god traps the wise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2016, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2016 04:00 PM by Leo.)
RE: god traps the wise
(13-05-2016 01:54 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 05:42 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  She's saying they weren't really cursed. It's a good thing that they were tossed out of paradise, so that they can learn and grow. Ultimately becoming gods themselves. I'm starting to understand Alla's particular brand of delusion.
Yes, you start to understand some parts of my brand of delusion. Yes

I will teach you about the power of the supreme God Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris can fry the sidewalk of a egg. Chuck Norris cat has 10 lives. Chuck Norris once won the game of space invaders without shooting. Chuck Norris tell signs what to do. Before his rise to fame Jaws was Chuck Norris goldfish. Chuck Norris can write left handed with both hands. Chuck Norris can get a strike in bowling using a ping pong ball. Chuck Norris put the genie back in the bottle. Chuck Norris can make a happy meal cry . Chuck Norris can actually win arguments with a woman.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
13-05-2016, 03:59 PM
(13-05-2016 03:45 PM)Leo Wrote:  Chuck Norris can make a happy meal cry . Chuck Norris can actually win arguments with woman.
Laugh out load

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
13-05-2016, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2016 04:03 PM by Commonsensei.)
(13-05-2016 12:51 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 12:38 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  There is nothing in the OT or other Jewish scripture that ever links the serpent with Satan. That's entirely a Christian revision that stems from the Book of Revelations.

But also remember that a lot of the character of Satan owes itself to fiction outside of the Bible, like Milton's 'Paradise Lost' and Dante's 'Inferno'. The name itself stems more from a title, 'ha-satan' or 'the accuser'; the Satan in the Book of Job was not a proper noun, but rather a job title for one of god's lackeys on his own divine council.

Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard that Satan was a title before. I actually like the story better thinking the snake was not Satan, it's just funny to think God when out of his way to create this world and he forgot he had made the snake super smart and able to talk and screwed everything up, like really badly. It's too easy to say the snake was the worst being ever to exist, that takes it out of God's hands but it would've still been his fault.

All things considered the snake got of easy. Its punishment was to crawl on the ground. Had the creation story been true, wouldn't that had been what is was doing to start of with.

I'm sure the legless lizard was looking up and saying..."Wait! That's a punishment? What the fuck, did I do?"

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
13-05-2016, 06:42 PM
(13-05-2016 03:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Stevil Wrote:Is your belief based on logical fallacies?
Anyway, can't you just believe that god created Adam somehow, perhaps by starting off the universe is just the right way, he knew eventually Adam would evolve and then he did some magic and gave Adam a special inheritable soul (a soul that is indistinguishable in every way from a non human soul). That belief would be at least more plausible than your current belief. It would still be unprovable, unfalsifiable and it would avoid this strangeness of believing adam's ancestors were mortal, then all of a sudden adam was immortal for a day and then he went back to being mortal. That's just silly.

I see what you are saying. I would believe this but there is a problem. If God created Adam as mortal man then it would mean that God created a fallen/sinful man. It means God would created spiritually dead man. God can NOT do this. God can not force a man to live in the world where there is evil. Man has to choose to live in this kind of world. That is why Adam had to be immortal and to live in the world(garden) where there was no evil.

Stevil Wrote:Anyway, I am sorry for calling your belief silly. But that is how I feel right now.
I don't mind you calling my belief silly. I know how it sounds to unbeliever.

Stevil Wrote:Then the god deceived them. The god was not clear that they were choosing to be mortal, and yet you tell us that this is the choice god thinks that they made.
All they did was eat a fruit, they had no idea it was wrong, they had no idea of the consequences. They really didn't have the choice that you presume they made.
I didn't say that choice of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden was a choice between good and evil or right and wrong. That is why they were forgiven.
They had to become mortals so their eye would be opened, so they could start to understand what is right and what is wrong. But God could not force them to et the fruit.
Stevil Wrote:When the god told them that they would die, how do you think they understood that message to mean? Did they have any idea what spiritual death would be? Do you think that instead they thought it meant physical death? Did the god yet again deceive them?
God told them that they will die the same day they the fruit. They KNEW what God told them. Did they understand what death was? No, they didn't.
God didn't tell them that to disobey Him was sin/evil. Why didn't He say this? Because God knew they wouldn't understand Him.
God did NOT tell anything about making right or wrong choices because God knew they wouldn't understand Him.
So, choice of Adam and Eve was NOT about right or wrong. God just wanted them to eat that fruit but He couldn't force them
That is why there was Satan who knew what to say TO TEMPT Adam and Eve.
Satan told Eve that she will become like Gods and she will not die. So, Eve asked Satan: is there another way to become like Gods to know good and evil? Satan told her that there was no other way. Eve decided to find out what it means to be like Gods.
Eve already ate the fruit, she already understood something Adam didn't understand yet. Eve told Adam that he will be alone in the garden and he will not have children, he won't be able to obey another law of God - multiply and replenish the earth.
Adam chose to follow Eve, he chose to have children with her.
So, choice of Adam and Eve was not about right or wrong.

