god's long term plan for humanity...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2013, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2013 11:50 AM by Zat.)
god's long term plan for humanity...
I figured out the answer to my own question.

After god made up with the devil, between the two of them they decided to lead human beings back to the garden of naked innocence and ignorance, so they could be entertained by the bipeds who could have been gods in their own right but traded the option in for mindless hedonism and equally mindless computer games, reality shows, social media and distrust of anyone with an IQ over 79. But, before they could accomplish this full circle program, they had to launch a massive "dumb them down" campaign, so the herd would not notice what was happening. Now that the program is almost finished, all they have to do is put rings in our nostrils and lead us back to the garden. You have to hand it to them: once they make up their minds about something, they are quite good at making it happen.

The Flood of ancient times turned out to be a bore -- the "Waterless Flood" (as prophesied by Margaret Atwood) promises to be a lot more fun.

***REQUEST***

I was hoping this thread could be for fun only, not for scholarly debate on religion.
Please, post only ideas you consider humorous or ironic.
There are so few topics that lend themselves -- use the opportunity! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Zat's post
27-03-2013, 05:37 PM
RE: god's long term plan for humanity...
(27-03-2013 04:30 PM)Zat Wrote:  I figured out the answer to my own question.

After god made up with the devil, between the two of them they decided to lead human beings back to the garden of naked innocence and ignorance, so they could be entertained by the bipeds who could have been gods in their own right but traded the option in for mindless hedonism and equally mindless computer games, reality shows, social media and distrust of anyone with an IQ over 79. But, before they could accomplish this full circle program, they had to launch a massive "dumb them down" campaign, so the herd would not notice what was happening. Now that the program is almost finished, all they have to do is put rings in our nostrils and lead us back to the garden. You have to hand it to them: once they make up their minds about something, they are quite good at making it happen.

The Flood of ancient times turned out to be a bore -- the "Waterless Flood" (as prophesied by Margaret Atwood) promises to be a lot more fun.

Zat, I am unable to understand why, even in humour, you persist in dragging in Jewish myth to joke about your perceived dumbing down of mass humanity.
It really seems in keeping with evolutionary theory that the stronger, not the most moral, would prevail.Even if we give substantial impetus to memes/enculturation encouraging some degree of social caring and decency, there is little reason to see why giant ruling corporate bodies or their left or right wing counterparts would care much, except for the survival ( in some splendor) of the elites.

Neitzsche saw a great need for the 'superman' as distinct from ideology to think for himself and directed these views largely in his opposition to Christianity and the herd mentality. Hitler and his cohorts utilized this line of thought for their own ideological misplaced benefits, largely thanks to his daughter.

Throughout history religious thought has created power wielding tyrants using their version of God to enforce their agenders, and in the mix some thought provoking and decent view points have emerged.Some religious people do try to be selective in their readings and sensibly altruistic. They aren't all Bible toting fanatics.

As most atheists hold any belief to potentially higher moral beings as remote at best, it does not seem fair to tar the decent law abiding ones with the radical and dangerous fanatics. By blaming too much on religion we may nullify our understanding of evils emanating from other sources. An evolutionary basis comes with no ethical guarantees and the maligning powers of transcendental considerations may well have an up side as well as a down side.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
27-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Actually, the thread was intended to solicit tongue-in-cheek suggestions for theories on god's possible long term plan.

Since this is an atheist forum, I assumed, some irreverent posters, with a sense of humour (assuming we have them), could have some fun at god's expense.

I started it off with my own theory, but I am sure there are many other suggestions that others can think of, once they realize what a goldmine for humour this thread could be.

Don't take it too seriously, recognize jesting when you see it.

Or not?

Either way -- have at it! Big Grin
27-03-2013, 07:12 PM
As a prophet, me and god take turns having fun at each other's expense. Tongue

But there ain't no future. Past exists to create future, and we are currently the only Agents of that creation.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-03-2013, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2013 09:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-03-2013 04:30 PM)Zat Wrote:  I figured out the answer to my own question. ... so they could be entertained by the bipeds who could have been gods in their own right but traded the option in for mindless hedonism and equally mindless computer games, ...

There are many here among us, who feel this life is but a joke, ... But you and I we've been through that. ... and this is not our fate. ... and the wind begins to howl...

Dylan's words, Jimi's rhythm. Big Grin

Dylan's word, Dylan's rhythm. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
28-03-2013, 05:51 AM
Actually, god never made a pact with the devil. I just made that up for fun.

When god created humans, first he wanted companionship, so he gave humans intelligence to see what they would do with it.

Then, when he saw that humans mostly used intelligence to kill each other, then he said: "if I can't have worthy companions, then I will have worshipers" -- so he established official christian religion.

That didn't work very well either, because only the stupid and ignorant would believe in him.

That is when god decided to dumb down the entire species, so he would have lots of worshipers.

At least, that is what I think.

Whatever the reason, the result is the same: we are too stupid to live! Big Grin
28-03-2013, 05:58 AM
(28-03-2013 05:51 AM)Zat Wrote:  Whatever the reason, the result is the same: we are too stupid to live! Big Grin

bubble-headed bleach blond comes on at five
tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye

...and we're gonna die horribly! Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-03-2013, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:33 AM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
28-03-2013, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2013 06:17 AM by Zat.)

28-03-2013, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:33 AM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism