greece is fanatically religious

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: greece is fanatically religious
(22-10-2015 12:15 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Worse than the US? You have my sympathies. I really want to visit Greece some day, kind of depressing to hear they're off the deep end religiously.

Oh, do visit! You won't really notice. And even if you do, the scenery will make up for it Smile

It's better than the US in that you rarely see young people in churches, but worse in that moderate Christianity is on a rampage and that its Greek version comes with all sorts of its own superstitions, woo and quackery. It's scary, really.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2015, 12:24 PM
hy cuntor,whatever this means!
i am with you fully but i was afraid to say it myself. cos it sound like a hater of human kind. the truth is i really have a bad opinion on them. including me but to a low percent. at least i dont lie or cheat.
22-10-2015, 12:31 PM
It's not the religious that put me off Greece but the 6.3 earthquake I experienced my first night there. Never experienced one before so I didn't sleep for the remainder of my holiday! bleuurghh

I have to admit though, the random scattered churches make for beautiful eye candy around Athens (and surrounding country side).

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
22-10-2015, 12:31 PM
(22-10-2015 12:24 PM)tsahpina Wrote:  hy cuntor,whatever this means!
i am with you fully but i was afraid to say it myself. cos it sound like a hater of human kind. the truth is i really have a bad opinion on them. including me but to a low percent. at least i dont lie or cheat.
Yes, hoc, what the fuck does a CUNTOR mean?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
22-10-2015, 12:48 PM
so tell me what CUNTOR means please in plain language
22-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Have fun with it. Grow your hair and beard long, buy a plastic trident, start swimming at one end of the beach, a d when you get to the other end jump out of the water and scream "I am Poseidon!"

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
22-10-2015, 01:40 PM
(22-10-2015 12:48 PM)tsahpina Wrote:  so tell me what CUNTOR means please in plain language

If you mean "houseofcantor" ... we never know what he means.

He moves in mysterious ways, his Gwynnies to behold.

Or some such.

Blink

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
22-10-2015, 01:49 PM
(22-10-2015 12:24 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(22-10-2015 12:15 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Worse than the US? You have my sympathies. I really want to visit Greece some day, kind of depressing to hear they're off the deep end religiously.

Oh, do visit! You won't really notice. And even if you do, the scenery will make up for it Smile

It's better than the US in that you rarely see young people in churches, but worse in that moderate Christianity is on a rampage and that its Greek version comes with all sorts of its own superstitions, woo and quackery. It's scary, really.

Well, I'm certainly not gonna let some nutters stop me! And yeah, churches can be kinda pretty if you forget what goes on there, lol.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
22-10-2015, 01:59 PM
So it's the heat that causes religion? Silly Greece. Silly southern US (right) and silly Islam in various hot countries.

I think I'll just stay here in the cold north then.
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
22-10-2015, 02:06 PM
I've heard it claimed that many of the problematic consequences of religiosity in that part of the world stem from religious identity being very closely tied, through various historical happenstance, to national and ethnic identity. So there's that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post