guess why - guess what

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2012, 01:15 PM
RE: guess why - guess what
(31-03-2012 09:13 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 08:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Ding ding ding. I was thinking of "aye gee" .. but Erx nailed it.
You're next.
You deserve a groan for that. No
Ok, I'm thinking of an object that is bigger than a breadbox, but smaller than a coffin. Though not it's main function, it can sometimes be seen with a coffin. What do you think it can be?

Well, a body meets the requirements .. but I doubt that's what you meant ....

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2012, 06:11 PM
(31-03-2012 01:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-03-2012 09:13 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  You deserve a groan for that. No
Ok, I'm thinking of an object that is bigger than a breadbox, but smaller than a coffin. Though not it's main function, it can sometimes be seen with a coffin. What do you think it can be?

Well, a body meets the requirements .. but I doubt that's what you meant ....
It's not a body. A live person is needed to operate this.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
31-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Does it get buried with the coffin?
Is it used at the funeral or wake?
31-03-2012, 07:03 PM
(31-03-2012 06:37 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Does it get buried with the coffin?
Is it used at the funeral or wake?
It would only be buried with the coffin on a super rare occasion and probably only in Scotland.

It is not just associated with funerals only, but can sometimes be heard at a funeral. I don't think it would usually be part of a wake.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
31-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I know, I know...
It's the black box.
The original (main function) purpose of these is to record what happens on flights and the box is so designed as to survive a crash and being submerged if the plane crashes at sea.
This begs the question... why aren't planes themselves made of the same material as black boxes?
Anyway...
For a long time now, since the discovery of the condition called narcolepsy it has been a requirement to build a detector system into the structure of a coffin just in case the dead become undead. In the trade, these are lovingly known as "black death" boxes.
It is built into the coffin lid and the basic model detects violent movement, like the maniacal scratching and banging one might indulge in if one wakes to find oneself buried alive, and sends a signal back to a central control system. Small movements, like the movement of worms moving through rotting flesh are not picked up.
It was originally hoped that data collected from all the black death boxes over the centuries would have detected the upward movement of a soul or the downward, then upward movement of an angel that collects the soul but to date there has been no evidence of this.
Wealthy families, or more precisely, those that have recently inherited a lot of wealth, can choose (but this is not widely advertised) to have the latest model Black Death Box II which comes complete with a device that releases cyanide gas if movement is detected inside the coffin.
One of the technology limitations is the battery life at only 2.9 days. Any narcoleptic planning to wake and rise again after three days is therefore in trouble and needs to make special, more costly arrangements.

31-03-2012, 07:46 PM
I don't think you would "hear" a black box. I sure hope it's not a Bag Pipe, cuz I don't have another question.
That is fascinating about the "undead". Why would they possibly think some one could "survive" embalming ?

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
31-03-2012, 10:06 PM
(31-03-2012 07:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I don't think you would "hear" a black box. I sure hope it's not a Bag Pipe, cuz I don't have another question.
That is fascinating about the "undead". Why would they possibly think some one could "survive" embalming ?
WINNER!
[Image: bagpipes.gif]

~Izel
01-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Ok. How many symphonies did Beethoven write ? Be careful.

01-04-2012, 07:03 AM
So I'm wondering why this is a trick question.
Nine.
Are you implying he did not write them by hand?

01-04-2012, 07:18 AM
(01-04-2012 07:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  So I'm wondering why this is a trick question.
Nine.
Are you implying he did not write them by hand?

Nope, Bucky is not "tricky". Tongue Hint : NPR this morning.