guess who said this (sorry for my bad english)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2012, 01:03 AM
guess who said this (sorry for my bad english)
In the conception of our party , the materialist-scientific education is not a purpose in it`s self , but is subordonated to the fundamental tasks of social, economical and political developement of our country*******

to put in evidence the new conquests of scienc , tehnology andgeneral human knowledge , starting from the scientific view of the world , the dialectic materialism*

***only an educated man, mastering the highest knowledge in all fields , can unbderstand the objective laws , the requirements foir socio-economic developments , and can notice in time the changes in society , can see what is old and nolonger coresponding to the new stage of progres , can allso see the new , that will develop the future . Only such a man , in the scientific sense , can truly be free . A man with a poor culture , ignorant and backward , will allways be dominated by bigotry , misticism and all sorts of judgements

These directions show the content of the entire materialist-scientific education system , in order to combat bigotry , superstition , and to form the man of our new society

**** Considering the human as the supreme value , created the material and spiritual conditions for the people to have a real freedom , but allso a freedom of consciousness that implies responsability as a condition of it`s manifestation . Thus , freedom in general and freedom of consciousness in particular imply the the obedience to the laws of the country from all her citizen , be they atheist or believers . ***

*** But, every now and then , in the otherwise normal spiritual landscape of our country , some fanatical , aberant cults show up , who`s practiceslie in the marginal area of the society . These groups are well known for there hostility to progress , and lead often to the individual breaking off from society . They o not shy away from bringing bak magic , neither to mistify new ideeas , trying , thus , to "hit?" on the human condition and bring people back in the absurd of the tiranic supernatural ***

""

Ok this is obviousy not in english in the original , and this is a really rough fast translation . My english is ...not great...but im sure you can make out what it says , if youre interested , i can try a better translation of the entire speach tomorrow

This is allso someone you probably heard of , obviously in politics

so who is he reddit?

**edit : the original is in a pretty metaphoric political language style , lots of expressions that are not too easy to translate in another language, at least not by someone who `s english is only learned from the internet , like me .
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Xeronn's post
16-10-2012, 11:58 AM
RE: guess who said this (sorry for my bad english)
Well... Gandhi maybe? If you hadn't said not English original I'd have gone with Ben Franklin or someone like that, those early Merkins were pretty switched on.
16-10-2012, 12:43 PM
(16-10-2012 11:58 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well... Gandhi maybe? If you hadn't said not English original I'd have gone with Ben Franklin or someone like that, those early Merkins were pretty switched on.

hahaa...nope . This is from the now deceased communist dictator Nicolae Ceausescu , who ruled Romania in communism . This is from the start of an article in a magazine published the year we had the reolution here. It was a magazin aimed at the general public, for women mostly . It is on page 69 , the oppening of a 4 pages of small print on atheism...just before the fashion section and after the cooking recipies section .
16-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Eish. Was he a bad guy or OK ? I know Marshal Tito turned out to be a pretty cool guy when I read the wikipedia article on him. Wait a minute. Wasn't Ceausescu the guy who had a rather unpleasant end ? Eeek. I guess he was a bad guy then...
16-10-2012, 01:43 PM
(16-10-2012 01:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  Eish. Was he a bad guy or OK ? I know Marshal Tito turned out to be a pretty cool guy when I read the wikipedia article on him. Wait a minute. Wasn't Ceausescu the guy who had a rather unpleasant end ? Eeek. I guess he was a bad guy then...

He sure wasnt a good guy , but he basically got shot by an angry mob lead by one of his ex-leautenants . No trial , well no real trial , no nothing. Think Gadaffi

He wasnt a good guy , but he was not "evil" in the sense hitler , stalin or the dude now in iran were evil. He did build a country , allmost literally, from scratch . At the time he died , we basically had no unemployment , noone was hungry or homless , everyone had enough money to buy the (national shitty ) car , every newly wed couple got a free apartament , and so on.
Most of the people were "upset" on trivial things like not having jeans or coca cola like they had "in the west"

Sure he was violent when it suited him and he had a nasty secret service , but overall the number of people in prissons was really low , waay lower then it is now

He did not hesitate to hit hard on religion though , he openly mocked and called jehova`s witnesses insane maniacs , in very direct language (think hitchens) . That costed him dearly , as he didnt outlaw religion per se , and that left all the priests everywhere inciting pesants to rebelion and shit . In many ways he was an atheist tyrant and priests and organized religion played a large part in his death