grrrrr - got to vent about a creationist group in texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2012, 09:33 AM
RE: grrrrr - got to vent about a creationist group in texas
(07-06-2012 03:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  While editing... do these people not think "I am committing a sin. I am deliberately creating and publishing a lie."? I thought Christianity was all about not telling lies...

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
07-06-2012, 04:17 PM
As an update, the Museum Director tracked me down by phone today through the University, to make sure I was OK.
I thought this increadibly thoughtful. She said that she had deleted the video herself, but is unsure if it can be restored.
We tried our best.

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Debzilla's post
07-06-2012, 04:18 PM
As an update, the Museum Director tracked me down by phone today through the University, just to make sure I was ok.
I thought this so sweet!

She herself deleted the video, though she is unsure if it can be restored.
We tried.

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
[+] 2 users Like Debzilla's post
07-06-2012, 07:29 PM
That's pretty awesome.

I don't have a museum where I live. They don't like knowledge here.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
07-06-2012, 07:55 PM
(06-06-2012 08:34 PM)Debzilla Wrote:  We made them delete it in front of us. I was really upset by this at the time. At one point, one of the men said "now you know how we creationists feel."

I don't get it. Now you know how it feels to have somebody disagree with you? Now you know how it feels to have your film destroyed? Now you know what it feels like to have minty fresh breath? Maybe I'm missing some context here, or maybe they wanted empathy but didn't quite understand the concept.
(06-06-2012 08:34 PM)Debzilla Wrote:  Sigh.

Sigh indeed.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
08-06-2012, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 03:28 AM by Filox.)
Luckily for you, they are Creationists, so that means they are pretty dumb. It would take me 1 minute to restore the whole damn thing on the memory card, but since they are Creationists, you are pretty safe.

Next time, the only thing you can do is take the card and go buy them a new one, just like the one you took. That is the only 100% sure way, nothing, I repeat, nothing else can be safe, if you really do not want some video to go online. You could put the card in your comp and use some disk wipe program with Gutemann's method of wiping, but you would need a computer, card reader and a wipe disk program.

I would take their card and go buy them a new one. If they complain, they would get slapped across the face.

SHUT UP! :::bitchslap:::

Smile

P.S.

Legally, you had every right to take the card, well not you, but the museum did. If there was a sing in front of the entrance, than they had a legal right to confiscate the memory card, without giving them a new one. Also, with that card in possession, they had a legal right to press charges against them. It is only that normal people are not that mean and immoral, but if the roles were reversed, we (atheists) would be bullied, police would have been called, charges would have be pressed and equipment would have been taken away, the whole camera, not just the memory card.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Creationist's Mind Timber1025 0 105 12-06-2014 11:57 AM
Last Post: Timber1025
  Soon creationist are going to say beneficial mutations prove creationism Metazoa Zeke 18 321 22-03-2014 02:08 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  How to talk about evolution to a creationist Metazoa Zeke 2 276 16-03-2014 02:46 PM
Last Post: DemonicLemon
  Is it a waste of time debating creationist Metazoa Zeke 26 415 10-03-2014 10:07 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Creationist and Uniformitarianism Metazoa Zeke 2 213 08-03-2014 10:33 AM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Evidence that prove creation,was originally said to never happen by creationist. Metazoa Zeke 14 308 07-03-2014 09:16 AM
Last Post: itsnotmeitsyou
  A creationist fallacy that I have picked up on. Metazoa Zeke 7 287 06-03-2014 11:23 AM
Last Post: WillHopp