god traps the wise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: god traps the wise
(09-05-2016 06:13 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I posted a picture of a church sign that reads, "the more educated we become, the further away from god we become".
This is the response I got. I'd like to know what context this is taken and why would god want to trap the wise?
1 Corinthians 3:19:For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, "He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness."
There may be others related. This is the first one I found. Basically, when one becomes so absorbed with their own "knowledge", they no longer have faith, nor rely on God.

In other words, if you don't believe what I teach you, then you're wrong. And as a bonus i won't let you find out the truth.

Just god being a dick as always.

"Skepticism is the first step towards truth" -Denis Diderot
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Seeking_Truth's post
12-05-2016, 11:05 PM
(09-05-2016 08:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Satan gets all the blame. However god claimed to have created evil. "I the lord do these things."

Job shows plainly that Satan is a servant of god. Xians really don't know the bible.

Sad, really.

[Image: 53dc922e770e09d657f4ba0c2e650c61.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-05-2016, 11:06 PM
(09-05-2016 06:46 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Satan gave man wisdom. Much like Prometheus gave man fire.

The bible advises against knowledge and belittles science. Of course, right. Smile

Milton tried desperately in Paradise lost to prove god good. Instead Satan became the hero and god a tyrant. God wisbed to deny man knowledge due to his fear man would one day become as a god.

We have since visited the moon and space travel normal. God however was unable to deal with iron chariots.

Man has surpassed god. Smile

[Image: F6R1oWO.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-05-2016, 11:11 PM
(11-05-2016 11:58 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Alla, here iswhatthe bible says about the punishment he gave Adam and eve. http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Gene...apter-3And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Are you going to tell me. This is not punishment? He specifically said he is doing this to them because they are from the tree.

And yes it's the same as putting a sucker in a baby's had and telling the baby not to eat it then smacking them because they ate it. If you can't understand this then I sure hope you go back to school and get more education.

[Image: 82c8789382562be91117e9205a6c4883.jpg]

12-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Fuck, there are so many Good Guy Lucifer memes out there...

[Image: p0Jxr.jpg]

13-05-2016, 12:31 PM
(12-05-2016 11:12 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuck, there are so many Good Guy Lucifer memes out there...

I know this is off topic but this reminds me that there are people who have told me that the snake in Eden wasn't Satan, actually by this time Satan would've still been an angel, like the top angel actually and he didn't fall from grace until later so the serpant/snake/whatever was just some asshole who was bored and wanted to cause some trouble. I always figure he just liked hanging out in the tree and he loved the fruit so when Eve came around he was like "Hey! Yeah you! This fruit on this tree is sooo good! It'll get you like super high and you feel like a God, you gotta have some!" and then later when they were expelled from Eden he was like "Aww dang, I didn't know that was going to to happen, my bad!"

I have read that later in the Bible Satan is described as the "ancient serpent" so yeah it was him but just like this meme says, he let Eve have the choice and didn't just command her and walk away so that was the only way for us to grow as a species. Of course it never happened but you can definitely see how he did the right thing in a way.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
13-05-2016, 12:38 PM
(13-05-2016 12:31 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 11:12 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuck, there are so many Good Guy Lucifer memes out there...

I know this is off topic but this reminds me that there are people who have told me that the snake in Eden wasn't Satan, actually by this time Satan would've still been an angel, like the top angel actually and he didn't fall from grace until later so the serpant/snake/whatever was just some asshole who was bored and wanted to cause some trouble. I always figure he just liked hanging out in the tree and he loved the fruit so when Eve came around he was like "Hey! Yeah you! This fruit on this tree is sooo good! It'll get you like super high and you feel like a God, you gotta have some!" and then later when they were expelled from Eden he was like "Aww dang, I didn't know that was going to to happen, my bad!"

I have read that later in the Bible Satan is described as the "ancient serpent" so yeah it was him but just like this meme says, he let Eve have the choice and didn't just command her and walk away so that was the only way for us to grow as a species. Of course it never happened but you can definitely see how he did the right thing in a way.

There is nothing in the OT or other Jewish scripture that ever links the serpent with Satan. That's entirely a Christian revision that stems from the Book of Revelations.

But also remember that a lot of the character of Satan owes itself to fiction outside of the Bible, like Milton's 'Paradise Lost' and Dante's 'Inferno'. The name itself stems more from a title, 'ha-satan' or 'the accuser'; the Satan in the Book of Job was not a proper noun, but rather a job title for one of god's lackeys on his own divine council.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-05-2016, 12:51 PM
(13-05-2016 12:38 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  There is nothing in the OT or other Jewish scripture that ever links the serpent with Satan. That's entirely a Christian revision that stems from the Book of Revelations.

