god traps the wise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: god traps the wise
(09-05-2016 06:13 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I posted a picture of a church sign that reads, "the more educated we become, the further away from we become".
This is the response I got. I'd like to know what context this is taken and why would god want to trap the wise?
1 Corinthians 3:19:For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, "He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness."
There may be others related. This is the first one I found. Basically, when one becomes so absorbed with their own "knowledge", they no longer have faith, nor rely on God.

They have to stigmatize thinking for ones self. This is the only way theism can survive. So they make one feel guilty and dirty for trying to rely on one's own mind. One phrase I hear a lot is "autonomous thinking". This is made out to be a crime of the highest order. May they be damned. Their sign is literally true. Once one learns to think rationally it is over for religion. As a child in Sunday school I was reprimanded for asking too many questions. The minister told me to stop and just have faith. Fortunately I didn't listen.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 10:16 PM
(09-05-2016 06:13 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  1 Corinthians 3:19:For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, "He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness."

If that's the case then I dread to think what the idiocy of the world must be to God.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
09-05-2016, 10:26 PM
(09-05-2016 10:16 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 06:13 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  1 Corinthians 3:19:For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, "He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness."

If that's the case then I dread to think what the idiocy of the world must be to God.

I agree. My aunt who is baah agreed with me and said it is about control. I was floored! Love my aunt she is very smart.

My other friend said that things that are true in bible aren't being taught. I asked such as?
She said creationism instead of evolution. I provided why it wasn't taught and why evolution has more evidence. I told her that I was looking for facts that is not taught but in the bible. She said not tonight. Lmao
09-05-2016, 11:24 PM
SitaSky Wrote:You're going in already assuming your faith is true so everything has to either fit your faith
or you re-define your beliefs to fit new information
No new information can re-define or contradict this belief of mine:
1)Jesus Christ lived on Earth
2)He atoned for God's children
3)He died and resurrected from the dead
4)He lives with God Father in heaven now

P.S.scriptures are not science books. If prophets screwed up the science in their books God wouldn't care. Why would He care about screwed up science?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
09-05-2016, 11:27 PM
(09-05-2016 11:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  
SitaSky Wrote:You're going in already assuming your faith is true so everything has to either fit your faith

P.S.scriptures are not science books. If prophets screwed up the science in their books God wouldn't care. Why would He care about screwed up science?

Please go away.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
09-05-2016, 11:31 PM
(09-05-2016 11:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Please go away.
No

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-05-2016, 12:05 AM

Can you prove in any tangible way that the 4 truths you stated are actually true? I already know the answer is no. You believe on faith, no facts required for you to believe and no a book of fiction is not a fact, it's a fictional book of fairy tales later rebooted with new fairytales by a con man, not very convincing to say the least.

God would care about screwed up science if he values the truth, he clearly doesn't and being a fictitious creation that makes sense. If you valued the truth any religion would have to prove their message before you believe, this is clearly not an issue for you so bring on the myths and the clearly screwed science its perfectly fine with your God who doesn't exist. Yeah makes sense.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
10-05-2016, 12:18 AM

How does this relate to my original post?
10-05-2016, 12:33 AM
(10-05-2016 12:18 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  How does this relate to my original post?

It does not. It never does. Alla is a troll.

Pure and simple.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
10-05-2016, 12:39 AM
(10-05-2016 12:33 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 12:18 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  How does this relate to my original post?

It does not. It never does. Alla is a troll.

Pure and simple.

I've been trying to get her to engage and answer questions but nothing says far.
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post