god even hates babies!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 01:56 PM
RE: god even hates babies!
(17-04-2013 01:35 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Again, picking and choosing. Where's the thread(s) blaming Adam and Eve for any of the above. There was no death or disease in the original creation. It's like Atheists read the first verse of the Bible about God creating and drop the rest of the scriptures. So incredibly one-sided and unbalanced.

I actually leave the tale of Adam and Eve out because I consider it low-hanging fruit (pun intended). It's one of the most ludicrous explanations for suffering I've ever read. But here's my take. I blame god for Adam and Eve. I blame him for putting them in the garden, with the talking serpent he created, knowing that their actions would cause suffering for the yet-unborn. To me, that's like placing a child on the edge of a freeway and then blaming the child (and all his friends) for the inevitable 100 car pileup he causes.

You call me incredibly one-sided and unbalanced. Bullshit. I've read the arguments for and against god. I've read your posts, too. I also read human history, grind my way through science articles, and read the news. It's not my fault the scales aren't tipping in your god's favor.

Unbalanced seems to equal 'disagrees with PJ's dogma.'

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2013, 02:02 PM
(17-04-2013 12:00 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Just goes to show how stupid god really is. Who could hate babies?? I mean they're just so juicy and tender.

They're good on a winters night when they've been slow cooking all day too.
The meat just falls off the bone, perfect for a cold winters night.

Mmmm, baby... Drooling

I wonder if I took in my own baby the Chinese food place I go to get honey chicken from would cook it and coat it in honey and put it on some noodles? Consider
No harm in asking right?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
17-04-2013, 02:08 PM
(17-04-2013 02:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 12:00 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Just goes to show how stupid god really is. Who could hate babies?? I mean they're just so juicy and tender.

Mmmm, baby... Drooling

Here's my all purpose dry rub for babies and other critters.

3 Parts Brown Sugar (light or dark doesn't matter)
1 part sea salt (can substitute kosher if you prefer)
1 part fresh ground Black pepper (coarse ground is best)
1 part chilli powder

Mix well and apply liberally making sure to get an even coat over the entire baby. Slow cook in oven (200 degrees F for at least 5 hours) covered. Baste in it's own juices about once an hour or so. Add favorite sauce if desired and serve.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
17-04-2013, 02:12 PM
(17-04-2013 10:57 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Huh. God hates babies, but God made precious tender babies and came to Earth as a baby. God hates sexual expression, but God made sex. God hates people, but made them and died for them on a cruel cross.

You can have your opinions, but they're incomplete, not fully formed opinions. Take in the whole Bible and all of Christianity before you nitpick and cherry pick, please.

Ah yes, the infamous cult strawman - you gotta take the whole bible IN CONTEXT right? Actually I DID. Or I should say Seth did and I merely added my 2 cents. But regarding me - I bet I've studied the bible as much as or even more than you. I DO know that I've done so compared to about 90 percent of your fellow cultists. At least that's from the hundreds of debates I've had with them. And please don't hit me with presuppositional garbage, ie: my opinions are incomplete or not fully formed. A translation might be my opinions strike at the matter which you simply cannot accept. But then I'd be accused of presuppositionalism so I'll refrain from saying this. LOL

"that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" Christopher Hitchens
17-04-2013, 02:18 PM
(17-04-2013 10:57 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Huh. God hates babies, but God made precious tender babies
You're misquoting the sacred word of god - yes, he did some hanky panky with Mary and they had a baby god which the big god really loves. In fact he loved the baby god so much that he let him be tortured to death on a cross and, in fact, led to such despair on the part of the baby god that he was overheard saying something about his daddy god forsaking him. But maybe I'm not formulating my opinion well enough for you, right? LOL

And even if the daddy god loves the baby god, he sure as hell didn't love regular babies since he ordered the nation of Israel to slaughter them on a wholesale level. And before you come back with any tripe about the new testament overriding the old one, I seem to recall in the gospels of an account where daddy god allowed hundreds of babies to be slaughtered by Herod's thugs while baby god skeedattled out of Dodge city. ROFL

Yeah pal, in case you didn't guess it yet - I've studied 'to show myself approved' for over 25 years. So don't insult my intelligence again or next time I won't go so easy on you.

"that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" Christopher Hitchens
17-04-2013, 02:23 PM
(17-04-2013 11:36 AM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  For someone talking about nitpicking and incomplete opinions, for you to bring up the cross without knowing that there is barely a shred of any account of such a thing in the gospels, and then talk about reading the whole bible, is absurd. Try again.
Hey Matthew - you probably already know this if you've had experience trying to debate them - his comment has been said to me so many times from others that I don't even bother acknowledging them once we've had a few love chats. They can't respond with anything else since they have nothing else.

17-04-2013, 02:24 PM
(17-04-2013 02:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 02:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  They're good on a winters night when they've been slow cooking all day too.

Mmmm, baby... Drooling

Here's my all purpose dry rub for babies and other critters.

3 Parts Brown Sugar (light or dark doesn't matter)
1 part sea salt (can substitute kosher if you prefer)
1 part fresh ground Black pepper (coarse ground is best)
1 part chilli powder

Mix well and apply liberally making sure to get an even coat over the entire baby. Slow cook in oven (200 degrees F for at least 5 hours) covered. Baste in it's own juices about once an hour or so. Add favorite sauce if desired and serve.

Brown sugar.. that's what I forgot.. (long story)

Sounds like dinner is at your place them? Sounds delicious. Dibs on a leg.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
17-04-2013, 02:25 PM
(17-04-2013 02:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Mmmm, baby... Drooling

I wonder if I took in my own baby the Chinese food place I go to get honey chicken from would cook it and coat it in honey and put it on some noodles? Consider
No harm in asking right?

ROFL - and, if I can catch my breath now - Earmuffs, since you obvious know so much about babies can you answer me this? Why does Stewie have a freaking British accent? LOL And don't come back with something trite like 'Lois did some nasties with a Brit' because everyone knows the British are stone cold and don't do those sorts of things. LOL

17-04-2013, 02:29 PM
(17-04-2013 01:35 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  It addresses free will, the Fall, the Law, conscience, redemption, etc.

We'll begin our bible lesson with the first one - free will. Is that like, how can I put it? Okay, I know. I have free will to accept the myths and legends of the bible after studying critical scholarship of same and realizing I simply cannot accept such nonsense. So I reject it and am given a one way ticket to Hot city.
And that's free will right? ROFL
I'm sure you'll have a typical apologetic tap dance to counter with.

17-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Rack of baby... I like to get some grill marks on em, then roast em with an unripened goat cheese and rosemary spread.