@&$;}%}% grouchy before morning coffee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: @&$;}%}% grouchy before morning coffee
Generally speaking, I avoid the hell out of facebook.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
30-06-2015, 10:32 AM
[Image: 4bb6043cf66c6860c1261b76e88f4633.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 5 users Like Minimalist's post
30-06-2015, 10:46 AM
(30-06-2015 10:10 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Remember the old 'God didn't make no junk' posters and stuff from years back?

Maybe we could dig that up when the christys start talking about how gawd is against gays, etc. etc.

[Image: 2ec41403593c341cb9f7e680bbb81769.jpg]

No, no, no. Angry That explains why homosexuality is obviously a choice. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-06-2015, 11:09 AM
Actually, I've seen that argument used successfully by gay and straight Christians against their fellow Believers, coupled with examples of gay animals in observed real world.

Personal favorite of this is penguin couple Silo and Roy. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
30-06-2015, 11:47 AM
(30-06-2015 10:05 AM)IƱigo Wrote:  
(30-06-2015 07:23 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  need to vent.....

I went back to Wendys thread and posted the links, stated that both were hoaxes and creationist bullshit.

UMMMMM??? Did you really think at any point they were real? I guess you were being fair and not passing judgement until you investigated. It happens to me too. Every now and then science deniers throw some esoteric thing at you that you don't know about and lo behold you research it and it is total crap, long ago debunked. They have no shame in throwing debunked crap at you.

that was exactly what pissed me off, in less than 10 seconds of google I figured out it was bullshit but yet he is tossing it out there as fact.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
30-06-2015, 11:59 AM
This is why from now on I'll just use Facebook to post pictures that I take and very few other things.

I've gotten my hand slapped more than once and that's enough for me.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-06-2015, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2015 12:43 PM by Anjele.)
FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

Daughter's mother-in-law is now posting about how homosexuality will pave the way for legal pedophilia.

FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

My daughter said there was something on TV the other day where one man referred to his partner as his husband and the mother-in-law burst out in nervous giggles.

It was my 9 year old granddaughter who asked what her problem was.

I can't believe that fruit-loop (not that kind) is helping to raise my granddaughter.

Oy!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
30-06-2015, 01:02 PM
No wonder the British conquered the world.... the bastards woke up and drank tea.

That would put me in a foul, world-conquering, mood too.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
30-06-2015, 01:56 PM
(30-06-2015 12:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Daughter's mother-in-law is now posting about how homosexuality will pave the way for legal pedophilia.

My daughter said there was something on TV the other day where one man referred to his partner as his husband and the mother-in-law burst out in nervous giggles.

It was my 9 year old granddaughter who asked what her problem was.

I can't believe that fruit-loop (not that kind) is helping to raise my granddaughter.

You've got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You've got to be taught
From year to year,
It's got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught.
You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a diff'rent shade,
You've got to be carefully taught.
You've got to be taught before it's too late,
Before you are six or seven or eight,
To hate all the people your relatives hate,
You've got to be carefully taught!

-Rogers & Hammerstein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owxRpV7l8Dc

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
30-06-2015, 03:48 PM
(30-06-2015 09:40 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(30-06-2015 07:23 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  need to vent.....

I need to stop facebooking in the early morning, it has a way of pissing me off before I have got out of bed and before coffee.

This morning my friend Wendy posts an article about how so many Americans think humans & dinos lived at the same time, I made some kind of joke about being raised in the 70's and watching that tv show "Land of the Lost" then the next person posts these photos of Incan rocks, and some petroglyph at a Natural Bridge and some other thing. The pictures look cool, I thank the guy for giving me something new to go learn about because I had never heard of them.

The very first paragraph on wikipedia says the Incan rocks were a hoax. WTF? So I google the next thing, I find a Smithsonian article....its also been debunked. And that article goes on to explain how creationists twist this stuff .... fucking creationists.

mother fuck...major facepalm. I am pissed off, at the dude trying to push that stuff as legit.

I went back to Wendys thread and posted the links, stated that both were hoaxes and creationist bullshit.

I just want to smack the guy the head.

Holy shit!
Something similar happened to me this morning too!
Someone from my hometown started a fb group about memories and whatnot, usually pretty cool.

Yesterday someone posted a pic of a giant crucifix that was removed from the township park about 25 years ago.

This morning it was all christians whining about how they're being persecuted. The amount of ignorance and stupidity was alarming. They had no concept of why that christian symbol didn't belong on public property after all these years.
I'm ashamed to know these people. Facepalm

UPDATE:
I think I'm getting pretty close to being removed from that FB group. Fuck em, I didn't like most of them in high school anyway. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post