give me the best you have got.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2017, 09:50 AM
RE: give me the best you have got.
(31-01-2017 09:44 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  What about some of the virgin marry's sun miracles on some of them over 100000 people saw it.

Already done - http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...un-miracle

You seem to want this alleged miracles to be true. Otherwise why return to this subject? You won't get other answer.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
31-01-2017, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2017 10:00 AM by sneroul the thinker.)
Nope quite the contrary my friend. why would i want Such a s terrible hypothesis of eternal torture to be true. it just makes me nervous and I can't get it out of my mind.
31-01-2017, 09:56 AM
(31-01-2017 08:48 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  buzz aldrin also claims to have met aliens

No... he saw a UFO... an UNIDENTIFIED object and a simple google search would have found the info.

http://www.iflscience.com/space/buzz-ald...unter-ufo/

Quote:“On Apollo 11 in route to the Moon, I observed a light out the window that appeared to be moving alongside us. There were many explanations of what that could be, other than another spacecraft from another country or another world - it was either the rocket we had separated from, or the 4 panels that moved away when we extracted the lander from the rocket and we were nose to nose with the two spacecraft. So in the close vicinity, moving away, were 4 panels. And I feel absolutely convinced that we were looking at the sun reflected off of one of these panels. Which one? I don't know. So technically, the definition could be “unidentified.”"

(31-01-2017 09:44 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  What about some of the virgin marry's sun miracles on some of them over 100000 people saw it.

Seriously? You need to change your name to "sneroul the gullible' because I see no evidence that you put a moment's thought, or any effort at investigation, into any of these questions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun

Instead of "over 100000 saw it" it'd be more accurate to say that "a few people in a group of fervent believers staring at the sky for an extended time convince themselves that they saw something and others jumped on the bandwagon and the reports got grossly exaggerated". It's nonsense.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
31-01-2017, 09:57 AM
(31-01-2017 09:55 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Nope quite the contrary my friend.

Sure.Drinking Beverage

Also I'm not your friend.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
31-01-2017, 10:04 AM
(31-01-2017 09:55 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Nope quite the contrary my friend. why would i want Such a s terrible hypothesis of eternal torture to be true. it just makes me nervous and I can't get it out of my mind.

But you're giving the default position of being true or at the very least possible. But none of the miracles actually meet that burden of proof. People believing that they are real, only says something about their belief and not the objective reality in which they live.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
31-01-2017, 10:09 AM
(31-01-2017 07:06 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Hello I am currently agnostic regarding the belief in the judeo christian God which sucks. i wish to be an atheist i used to be found it much better than agnostic.

From the way I read this, you seem to be making a common error: equating agnosticism with weak atheism.

Agnostic - the root of the word is "gnosis" which is Greek for "knowing - refers to whether one knows of something. Agnostic simply means "not knowing."

Atheism is simply "lack of theism".

They are not different degrees of the same thing. They are responding to different questions.

Perhaps this chart might help:

[Image: agnostic-truth-fb.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
31-01-2017, 10:44 AM
(31-01-2017 09:44 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  What about some of the Virgin Mary's sun miracles on some of them over 100000 people saw it.

You do know it was cloudy and raining that day, (at Fatima), and it's a common occurrance Weeping
Tongue
http://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-scientif...of-the-Sun
As far as hell goes, it would be instructive and enlightening for you to read Dr. Elaine Pagels' (Professor at Princeton) book (or watch her YouTubes) "The Origins of Satan'' to see where and when HUMANS cooked up this scary shit to do exactly what it's doing to you .... FREIGHTEN you into submission. The ancient Jews who wrote the Bible did not believe in "hell". So also it would be instructive for you to learn about what they actually *did* think about what happened to the dead. (No one went to "hell".)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
31-01-2017, 10:45 AM
(31-01-2017 09:55 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Nope quite the contrary my friend. why would i want Such a s terrible hypothesis of eternal torture to be true. it just makes me nervous and I can't get it out of my mind.

Be skeptical - you are currently not being so.

Investigate these supposed miracles to get at the far more likely explanations.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-01-2017, 10:49 AM
(31-01-2017 07:19 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Miracles like those i mentioned earlier also many people claim to see jesus, marry angels ect. also near death experiencess demonic possesion . those make me think it might be real. you don't see people seeing thor or baal aleast that i know of.

"Many people" are fucking delusional, too.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
31-01-2017, 11:56 AM
Also, I gave you the "best" I have when it comes to the nature of subjective experiences. What do you think? Convincing? Yes? No? Why or why not?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick