god traps the wise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2016, 06:50 PM
RE: god traps the wise
(15-05-2016 06:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Leo Wrote:It means everything has a Beginning except Chuck Norris
even the material from each everything was organized? Blink

Leo Wrote:The universe started with a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick.
I don't understand what it means. Consider Smile

Chuck Norris tears cure cancer too bad he never cries. ChuckNorris uses tabasco sauce for eye drops. Lighting never strikes twice in the same place, because Chuck Norris is looking for it. Chuck Norris knows when you are sleeping . He knows when you are awake. He knows if you are being good bad. So play dead for goodness sake. Chuck Norris can hear the silence. Chuck Norris makes onions cry. Chuck Norris doesn't wear sunblock, the sun wears chuckblock. Chuck Norris cant eat just one Lay's potato chip.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2016, 05:32 PM
(15-05-2016 06:50 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(15-05-2016 06:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  even the material from each everything was organized? Blink

I don't understand what it means. Consider Smile

Chuck Norris tears cure cancer too bad he never cries. ChuckNorris uses tabasco sauce for eye drops. Lighting never strikes twice in the same place, because Chuck Norris is looking for it. Chuck Norris knows when you are sleeping . He knows when you are awake. He knows if you are being good bad. So play dead for goodness sake. Chuck Norris can hear the silence. Chuck Norris makes onions cry. Chuck Norris doesn't wear sunblock, the sun wears chuckblock. Chuck Norris cant eat just one Lay's potato chip.

Big Grin

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
16-05-2016, 05:38 PM
I'm watching the 2014 Noah right now. All of this seems to be biblically accurate as much as paradise lost or any other lds story claims.

Though it seems to clash, It doesn't say those fallen angels are us humans, they are the magical rock giants.

It's also interesting noting what it does note accurately of the lineage notion. The noah story era seems the god claims cared about men's lines and then somewhere to the hebrews the woman line came to be significant. Because they seem to ignore the element of making a big deal of Noah being the last of Seth's lineage being horribly irrelvant to doing a damn thing about killing the other Cain descendents since Noah's sons wives are cain descendents... but of course the story has him as a man and his "sons' not daughters repopulating.. so the male lineage of seth vs cain is apparently something that makes a lick of difference to them.

All this bickering and there is no distinction in so many of the religious lines.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
26-06-2017, 05:06 PM
(13-05-2016 12:38 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 12:31 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I know this is off topic but this reminds me that there are people who have told me that the snake in Eden wasn't Satan, actually by this time Satan would've still been an angel, like the top angel actually and he didn't fall from grace until later so the serpant/snake/whatever was just some asshole who was bored and wanted to cause some trouble. I always figure he just liked hanging out in the tree and he loved the fruit so when Eve came around he was like "Hey! Yeah you! This fruit on this tree is sooo good! It'll get you like super high and you feel like a God, you gotta have some!" and then later when they were expelled from Eden he was like "Aww dang, I didn't know that was going to to happen, my bad!"

I have read that later in the Bible Satan is described as the "ancient serpent" so yeah it was him but just like this meme says, he let Eve have the choice and didn't just command her and walk away so that was the only way for us to grow as a species. Of course it never happened but you can definitely see how he did the right thing in a way.

There is nothing in the OT or other Jewish scripture that ever links the serpent with Satan. That's entirely a Christian revision that stems from the Book of Revelations.

But also remember that a lot of the character of Satan owes itself to fiction outside of the Bible, like Milton's 'Paradise Lost' and Dante's 'Inferno'. The name itself stems more from a title, 'ha-satan' or 'the accuser'; the Satan in the Book of Job was not a proper noun, but rather a job title for one of god's lackeys on his own divine council.

More about the designation Satan: Jesus is quoted as saying to one of his favorite dozen "Get behind me Satan."
26-06-2017, 05:10 PM
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=762297&d=1376978717]
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
26-06-2017, 05:49 PM
(13-05-2016 08:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  TO BORN AGAIN PAGAN

BTW, there is no such thing as the beginning of time.

> Wrong! Before the Big Bang, time did not exist.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang
27-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Well the problem is that God and the Devil are both real and they both suck. Neither of them are trustworthy, or worthy of reverence and worship. There is a delusion within the human psyche that human life is worth living and that life is a good thing, which is utter nonsense. Life is horrible and the human world is a stinking pit of mediocrity and shame. Despite all of this, perhaps in spite of the truth, God and the Devil work together to keep the delusion alive, which is absolutely detestable, for what should be obvious reasons. Fuck God, fuck the Devil, and fuck the human race.
[+] 1 user Likes Angra Mainyu's post
27-06-2017, 06:34 PM
(27-06-2017 06:02 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Well the problem is that God and the Devil are both real and they both suck. Neither of them are trustworthy, or worthy of reverence and worship. There is a delusion within the human psyche that human life is worth living and that life is a good thing, which is utter nonsense. Life is horrible and the human world is a stinking pit of mediocrity and shame. Despite all of this, perhaps in spite of the truth, God and the Devil work together to keep the delusion alive, which is absolutely detestable, for what should be obvious reasons. Fuck God, fuck the Devil, and fuck the human race.

I picked up my bag, went looking for a place to hide
When I saw Carmen and the devil walking side by side.
I said, "Hey, Carmen, come on let's go downtown."
She said, "I got to go but my friend can stick around."

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
28-06-2017, 08:59 AM
(27-06-2017 06:02 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Well the problem is that God and the Devil are both real and they both suck. Neither of them are trustworthy, or worthy of reverence and worship. There is a delusion within the human psyche that human life is worth living and that life is a good thing, which is utter nonsense. Life is horrible and the human world is a stinking pit of mediocrity and shame. Despite all of this, perhaps in spite of the truth, God and the Devil work together to keep the delusion alive, which is absolutely detestable, for what should be obvious reasons. Fuck God, fuck the Devil, and fuck the human race.
I wouldn't go quite so far as to say, without qualification, that "life is horrible", but it IS a stinking pit of mediocrity and shame (nice turn of phrase). What would make my life horrible rather than merely challenging, is if I thought that existence was sentient and malevolent, which would cause me to take it personally, which would greatly amplify my suffering and make me a bitter, angry, resentful individual instead of someone who simply realizes that life is just stuff impersonally happening.

Of course, if there WERE intent and purpose behind the machinery of reality, then I'd have to deal with it. Happily, there's not a shred of evidence that this is the case, and a great deal of evidence that it's not. More than enough of a preponderance of evidence to form the belief that the universe is not out to get me, or out to do anything. It just IS.
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
28-06-2017, 09:09 AM

I think your problem is you believe that first sentence.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post