god traps the wise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: god traps the wise
Where Da Faq do we keeping getting people like that signing up? There have been two or three recently who are fully on-board the crazy train recently.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
28-06-2017, 09:43 AM
(28-06-2017 09:23 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Where Da Faq do we keeping getting people like that signing up? There have been two or three recently who are fully on-board the crazy train recently.

School year ended I guess.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
28-06-2017, 10:23 AM
(27-06-2017 06:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(27-06-2017 06:02 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Well the problem is that God and the Devil are both real and they both suck. Neither of them are trustworthy, or worthy of reverence and worship. There is a delusion within the human psyche that human life is worth living and that life is a good thing, which is utter nonsense. Life is horrible and the human world is a stinking pit of mediocrity and shame. Despite all of this, perhaps in spite of the truth, God and the Devil work together to keep the delusion alive, which is absolutely detestable, for what should be obvious reasons. Fuck God, fuck the Devil, and fuck the human race.

I picked up my bag, went looking for a place to hide
When I saw Carmen and the devil walking side by side.
I said, "Hey, Carmen, come on let's go downtown."
She said, "I got to go but my friend can stick around."

I said, "Wait a minute, Chester, you know I'm a peaceful man"
He said, "That's okay, boy, won't you feed him when you can"

Catch a cannon ball now to take me down the line
My bag is sinkin' low and I do believe it's time

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-06-2017, 10:53 AM
(27-06-2017 06:02 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Well the problem is that God and the Devil are both real and they both suck. Neither of them are trustworthy, or worthy of reverence and worship. There is a delusion within the human psyche that human life is worth living and that life is a good thing, which is utter nonsense. Life is horrible and the human world is a stinking pit of mediocrity and shame. Despite all of this, perhaps in spite of the truth, God and the Devil work together to keep the delusion alive, which is absolutely detestable, for what should be obvious reasons. Fuck God, fuck the Devil, and fuck the human race.

(27-06-2017 06:02 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  the human world is a stinking pit of mediocrity and shame.

Speak for yourself. I'm not mediocre!

Quote:God and the Devil work together...

Like Tom and Jerry cartoons?

Provide evidence for any of your assertions.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-06-2017, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2017 02:45 PM by GirlyMan.)

Now that you have come face-to-face with the Absurd, how then shall you proceed? Some see only 3 treatments - suicide, a delusional leap of faith, or recognition and embracement.

I recommend embracement. The Absurd just needs a hug is all. Poor little fella gets all the blame.

“One can show one's contempt for the cruelty and stupidity of the world by making of one's life a poem of incoherence and absurdity.”

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-06-2017, 11:03 AM
(28-06-2017 10:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I recommend embracement. The Absurd just needs a hug is all. Poor little fella gets all the blame.

Read this as embarrassment. Am now duly embarrassed Blush

Quote:“One can show one's contempt for the cruelty and stupidity of the world by making of one's life a poem of incoherence and absurdity.”

“Man stands face to face with the irrational. He feels within him his longing for happiness and for reason. The absurd is born of this confrontation between the human need and the unreasonable silence of the world.”

There's reason in the unreasonable, too - it is what it is.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
28-06-2017, 11:05 AM
(27-06-2017 06:02 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Life is horrible and the human world is a stinking pit of mediocrity and shame.

Don't you get enough cable channels were you live?
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
28-06-2017, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2017 11:16 AM by Cosmo.)
I actually find that many of the world's problems come from a total lack of shame in situations where shame is absolutely warranted.

Being a nasty bigot who refuses to learn to treat others as they, themselves, would like to be treated, for example.

Just a thought though.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
28-06-2017, 11:12 AM
(28-06-2017 11:03 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(28-06-2017 10:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I recommend embracement. The Absurd just needs a hug is all. Poor little fella gets all the blame.

Read this as embarrassment. Am now duly embarrassed Blush

Quote:“One can show one's contempt for the cruelty and stupidity of the world by making of one's life a poem of incoherence and absurdity.”

“Man stands face to face with the irrational. He feels within him his longing for happiness and for reason. The absurd is born of this confrontation between the human need and the unreasonable silence of the world.”

There's reason in the unreasonable, too - it is what it is.

Aujourd’hui, maman est morte. Ou peut-être hier, je ne sais pas. J’ai reçu un télégramme de l’asile : « Mère décédée. Enterrement demain. Sentiments distingués. » Cela ne veut rien dire. C’était peut-être hier.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-06-2017, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2017 11:44 AM by Vera.)
(28-06-2017 11:12 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Aujourd’hui, maman est morte. Ou peut-être hier, je ne sais pas. J’ai reçu un télégramme de l’asile : « Mère décédée. Enterrement demain. Sentiments distingués. » Cela ne veut rien dire. C’était peut-être hier.

About as far as I got, sadly

In Bulgarian, of course. I did try to read War and Peace in Russian though... first page was in freaking français, so gave up too (never was much one for the great Russian masters. With the exception of Chekhov (and Ilf and Petrov are hilarious), read him a lot as a kid/early teens... "Misery" (about a sledge-driver, who all day long keeps trying to tell his clients how his son has just died, but no one ever listens to him or pays any attention, so in the end, he tells his mare) is still one the saddest things I've read, makes me bawl every time, even thinking about it Sadcryface

""That's how it is, old girl.... Kuzma Ionitch is gone.... He said good-by to me.... He went and died for no reason.... Now, suppose you had a little colt, and you were own mother to that little colt. ... And all at once that same little colt went and died.... You'd be sorry, wouldn't you?..."

The little mare munches, listens, and breathes on her master's hands. Iona is carried away and tells her all about it."

Sadcryface

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post