got in trouble at work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2017, 06:25 AM
RE: got in trouble at work
it really is a bad work environment
some of the people there wait for management to leave and then they go ahead and goof off, steal food, harass me for being weird and doing my work, and have their own social hour back there
i work in a deli and it isnt fun
what really isnt fair is that it's instantly assumed that i had done something awfully wrong when im one of the better behaved people back there
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2017, 06:34 AM
Good lord, I thought my old job was bad but at least I didn't ever have to bite anyone to protect myself.

A crap work environment can wear you down but what happened to you was an assault. You should have made a police report. Headlocks should only be a part of your employment when you are a professional wrestler. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
07-03-2017, 06:49 AM
(07-03-2017 06:25 AM)seagull Wrote:  it really is a bad work environment
some of the people there wait for management to leave and then they go ahead and goof off, steal food, harass me for being weird and doing my work, and have their own social hour back there
i work in a deli and it isnt fun
what really isnt fair is that it's instantly assumed that i had done something awfully wrong when im one of the better behaved people back there

Get out, and get out fast. And file for assault if you can. That man had no right to even touch you.

You deserve so much better than to have to put up with such a nyerkity work environment. It might make things a bit tight til you find a new job (apply for unemployment if possible) but do get out of there as soon as you can.

Best wishes. I 'm sorry you're going through this <3

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
07-03-2017, 09:57 AM
That employee's actions towards you are, of course, reprehensible, totally unacceptable, and are clearly defined as bullying in most workplace agreements. I actually can't believe that some people still use physical violence in the workplace to intimidate others, in a supposedly enlightened 21st century.

As this work environment is obviously causing you so much distress, both physical and mental, I'd be doing whatever you can to get out of there ASAP. I'm assuming a complaint to the manager would fall on deaf ears? Or might even result in increased bullying by the other staff if they got wind of your complaint (which often happens in small businesses).

Whatever, you need to resolve it soon for your own peace of mind—and possibly regardless of the financial cost in lost wages.

—Good luck mate.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
07-03-2017, 12:44 PM
I concur with what others have said - you really should find a different job. A place like that isn't going to get any better so you can probably expect more of this in the future. Did the other guy even get into any trouble? I'm thinking he should have been fired at a minimum and maybe even reported to the police for assault.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
07-03-2017, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2017 02:48 PM by Banjo.)
Call the police.

BTW, headlocks are easily escapable.

Here's a basic technique.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
07-03-2017, 03:23 PM
got in trouble at work
Get a lawyer and sue him for assault and the employer for having a hostile work environment that put you in danger.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
07-03-2017, 08:42 PM
(06-03-2017 08:34 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:i bit him

lol

I bet that's the last time he puts you in a headlock!
Lol! Reminds me a guy who walked into a convenience store in the town where I used to live an bought a liter of Coke. Then he exposed himself to the cashier. The quick-thinking cashier did not miss a beat, but picked up the liter of Coke and slammed it down full-force on his erect penis, which was sitting on the counter. He screamed and fainted dead away.

A few minutes later the cops came to haul him away and when they recovered somewhat from their laughter, one of the cops says to the cashier, "I'll bet next time he buys a bag of marshmallows".
[+] 5 users Like mordant's post
08-03-2017, 09:04 PM
contacting the labor board tomorrow
[+] 2 users Like seagull's post
08-03-2017, 10:48 PM
(08-03-2017 09:04 PM)seagull Wrote:  contacting the labor board tomorrow

I worked for a major corporation (with more than 250,000 employees!) that still had trouble like this with their employees despite all the talking at us, even from corporate attorneys. What your fellow employee did was literally a crime! Good luck. Our company had to have their attorneys give us a 90-minute lecture about how to behave at work, after having several multi-million dollar lawsuits filed. Crazy that that is what it took. They just used to look the other way, or tell the persons who were assaulted "to work it out on their own".