god traps the wise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2016, 09:55 AM
RE: god traps the wise
(10-05-2016 09:41 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 09:38 AM)Gordon Blue Wrote:  Ah, come on! I want to play with the good, little mormon.

You want to play with a troll. You will ultimately lose.

Fiddlesticks!
I guess i shouldnt feed the wildlife.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2016, 09:56 AM
(10-05-2016 09:38 AM)Gordon Blue Wrote:  Ah, come on! I want to play with the good, little mormon.

Oh, Hi, pastor Banjo! Smile

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-05-2016, 09:58 AM
(10-05-2016 09:55 AM)Gordon Blue Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 09:41 AM)Banjo Wrote:  You want to play with a troll. You will ultimately lose.

Fiddlesticks!
game is over.
wow, that was fast Smile

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Really Alla u have clog up my threadwith nonsense that has nothing to do with the original post? Come on. I'm here for information not games. I can play games in other places.

As far as my post goes my aunt did say her faith believe in evolution. I did know this soi asked her on my post about it on purpose. She did respond now we wait to see if my other friend is going to say anything or not. However I doubt it.

My intent was to bring awareness to the fact that churches are feeding us this bullshit and even put it on their signs for all to see. I just can't understand why a church would do this if they want people to start coming in. The majority of people now a days have access to information and can verify bull shit that pastors and the like try to feed you.
10-05-2016, 10:15 AM
(10-05-2016 09:58 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 09:55 AM)Gordon Blue Wrote:  Fiddlesticks!
game is over.
wow, that was fast Smile

Yea, sorry.
I had started a response, but i know it was going to come down to feels and semantics, i am best to take Banjo's advice.
Next time, maybe.
10-05-2016, 10:21 AM

Of course not. I'm having a good time trolling Alla.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
10-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Alla, in post #27 of this thread you asserted that Adam and Eve were not punished and nothing in the bible says so.

I pointed out Genesis 3:16 to 24 as refutation of your statement.

Care to comment or are you just ignoring it?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
10-05-2016, 11:44 AM
(09-05-2016 06:13 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I posted a picture of a church sign that reads, "the more educated we become, the further away from we become".
This is the response I got. I'd like to know what context this is taken and why would god want to trap the wise?
1 Corinthians 3:19:For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, "He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness."
There may be others related. This is the first one I found. Basically, when one becomes so absorbed with their own "knowledge", they no longer have faith, nor rely on God.

Wanna reread that quote slowly and see if it makes sense as written?
Thanks
10-05-2016, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 11:51 AM by smileyjose86.)
10-05-2016, 12:09 PM
(10-05-2016 09:53 AM)Alla Wrote:  I believe that if you correctly understand the symbolic language of those who wrote the Word of God you will find no contradiction.
I also believe that if many words of God were not screwed by men it wouldn't be contradictions.

I really don't want to reply to you anymore, I'm starting to believe you are just a troll but this quote here is why you should not be trusted at all. It clearly shows you are willing to re-define and re-interpret your holy scriptures to fit new information and to be extra sure you're not contradicting either your faith or science. It's too easy to say "Well if you read it correctly it says exactly what you want it to say." This can be said for anything, I can read any fairy tale and interpret it to mean whatever I want.

If your God was real there would only be one truth, it wouldn't be symbolic. Your God either doesn't care to tell us the truth or he's having a laugh at us going to war with each other over semantics. The simple truth is he doesn't exist, the men who wrote the bible and the con man who wrote the The Book or Mormon did exist but they didn't have any divine wisdom bestowed onto them. They simply wanted to control people, they weren't very good writers so now it's too easy to look back and say "Well it's very poetic and symoblic language, you just have to read it correctly." Yeah sure, that makes perfect sense. Rolleyes

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]