But also remember that a lot of the character of Satan owes itself to fiction outside of the Bible, like Milton's 'Paradise Lost' and Dante's 'Inferno'. The name itself stems more from a title, 'ha-satan' or 'the accuser'; the Satan in the Book of Job was not a proper noun, but rather a job title for one of god's lackeys on his own divine council.

Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard that Satan was a title before. I actually like the story better thinking the snake was not Satan, it's just funny to think God when out of his way to create this world and he forgot he had made the snake super smart and able to talk and screwed everything up, like really badly. It's too easy to say the snake was the worst being ever to exist, that takes it out of God's hands but it would've still been his fault.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
13-05-2016, 01:54 PM
(11-05-2016 05:42 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 05:06 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  What it said is that they didn't know the difference between right and wrong, so how could they be cursed for doing wrong? Riddle us that one.

She's saying they weren't really cursed. It's a good thing that they were tossed out of paradise, so that they can learn and grow. Ultimately becoming gods themselves. I'm starting to understand Alla's particular brand of delusion.
Yes, you start to understand some parts of my brand of delusion. Yes

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-05-2016, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2016 03:25 PM by Alla.)
Stevil Wrote:Is your belief based on logical fallacies?
Anyway, can't you just believe that god created Adam somehow, perhaps by starting off the universe is just the right way, he knew eventually Adam would evolve and then he did some magic and gave Adam a special inheritable soul (a soul that is indistinguishable in every way from a non human soul). That belief would be at least more plausible than your current belief. It would still be unprovable, unfalsifiable and it would avoid this strangeness of believing adam's ancestors were mortal, then all of a sudden adam was immortal for a day and then he went back to being mortal. That's just silly.

I see what you are saying. I would believe this but there is a problem. If God created Adam as mortal man then it would mean that God created a fallen/sinful man. It means God would created spiritually dead man. God can NOT do this. God can not force a man to live in the world where there is evil. Man has to choose to live in this kind of world. That is why Adam had to be immortal and to live in the world(garden) where there was no evil.

Stevil Wrote:Anyway, I am sorry for calling your belief silly. But that is how I feel right now.
I don't mind you calling my belief silly. I know how it sounds to unbeliever.

Stevil Wrote:Then the god deceived them. The god was not clear that they were choosing to be mortal, and yet you tell us that this is the choice god thinks that they made.
All they did was eat a fruit, they had no idea it was wrong, they had no idea of the consequences. They really didn't have the choice that you presume they made.
I didn't say that choice of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden was a choice between good and evil or right and wrong. That is why they were forgiven.
They had to become mortals so their eye would be opened, so they could start to understand what is right and what is wrong. But God could not force them to et the fruit.
Stevil Wrote:When the god told them that they would die, how do you think they understood that message to mean? Did they have any idea what spiritual death would be? Do you think that instead they thought it meant physical death? Did the god yet again deceive them?
God told them that they will die the same day they the fruit. They KNEW what God told them. Did they understand what death was? No, they didn't.
God didn't tell them that to disobey Him was sin/evil. Why didn't He say this? Because God knew they wouldn't understand Him.
God did NOT tell anything about making right or wrong choices because God knew they wouldn't understand Him.
So, choice of Adam and Eve was NOT about right or wrong. God just wanted them to eat that fruit but He couldn't force them
That is why there was Satan who knew what to say TO TEMPT Adam and Eve.
Satan told Eve that she will become like Gods and she will not die. So, Eve asked Satan: is there another way to become like Gods to know good and evil? Satan told her that there was no other way. Eve decided to find out what it means to be like Gods.
Eve already ate the fruit, she already understood something Adam didn't understand yet. Eve told Adam that he will be alone in the garden and he will not have children, he won't be able to obey another law of God - multiply and replenish the earth.
Adam chose to follow Eve, he chose to have children with her.
So, choice of Adam and Eve was not about right or wrong.

God forgave them. They transgressed His law in innocence. Fall of Adam is very important part of God's plan for us.

Stevil Wrote:How do we distinguish the difference between a person that is spiritually alive and one that is spiritually dead? Are you spiritually dead? Am I? Is my cat spiritually dead?
Let's leave your kitty alone. I am sure your kitty obeys all God's laws(all natural laws).
What is spiritual death? Spiritual death is SEPARATION from God. If we can not see God, or hear His voice, or be in His presence all the time/ any time we want, or feel the Holy Ghost's influence , then we are spiritually dead. But if we can have one of those things I just listed we are spiritually alive.
I don't know if you are spiritually dead or alive. Only you can know this.
I am spiritually alive.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED