god just got up one morn .....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2016, 08:27 AM
god just got up one morn .....
Some xtians think that the Universe is 6,000 years old.

The rest of the thinking world think that the Universe is about 13.8 billion years ago.

It doesn't matter how old the Universe is, for the purpose of this exercise) because what came next is just as ludicrous, regardless of how old it is.

So god got up one morning 13.8 billion or 6,000 years ago and just created a universe?

Really?

Why on that particular day 6,000/13.8 billion years ago?

Discuss:

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
25-03-2016, 12:49 PM
RE: god just got up one morn .....
Christians hate having to answer that question, if I ever debate one about Big Bang theory they always end up stating that something can't come from nothing and then I say "Ok so let's assume God created everything, why?" and they can't answer the question because the Bible only hints that he did so for "his glory" or simply because he wanted to be worshiped which only makes him sound like a little 12 year old rich boy who pays other kids to hang out with him. Sure maybe he's cool enough to just make friends but why bother when you can force them to hang out because they need the money?

God doesn't do a whole lot in the early parts of the Bible to merit worship, he's really a big bully and why not do what he says? If it will get you into Heaven or at least not have your soul annihilated, it's your only chance so just take the deal and try to be happy about it.

It's honestly so disturbing to imagine this being that can read all our minds and watch us at all times, controlling our afterlife and maybe stroking a cat on his lap, smoking a cigar with some beautiful angel giving him a neck massage. I guess if you want to be powerful, that's one thing but why does it matter if you can't get a bunch of sentient life forms to literally worship you and try to follow your ignorant immoral laws? If that's not the reason God created everything the only other options are: He was just bored or he just wanted to see if he could, neither of those sound so great either.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
25-03-2016, 01:03 PM
(25-03-2016 12:49 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Christians hate having to answer that question, if I ever debate one about Big Bang theory they always end up stating that something can't come from nothing and then I say "Ok so let's assume God created everything, why?" and they can't answer the question because the Bible only hints that he did so for "his glory" or simply because he wanted to be worshiped which only makes him sound like a little 12 year old rich boy who pays other kids to hang out with him. Sure maybe he's cool enough to just make friends but why bother when you can force them to hang out because they need the money?

God doesn't do a whole lot in the early parts of the Bible to merit worship, he's really a big bully and why not do what he says? If it will get you into Heaven or at least not have your soul annihilated, it's your only chance so just take the deal and try to be happy about it.

It's honestly so disturbing to imagine this being that can read all our minds and watch us at all times, controlling our afterlife and maybe stroking a cat on his lap, smoking a cigar with some beautiful angel giving him a neck massage. I guess if you want to be powerful, that's one thing but why does it matter if you can't get a bunch of sentient life forms to literally worship you and try to follow your ignorant immoral laws? If that's not the reason God created everything the only other options are: He was just bored or he just wanted to see if he could, neither of those sound so great either.

That's the trouble with Bronze Age myths. Logical they ain't.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 4 users Like god has no twitter account's post
26-03-2016, 06:50 AM
(25-03-2016 08:27 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Some xtians think that the Universe is 6,000 years old.

The rest of the thinking world think that the Universe is about 13.8 billion years ago.

It doesn't matter how old the Universe is, for the purpose of this exercise) because what came next is just as ludicrous, regardless of how old it is.

So god got up one morning 13.8 billion or 6,000 years ago and just created a universe?

Really?

Why on that particular day 6,000/13.8 billion years ago?

Discuss:

Yep. God got up one morning, sat on the can, and BOOM!, the universe. Hobo

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
24-04-2016, 10:58 PM
No, God didn't just woke up one morning and decided to create Universe(whatever it is according to you)
God was learning first how to do this. All this time before He created Universe(whatever it is according to you) God was busy doing other things.
It takes long, long time to become God of the Universe(whatever it is according to you)

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
24-04-2016, 11:37 PM
(24-04-2016 10:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, God didn't just woke up one morning and decided to create Universe(whatever it is according to you)
God was learning first how to do this. All this time before He created Universe(whatever it is according to you) God was busy doing other things.
It takes long, long time to become God of the Universe(whatever it is according to you)

How do we know this universe is the final one and not a failed experiment then? And God needs to learn stuff? Not very all-knowing, is he?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
24-04-2016, 11:56 PM
morondog Wrote:How do we know this universe is the final one
Final one? who says this universe is the final one?
there is no the first universe and there is no the last universe.
morondog Wrote:And God needs to learn stuff? Not very all-knowing, is he?
No, Gods do not need to learn stuff but before they become all-knowing Gods they have to learn many things.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
25-04-2016, 03:03 AM
Oh my god Alla, you should be strapped to a bed in a crazy asylum.

There, I said what everyone wish they dared to say.
[+] 4 users Like Typho2k's post
26-04-2016, 08:08 PM
There are different theologies and different ways of looking at and framing the question depending on what kind of Christian you are.

Some say that God, being timeless, was in a sort of stasis before the universe. They will argue that with the creation of the universe God created time. Others will equate the universe with part of gods being.
10-06-2016, 12:05 AM
Quote:So god got up one morning 13.8 billion or 6,000 years ago and just created a universe?

No. Because before the big bang, time (or space-time, as Einstein described it) didn't exist... so, what you perceive as trillions of years could have passed the second before the big bang... or, whatever existed before the big bang could have just popped into existence and existed for trillions of years in what we perceive as one second before the big bang...

See, you are assuming that TIME is this everlasting thing that always existed. Time is just one element of our universe! And according to most physicists, didn't even exist in the first few plank times of our universe. So, in reality, the first 2 or 3 plank times of our universe could have been what we perceive as million or billions or even trillions of years.

You can't just throw around words without understanding perspective.