God forgave them. They transgressed His law in innocence. Fall of Adam is very important part of God's plan for us.

Stevil Wrote:How do we distinguish the difference between a person that is spiritually alive and one that is spiritually dead? Are you spiritually dead? Am I? Is my cat spiritually dead?
Let's leave your kitty alone.
13-05-2016, 06:44 PM
(13-05-2016 06:42 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 03:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  I see what you are saying. I would believe this but there is a problem. If God created Adam as mortal man then it would mean that God created a fallen/sinful man. It means God would created spiritually dead man. God can NOT do this. God can not force a man to live in the world where there is evil. Man has to choose to live in this kind of world. That is why Adam had to be immortal and to live in the world(garden) where there was no evil.

I don't mind you calling my belief silly. I know how it sounds to unbeliever.

I didn't say that choice of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden was a choice between good and evil or right and wrong. That is why they were forgiven.
They had to become mortals so their eye would be opened, so they could start to understand what is right and what is wrong. But God could not force them to et the fruit.
God told them that they will die the same day they the fruit. They KNEW what God told them. Did they understand what death was? No, they didn't.
God didn't tell them that to disobey Him was sin/evil. Why didn't He say this? Because God knew they wouldn't understand Him.
God did NOT tell anything about making right or wrong choices because God knew they wouldn't understand Him.
So, choice of Adam and Eve was NOT about right or wrong. God just wanted them to eat that fruit but He couldn't force them
That is why there was Satan who knew what to say TO TEMPT Adam and Eve.
Satan told Eve that she will become like Gods and she will not die. So, Eve asked Satan: is there another way to become like Gods to know good and evil? Satan told her that there was no other way. Eve decided to find out what it means to be like Gods.
Eve already ate the fruit, she already understood something Adam didn't understand yet. Eve told Adam that he will be alone in the garden and he will not have children, he won't be able to obey another law of God - multiply and replenish the earth.
Adam chose to follow Eve, he chose to have children with her.
So, choice of Adam and Eve was not about right or wrong.

God forgave them. They transgressed His law in innocence. Fall of Adam is very important part of God's plan for us.

Let's leave your kitty alone.

So you believe that God's main plan from the beginning of time was to trick humans into sinning and then a fe centuries later arranging to have his own son butchered and pretend that has something to do with love? Or did I miss something somewhere?
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
13-05-2016, 08:07 PM
TO BORN AGAIN PAGAN

No, this is not what I believe. This is how you understood what I believe. Yes, you missed a lot. Like, really a lot.
BTW, there is no such thing as the beginning of time.

14-05-2016, 08:53 AM
(13-05-2016 08:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  TO BORN AGAIN PAGAN

No, this is not what I believe. This is how you understood what I believe. Yes, you missed a lot. Like, really a lot.

Says whom ? The only eternal being without beginning and end is Chuck Norris.

14-05-2016, 10:00 PM
(14-05-2016 08:53 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 08:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  TO BORN AGAIN PAGAN

Says whom ? The only eternal being without beginning and end is Chuck Norris.
I don't understand what it means. Consider

15-05-2016, 05:24 PM
(14-05-2016 10:00 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 08:53 AM)Leo Wrote:  Says whom ? The only eternal being without beginning and end is Chuck Norris.
I don't understand what it means. Consider

It means everything has a Beginning except Chuck Norris. The universe started with a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick.

15-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Leo Wrote:It means everything has a Beginning except Chuck Norris
even the material from each everything was organized? Blink

Leo Wrote:The universe started with a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick.
I don't understand what it means. Consider Smile