god is chemical in your brain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2013, 05:28 PM
RE: god is chemical in your brain
(23-09-2013 06:59 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 08:36 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So.. you're objecting to Gwyneth being a lady? Consider
What are you gay or something?

You're dumb. Don't talk to me no morez. Tongue

Sad

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Rainbow RE: god is chemical in your brain
(21-09-2013 12:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The gods are not chemicals in your brain. The molecular/cellular level processes in your brain cooked up whatever your version of that concept is, stores it, references it, and affirms it to yourself.
The gods actually don't exist anywhere.
Welcome, BTW.
Tongue
Hormonal higher ethical and cosmic chemicals for the good and for the bad, could just existentially exist in our brains.I cannot prove that they don't. They could be stuff for "our" advancements to higher levels of Universal learning in ways rather remoteBowing...

7DEC--
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
24-09-2013, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2013 08:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-09-2013 06:35 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Hormonal higher ethical and cosmic chemicals for the good and for the bad, could just existentially exist in our brains.I cannot prove that they don't. They could be stuff for "our" advancements to higher levels of Universal learning in ways rather remoteBowing...

We've already found the God hormone. Now we just gonna manipulate the shit outta the bitch. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
25-09-2013, 10:28 PM
So... explain to me the fundemental difference between you and an over-zealous Christian that annoyingly shoves Christianity into everyone's face?

I'm curious.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
25-09-2013, 10:54 PM
(25-09-2013 10:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So... explain to me the fundemental difference between you and an over-zealous Christian that annoyingly shoves Christianity into everyone's face?

I'm curious.

He's arguing for something that's true .
[+] 4 users Like onedream's post
25-09-2013, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2013 11:34 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-09-2013 12:27 AM)giaciyb Wrote:  Good evening ladies, and gentlemen, brothers, sisters, comrades, friends, i'm an antitheist, which means i have a missionary duty to spread the word of atheism actively. Religions just keep bothering me with their ridiculous bullshit, so i thought rationalism could use some support. By opening this facebookpage with funny, sometimes thoughtful, pictures gathered from to web to ridiculize the ridicule, i do my humble share.

Both conversion and de-conversion are complex processes. "Assaullting" people with your opinions is only going to drive them away, and make sure they will avoid you. People change their views by quiet conversations, where they are not threatened, not by shouting and drama. The wisest thing I ever heard here was by Kim who said something like "If you pull the rug out from under someone they may fall. If you lead them to the edge, they can step off". TTA taught me that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12rP8ybp13s

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-09-2013, 11:26 PM
(25-09-2013 10:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Assaullting" people with with your opinions is only going to drive them away, and make sure they will avoid you. People change their views by quiet conversations, where they are not threatened, not by shouting and drama.

What have you done with Bucky!

We want him back, you bastard!

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
25-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Unless you're an internet theist troll. Tongue
Then I get to bother you incessantly.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
26-09-2013, 02:50 AM
(25-09-2013 10:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So... explain to me the fundemental difference between you and an over-zealous Christian that annoyingly shoves Christianity into everyone's face?

I'm curious.

For one, it's called "restoring the balance."

For another, it's facebook. Ya hafta go looking for it, ya hata go and "like" it. Unlike your example. Which comes and finds you, like it or not. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-09-2013, 06:00 AM
(25-09-2013 11:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Unless you're an internet theist troll. Tongue
Then I get to bother you incessantly.

You have a future in politics or law, BuckyDude. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user