hai guys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2010, 08:48 AM

hai guys
hey guys, names Steve found out about this from "stumbleupon.com"
live in the usa. i have question and i dont know where put it so ill ask it here. during the "pledge of allegiance" i dont want to stand for the sheer factit says " under god" but i also dont want to insult my teacher whom makes us stand. what do?
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2010, 11:48 AM
RE: hai guys
Just stand and say the pledge, but skip "under God". Nobody can fault you for that.

"Under God" wasn't added to the pledge until 1954 anyway. The original pledge had no mention of God.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2010, 12:38 PM
I wish they would get "under god" removed. Also, "in god we trust" needs to be removed from money.
Find all posts by this user
07-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey! Welcome! Big Grin

I remember there was a time where I was... pretty darned anti-patriotic, and so whenever the time came to say the pledge, I just stood with my hands behind my back attentively. I didn't get in trouble for that, so I think just leaving out "Under God" would be totally fine! Smile

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2010, 09:31 PM

alright...thanks guys
Quote this message in a reply