guitar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2010, 11:56 PM

guitar
Anyone else here learning (or play) the guitar?
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2010, 12:11 AM
RE: guitar
I play! I'm not particularly good, but I've been in three different bands (nothing big--$15 dollars a concert and maybe 5 concerts?). I play rhythm for the most part. I'm a far better drummer than a guitarist, though. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2010, 12:18 AM

I'm just learning. I actually played my first song the other day. It's rough, but you can tell what it's supposed to be. Smile
11-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Nice! Have you been learning by tabs or sheet music or by ear or what?

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
11-09-2010, 12:23 AM

I've been picking up riffs by tab, and learning off of chord diagrams. I go to ultimate guitar and find a song I like, and see if I know the chords involved.

Usually, I d know them, but I can't get past all the other instruments to hear how the strumming goes. But I've been listening to a lot of the "unplugged" albums by my favorite artists, and trying to figure songs out that way as well.

And, well, I need slow songs because of the chord transitions

I can't read sheet music though.
11-09-2010, 12:35 AM
I can't read it either! Only really slowly counting with Every Good Boy Does Fine and such Tongue

But that's cool! Good luck and keep at it! The best way to learn is through practice! Big Grin

11-09-2010, 12:36 AM

Thanks man, I'm practicing until my fingertips hurt so bad I can barely type.
11-09-2010, 02:17 AM
I tried learning guitar a couple of months ago, I printed out some easy tabs to play with my neighbors electric guitar. I got frustrated pretty quicly as I could'nt learn the easiest damn song I know after practising with an acoustic guitar and I could'nt get my fingers to co-operate with me... But the song is still good, it's about god.Wink
I also tried button-accordion and learned a few good songs, but for some odd reason I slowly stopped playing it.Sad

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
11-09-2010, 02:37 AM

(11-09-2010 02:17 AM)Kikko Wrote:  I got frustrated pretty quicly as I could'nt learn the easiest damn song I know after practising with an acoustic guitar and I could'nt get my fingers to co-operate with me... But the song is still good, it's about god.Wink

Actually, the song I just learned is about god. Christian songs are easy, they're pretty simple and repetitive, like the belief system.

I just leaned "Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam". Though I play it the Nirvana way (without the cello and accordion accompaniment).

If you want an easy tab, start with "happy birthday" and nursery songs like "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". you can play them on one or two strings while you say the notes for each fret.

Then learn three chords and hit your first song.
11-09-2010, 03:03 AM
(11-09-2010 02:37 AM)Soldieringon Wrote:  Actually, the song I just learned is about god. Christian songs are easy, they're pretty simple and repetitive, like the belief system.

If you want an easy tab, start with "happy birthday" and nursery songs like "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". you can play them on one or two strings while you say the notes for each fret.

Then learn three chords and hit your first song.
I'm not sure if the ''my'' song is christian, not many christian bands would sing about god not doing anything to make the world better.Smile
I'm pretty happy with drums, jouhikko and mouth harps, but I think I'll give guitar another try.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user