@&$;}%}% grouchy before morning coffee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2015, 07:23 AM
@&$;}%}% grouchy before morning coffee
need to vent.....

I need to stop facebooking in the early morning, it has a way of pissing me off before I have got out of bed and before coffee.

This morning my friend Wendy posts an article about how so many Americans think humans & dinos lived at the same time, I made some kind of joke about being raised in the 70's and watching that tv show "Land of the Lost" then the next person posts these photos of Incan rocks, and some petroglyph at a Natural Bridge and some other thing. The pictures look cool, I thank the guy for giving me something new to go learn about because I had never heard of them.

The very first paragraph on wikipedia says the Incan rocks were a hoax. WTF? So I google the next thing, I find a Smithsonian article....its also been debunked. And that article goes on to explain how creationists twist this stuff .... fucking creationists.

mother fuck...major facepalm. I am pissed off, at the dude trying to push that stuff as legit.

I went back to Wendys thread and posted the links, stated that both were hoaxes and creationist bullshit.

I just want to smack the guy the head.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
30-06-2015, 07:37 AM
RE: @&$;}%}% grouchy before morning coffee
When I looked this moring, one bright spark posted that the SCOTUS next move will be to repeal age of consent laws. Facepalm

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
30-06-2015, 08:51 AM
If you combine stuff like this withe the far right religious hatred of gay marriage and the whole ongoing shit with Donald Trump, it really does show the jebus freaks up to be the igonrant, homophobic racists they claim not to be.

If there really is to be an anti-christ, my bet would be on him being a right wing creationist. The destroyers of happiness! Laugh out load

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
30-06-2015, 09:02 AM
My Facebook feed is calmer now. Perhaps I have lost some 'friends'. Tongue There is still some stupid shit popping up but I am trying to remember who the sources are.

Funny thing is that the gay freak out has pretty much stopped completely while the flag flap still pops up with some regularity.

If I feel the need to get worked up I go to my younger daughter's page, she isn't in my news feed...but that's a whole other issue. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
30-06-2015, 09:16 AM
It shouldn't surprise you....

Religion is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
30-06-2015, 09:40 AM
(30-06-2015 07:23 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  need to vent.....

I need to stop facebooking in the early morning, it has a way of pissing me off before I have got out of bed and before coffee.

This morning my friend Wendy posts an article about how so many Americans think humans & dinos lived at the same time, I made some kind of joke about being raised in the 70's and watching that tv show "Land of the Lost" then the next person posts these photos of Incan rocks, and some petroglyph at a Natural Bridge and some other thing. The pictures look cool, I thank the guy for giving me something new to go learn about because I had never heard of them.

The very first paragraph on wikipedia says the Incan rocks were a hoax. WTF? So I google the next thing, I find a Smithsonian article....its also been debunked. And that article goes on to explain how creationists twist this stuff .... fucking creationists.

mother fuck...major facepalm. I am pissed off, at the dude trying to push that stuff as legit.

I went back to Wendys thread and posted the links, stated that both were hoaxes and creationist bullshit.

I just want to smack the guy the head.

Holy shit!
Something similar happened to me this morning too!
Someone from my hometown started a fb group about memories and whatnot, usually pretty cool.

Yesterday someone posted a pic of a giant crucifix that was removed from the township park about 25 years ago.

This morning it was all christians whining about how they're being persecuted. The amount of ignorance and stupidity was alarming. They had no concept of why that christian symbol didn't belong on public property after all these years.
I'm ashamed to know these people. Facepalm
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
30-06-2015, 09:56 AM
Last week in the days just before the 40th reunion of my Catholic school class...there was a theme running through that made me glad I wasn't going...

We are going to eat after 5:00 mass and then go to the reunion...

Where do you want to meet after 5:00 mass...

Do you want to meet up and we will go together to 5:00 mass...

5:00 mass should be over by 6:00...

I get it, there's a mass we are expected to attend, and it's at 5:00, in case you forgot in the last 45 seconds. Facepalm

I got the feeling that, just like when we were in school, mass wasn't optional.

Dodgy

How did I manage to last for 7 years in Catholic school...I never really bought into the whole thing.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
30-06-2015, 10:05 AM
(30-06-2015 07:23 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  need to vent.....

UMMMMM??? Did you really think at any point they were real? I guess you were being fair and not passing judgement until you investigated. It happens to me too. Every now and then science deniers throw some esoteric thing at you that you don't know about and lo behold you research it and it is total crap, long ago debunked. They have no shame in throwing debunked crap at you.
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
30-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Remember the old 'God didn't make no junk' posters and stuff from years back?

Maybe we could dig that up when the christys start talking about how gawd is against gays, etc. etc.

[Image: 2ec41403593c341cb9f7e680bbb81769.jpg]

30-06-2015, 10:12 AM
So true Inigo. I was just watching a you tube video by a creationist about someone --other than Jonah mind you-- who was swallowed by a whale and lived inside him for a few days. um yeah, that story is not real. I know you are shocked. Smile