got in trouble at work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2017, 06:49 PM
got in trouble at work
so yesterday at work i got on someones nerves and he went after me. he put me in a headlock and so i bit him to make him release me. he proceeded to throw me across the deli before storming out. he's much larger and stronger than me and really had no reason to get physical, but whatever. nobody was seriously hurt
well now i am in trouble and got taken off the schedule. my manager says i can come talk about it over this upcoming weekend
as much as i need my job i find myself being unappreciated and mistreated by coworkers. it rarely gets this severe but people dont always act nice. i am also one of only like 4 of us back there who actually do anything. i clean things and make sure information about products and services get properly conveyed to customers. i put in the effort to get shit done there. i try to help things run more smoothly there. everyone else is just lazy and some of them are selling drugs at work or buying alcohol for minors. why am i in trouble when i always do what im supposed to do? should i even bother staying there? i have a research job guaranteed to me for summer starting in May. im not even mad at the person for going after me. we all snap and no permanent harm was done. i just dont think it's fair that people jump on my case but are lax with everyone else
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like seagull's post
06-03-2017, 06:54 PM
RE: got in trouble at work
I don't think that's the healthiest environment for you to be in. He assaulted you. It doesn't matter if you got on his nerves or not. I would find somewhere else if you can or go without a job until May if you are able.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
06-03-2017, 06:55 PM
If you don't fit in with the specific work culture, you may have problems no matter how appropriate your behaviors are. You might do better to figure out where you could fit in without the stress.
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
06-03-2017, 06:59 PM
(06-03-2017 06:49 PM)seagull Wrote:  so yesterday at work i got on someones nerves and he went after me. he put me in a headlock and so i bit him to make him release me. he proceeded to throw me across the deli before storming out. he's much larger and stronger than me and really had no reason to get physical, but whatever. nobody was seriously hurt
well now i am in trouble and got taken off the schedule. my manager says i can come talk about it over this upcoming weekend
as much as i need my job i find myself being unappreciated and mistreated by coworkers. it rarely gets this severe but people dont always act nice. i am also one of only like 4 of us back there who actually do anything. i clean things and make sure information about products and services get properly conveyed to customers. i put in the effort to get shit done there. i try to help things run more smoothly there. everyone else is just lazy and some of them are selling drugs at work or buying alcohol for minors. why am i in trouble when i always do what im supposed to do? should i even bother staying there? i have a research job guaranteed to me for summer starting in May. im not even mad at the person for going after me. we all snap and no permanent harm was done. i just dont think it's fair that people jump on my case but are lax with everyone else

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Fairness is bit much to expect in life. Shit happens to good people too.

You say you're not mad. Maybe that's true, I would be.
Even so it isn't healthy to stay in a place with people who think so little of you. That crap will fester given time.
I don't know all the details of your situation, but how much worse can it get at a new job?

Best of luck and watch your back.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 2 users Like M. Linoge's post
06-03-2017, 07:05 PM
I'd bite his ass too...

Sombitch had it coming.....

Signed

Mike Tyson
[+] 7 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-03-2017, 07:58 PM
I hope you brushed your teeth after you bit him. Don't know where he's been Rainbow Vomit

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
06-03-2017, 08:17 PM
You have a case for battery against the guy who had you in a headlock. I for the life of me cannot believe that the guy is still employed with this company. That kind of behavior is completely uncalled for. Biting him would be held as self-defense, I would think. Man, you need to find another job. If you can document the battery case, you should be able to collect unemployment benefits until you get another job. I don't know where you work, but if someone tried that where I worked, security would have dragged them straight out the door to the street, and their last paycheck would be sent to their home of record.
[+] 10 users Like Fireball's post
06-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Quote:i bit him

lol

I bet that's the last time he puts you in a headlock!

I say play up the crazy tough guy image. If you get left alone, great. If you get fired, oh fucking well.
07-03-2017, 02:17 AM
Get unemployment, and get legal advice. Retaining him and discharging you seems very shady legally to me, and you might be able to get a little extra for the trouble.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
07-03-2017, 02:22 AM
I agree, no amount of getting on someone's nerves excuses an assault. You had to bite in self defence. It sounds like a horrible work environment, I hope you can get it sorted out or find someone nicer.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post