god even hates babies!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 05:40 AM
god even hates babies!
The first part of the video came from over here and the second part consists of my comments about it. I apologize for some harsh language I use but I believe it's applicable.

"that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" Christopher Hitchens
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2013, 10:57 AM
RE: god even hates babies!
Huh. God hates babies, but God made precious tender babies and came to Earth as a baby. God hates sexual expression, but God made sex. God hates people, but made them and died for them on a cruel cross.

You can have your opinions, but they're incomplete, not fully formed opinions. Take in the whole Bible and all of Christianity before you nitpick and cherry pick, please.
17-04-2013, 11:36 AM
(17-04-2013 10:57 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Huh. God hates babies, but God made precious tender babies and came to Earth as a baby. God hates sexual expression, but God made sex. God hates people, but made them and died for them on a cruel cross.

You can have your opinions, but they're incomplete, not fully formed opinions. Take in the whole Bible and all of Christianity before you nitpick and cherry pick, please.

For someone talking about nitpicking and incomplete opinions, for you to bring up the cross without knowing that there is barely a shred of any account of such a thing in the gospels, and then talk about reading the whole bible, is absurd. Try again.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Matthew Laramore's post
17-04-2013, 11:54 AM
(17-04-2013 10:57 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Huh. God hates babies, but God made precious tender babies and came to Earth as a baby. God hates sexual expression, but God made sex. God hates people, but made them and died for them on a cruel cross.

I thought it was God's only son who died on the cross. There we go with those tricky Christian semantics again. And, of course, god knew he'd come back to life and ascend to heaven. There are people today who suffer longer and more horribly than Jesus thanks to disease, famine, human cruelty, etc. I'm surprised this fact gets ignored as it's necessary if you're going to fully-form an opinion about the significance of Jesus' supposed sacrifice.

God created SIDS, birth defects, and genetic diseases. God created a flawed birth process that can result in the death of the child, the mother, or both. God created a cord that can strangle the baby without a doctor's assistance. I wonder how many times that happened before medical knowledge caught up. Let's add these facts to our fully-formed opinions.

I'd rather not take in the whole bible and I find most other theists I know share that sentiment, but if I did, I'd say that flooding the whole planet shows that god was at least annoyed by humans. The poor pre-Jesus people just couldn't catch a break.

...it would rather be a man... [who] plunges into scientific questions with which he has no real acquaintance, only to obscure them with aimless rhetoric, and distract the attention of his hearers from the real point at issue by eloquent digressions and skilled appeals to religious prejudice.
17-04-2013, 11:56 AM
I don't blame him, I hate babies too.

The only good baby is one covered in steak sauce.

[Image: giphy.gif]
17-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Just goes to show how stupid god really is. Who could hate babies?? I mean they're just so juicy and tender.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
17-04-2013, 12:02 PM
(17-04-2013 11:56 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I don't blame him, I hate babies too.

The only good baby is one covered in steak sauce.

Philistine. Any true connoisseur knows baby is best served rare with horseradish, like prime rib.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
17-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Umm you are both wrong. Baby back ribs are covered in BBQ sauce. No other way.
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
17-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Now, now, boys. Those are all good ways to devour baby. Chacun à son goût.

Roasted on a spit over aged apple wood, basted with my secret vinegar sauce, is my favorite.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Quote:I thought it was God's only son who died on the cross. There we go with those tricky Christian semantics again. And, of course, god knew he'd come back to life and ascend to heaven. There are people today who suffer longer and more horribly than Jesus thanks to disease, famine, human cruelty, etc. I'm surprised this fact gets ignored as it's necessary if you're going to fully-form an opinion about the significance of Jesus' supposed sacrifice.

God created SIDS, birth defects, and genetic diseases. God created a flawed birth process that can result in the death of the child, the mother, or both. God created a cord that can strangle the baby without a doctor's assistance. I wonder how many times that happened before medical knowledge caught up. Let's add these facts to our fully-formed opinions.

I'd rather not take in the whole bible and I find most other theists I know share that sentiment, but if I did, I'd say that flooding the whole planet shows that god was at least annoyed by humans. The poor pre-Jesus people just couldn't catch a break.
Again, picking and choosing. Where's the thread(s) blaming Adam and Eve for any of the above. There was no death or disease in the original creation. It's like Atheists read the first verse of the Bible about God creating and drop the rest of the scriptures. So incredibly one-sided and unbalanced.

In other words, it's not like the Bible IGNORES the human condition or ignores your philosophical questions. It addresses free will, the Fall, the Law, conscience, redemption, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Abortion is illegal.. so let's kill all teh babies! IndianAtheist 10 238 24-04-2014 06:35 AM
Last Post: Bible Belt Brawler
  God Hates You (Hate Him Back) Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 4 215 19-12-2013 04:27 PM
Last Post: Sam
Photo Women shouldn't follow a god that hates her sporehux 17 374 21-10-2013 09:23 AM
Last Post: onedream
  Christian family hates gays so much they flee America Raptor Jesus 16 739 15-08-2013 10:15 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  thank god for... rape babies?? earmuffs 5 374 05-11-2012 10:38 AM
Last Post: PeiPei22
  The so-called original sin (and god creating things it hates) elemts 5 511 02-08-2012 07:53 AM
Last Post: KidCharlemagne1962
  God actually hates us. Kinger 16 854 23-03-2012 07:35 AM
Last Post: houseofcantor