yahweh?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
31-01-2017, 07:19 AM
Miracles like those i mentioned earlier also many people claim to see jesus, marry angels ect. also near death experiencess demonic possesion . those make me think it might be real. you don't see people seeing thor or baal aleast that i know of.
31-01-2017, 07:31 AM
(31-01-2017 07:19 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Miracles like those i mentioned earlier also many people claim to see jesus, marry angels ect. also near death experiencess demonic possesion . those make me think it might be real. you don't see people seeing thor or baal aleast that i know of.

Claim is a key word here - people claims to see whatever miracles are appropriate in their cultural circles. Christian seeing Odin or better yet Svetovid and converting would at least carry some weight thanks to being not tied to one cultural influences.

Zoroaster founder of a Zoroastrianism was credited with many miracles. Given that religions still exist I imagine that miracles still occur, and this little article seems to agree with me even if it is hazy on details. So should you fear Ahura Mazda?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
31-01-2017, 07:57 AM
(31-01-2017 07:19 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Miracles like those i mentioned earlier also many people claim to see jesus, marry angels ect. also near death experiencess demonic possesion . those make me think it might be real. you don't see people seeing thor or baal aleast that i know of.

Move to Roswell NM. Abduction by an alien and you forget about Yahweh in seconds.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
31-01-2017, 08:48 AM
Many people also claim to be abducted by aliens about 4 million americans claim so although most of them are sleep paralizes although there are some exceptions i read one about an military veteran that passed allot of mental health tests that claim to see aliens in detail buzz aldrin also claims to have met aliens. if you could find any what is the best ufo claim if you have a good one it could make me take yahweh less seriosly.
31-01-2017, 09:01 AM
(31-01-2017 08:48 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Many people also claim to be abducted by aliens about 4 million americans claim so although most of them are sleep paralizes although there are some exceptions i read one about an military veteran that passed allot of mental health tests that claim to see aliens in detail buzz aldrin also claims to have met aliens. if you could find any what is the best ufo claim if you have a good one it could make me take yahweh less seriosly.

Look at history. When a civilization dies so do their gods.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
31-01-2017, 09:26 AM
I used to be convinced (I mean, dead-set fucking convinced and would tell any and everyone who would listen) that I had seen UFO's, had been abducted (kinda), and had seen ghosts. I was fucking convinced. I knew it was true. It couldn't be explained in any other way.

Then...I stopped and really started thinking about my own memories and the stories to try and better understand them. So I will tell you the 2 stories I KNEW were true and demonstrated the validity of my beliefs in UFOs (I'll skip the ghost one)...right up until I realized they didn't.

The first was when I was 10 or so, and I can only recall this because I can still picture my dad's late 90's bright green chevy pick-up truck I was riding in. My dad was picking me up from my mom's house and we drove past the middle school and up to a stoplight. I look up and see a tiny silver orb with a disc around it hovering in the cloudless sky. It was a UFO, but before I could say anything to my dad about it, I woke up three days later in my bed at my mom's house. (I'll explain why it is bs in a minute)

The second story was from a few years later and I was around 15, and now I can picture it because it was around the time I was learning to drive and my dad has a newer chevy pick-up truck that is charcoal grey with leather seats. We had just finished our yearly last-minute christmas shopping at the mall about 90 minutes away from home. My dad decided to take a detour on the way home late at night to drop off some christmas cards (cards he had not mailed in time to make it by christmas) in a couple of mailboxes. We are driving down this backroad and I see a funny set of lights just hovering on the right-hand side of the road. When we get to the location of the lights, an airliner jet is hovering over someone's house and is illuminated from the bottom! It's just sitting there. I turned around in my seat and watched it until it disappeared over the horizon as my dad kept driving, completely oblivious to it. I asked him if we were near an airport and he said "no" and then I asked if he saw the plane and he said "no." I was baffled! How the fuck did he not see it?!!!

I told these stories for years because I believed they were true. I knew it in fact. How else could one explain them?

Well, I started to realize I was an atheist around 21-22 years old and started to think more about how memories work and how people can trick themselves voluntarily and involuntarily. And another couple of memories popped into my mind, the first is a memory from around the same age as the first story when my mom was going through a nasty divorce with my former step-dad. I always had trouble sleeping as a kid and one night I woke up in a panic because I had a vision that my step-dad was coming to murder me. I had that "vision" because I had an exceptionally high fever from a viral infection, so I had hallucinated it. But in that moment, there was nothing my mom could say or do to convince me it wasn't true. The next morning when the fever had subsided, I realized it was all a dream/hallucination.

The other story that popped into my mind was when I was a junior in high school. I had a dream in the night that my mother had died. My mom worked third shift, so I was home alone most nights. That meant that when I woke up to get ready for school, I was alone in the house, reinforcing the reality from my dream that my mom was dead. I was pretty depressed but the dream had made it feel like she had passed away months ago and not that it was a super recent thing. So, imagine my surprise when she pulls in the driveway before I head off for school! I realized it really was just a dream, but it seemed so real.

Now, how do I explain those first two stories? Well, conveniently they are both tied periods when I must have clearly been sleepy or asleep. The first is best explained as a dream that I woke up from (not three days later though). This made more sense considering no one else saw the orb, I was with a witness, and also the other details about the stoplight and middle school I can remember. It wasn't quite right. The second UFO story was something my dad couldn't have missed, making it far more likely that I had started to fall asleep or had partially fallen asleep. That isn't the only thing I have hallucinated something while half asleep, it would happen to me in college one day when I took a nap. I laid down in my dorm room and started to drift off, only to be woken up but immobile due to sleep paralysis (it was fucking freaky), and in the corner of my room I saw a ball of gnats and they were flying towards me! They flew right into my face and....nothing happened because they weren't real.

So, when people prop up "miracles" as evidence that their beliefs are real, they don't know that. They assume that. They are evidence of their beliefs. They are evidence that they believe that they are real, but they may have tricked themselves. It might have been a hallucination or a fever or from sleep deprivation or etc etc. Our brains aren't perfect.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 10 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
31-01-2017, 09:44 AM
What about some of the virgin marry's sun miracles on some of them over 100000 people saw it.
31-01-2017, 09:48 AM
(31-01-2017 09:44 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  What about some of the virgin marry's sun miracles on some of them over 100000 people saw it.

Mass hysteria is a real phenomenon.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post