going to far, new saga

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2013, 12:36 PM
going to far, new saga
At coffee the neighbor joined me and of course the conversation turned to God and Jesus. This lady went on about how she visits the dying (only those she's known), places her hand on their forehead and prays for them. She is convinced they feel at peace after this, because she pointed them in the right direction. The realization came to me that she believes she can do this. Most of these people have loosely been of other religions, not her Evangelical. Her arrogance amazed me. The fact that priests may have been to visit doesn't seem to occur to her. Because of this a few have placed orders at the hospital should they wind up in there that this woman is not to enter the room and especially administer her version of the last rites.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2013, 12:48 PM
RE: going to far, new saga
I don't think I would mind personally. I understand why some people would be highly offended, especially if they are religious but just not the same religion as her. I personally am just amused by this sort of person. You can turn my dead body whatever religion you like. I will be dead so I won't care.

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
23-10-2013, 01:03 PM
(23-10-2013 12:48 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I don't think I would mind personally. I understand why some people would be highly offended, especially if they are religious but just not the same religion as her. I personally am just amused by this sort of person. You can turn my dead body whatever religion you like. I will be dead so I won't care.

There is a big difference between dying and dead......

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-10-2013, 06:59 AM
As the lawyer was drawing up my will, I mentioned the religious zealots coming into the room and praying. My question was how to keep them out. Our hospitals always inquire if we'd like a rabbi, priest, minister to visit and this is honored. The lawyers response was that it's pretty hard to keep the flakes out as the staff doesn't always recognize them.