• 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: god even hates babies!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2013, 04:16 PM
(17-04-2013 10:57 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Huh. God hates babies, but God made precious tender babies and came to Earth as a baby. God hates sexual expression, but God made sex. God hates people, but made them and died for them on a cruel cross.

You can have your opinions, but they're incomplete, not fully formed opinions. Take in the whole Bible and all of Christianity before you nitpick and cherry pick, please.

Where the hell is the sacrifice? If Jesus was son of god, moreover IS/WAS god, and god knows everything, then he knew he was going to heaven after the crucifixion anyway!

"hey we want to cut off your left hand in order to save a bunch of people"
WHAT
"oh but as soon as we've cautorized the stump we'll move you into a million dollar mansion where your food, clothing, & booz are paid for, for life"
Consider Will there be hookers?
"no, that's someone else's mansion, but there'll be plenty of sex toys"
well fuck yeah, who needs a left hand!!!

Wouldn't it have been a sacrifice if Jesus had burned & been assraped for eternity in hell so that none of us would ever have to?
Wasn't willing to sacrifice THAT much huh, Jeebus? Asshole!

18-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Likely the only sensible comments so far here were mine and the note about the cross.

The cross was a horrible, terrible thing that other Jews suffered as we know. Though it brought salvation, it was horrific and is described briefly in the scriptures. So what?

One is actually saved by trusting God (and no, I'm not going to post 60 HB verses demonstrating so). We have hundreds of verses about Christ not counting thousands of prophecy verses. Christians aren't grateful to the cross, they're grateful to Jesus. So what?

This is just like your fallacy about money-grubbing in churches. God loves a cheerful giver, so I'm sorry some of you were in false churches who pushed you to give. I ENJOY giving to my pastors, church staff, needs, the poor, people overseas, etc. I LOVE giving to help other people. But of course, y'all have to count my money for me and put your doctrine in my pockets.

Don't you know when y'all talk about money ten times more than Christians do in church you're the ones with the monetary issues, the covetousness, and the greed?

Don't you understand GOOD churches and charities can handle the money 50 times more effectively than "giving" to the poor through government taxation--the more so outside of America and Europe in Muslim lands and etc?
18-04-2013, 03:31 PM
(18-04-2013 07:59 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Likely the only sensible comments so far here were mine and the note about the cross.

The cross was a horrible, terrible thing that other Jews suffered as we know. Though it brought salvation, it was horrific and is described briefly in the scriptures. So what?

One is actually saved by trusting God (and no, I'm not going to post 60 HB verses demonstrating so). We have hundreds of verses about Christ not counting thousands of prophecy verses. Christians aren't grateful to the cross, they're grateful to Jesus. So what?

This is just like your fallacy about money-grubbing in churches. God loves a cheerful giver, so I'm sorry some of you were in false churches who pushed you to give. I ENJOY giving to my pastors, church staff, needs, the poor, people overseas, etc. I LOVE giving to help other people. But of course, y'all have to count my money for me and put your doctrine in my pockets.

Don't you know when y'all talk about money ten times more than Christians do in church you're the ones with the monetary issues, the covetousness, and the greed?

Don't you understand GOOD churches and charities can handle the money 50 times more effectively than "giving" to the poor through government taxation--the more so outside of America and Europe in Muslim lands and etc?

Fallacy about money grubbing churches? I guess the thousands of us who have seen this for our own eyes don't mean anything since you, obviously, go to the ONLY church where it's so nice. And if you enjoy giving money to a pastor who is nothing more than a parasitic leech then maybe we'll begin praying for you. And where in the bible is a pastor's job as a full time mentioned? I seem to remember ONLY one verse that mentioned the word itself and that had to do with leaders of the EARLY church and not a church that is over 2,000 years old.

"that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" Christopher Hitchens
18-04-2013, 04:23 PM
We all know churches are practically destitute. They own no property or buildings. The building themselves are nothing more than hovels with no adornment. The clergy aren't paid and bank accounts are tiny. Add on to the fact that churches have such a high rate of taxation its a wonder they survive at all.
18-04-2013, 04:33 PM
(18-04-2013 04:23 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  We all know churches are practically destitute. They own no property or buildings. The building themselves are nothing more than hovels with no adornment. The clergy aren't paid and bank accounts are tiny. Add on to the fact that churches have such a high rate of taxation its a wonder they survive at all.

Hmmmm, there may be some exceptions to that. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-04-2013, 04:49 AM
(18-04-2013 04:23 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  We all know churches are practically destitute. They own no property or buildings. The building themselves are nothing more than hovels with no adornment. The clergy aren't paid and bank accounts are tiny. Add on to the fact that churches have such a high rate of taxation its a wonder they survive at all.

I hope you're being facetious but if not, ever hear of the Catholic Church? LOL

"that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" Christopher Hitchens