has anybody ever eaten "this is not food"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2013, 07:11 PM
has anybody ever eaten "this is not food"
the idea is when you are out of ingredients. you improvises something that hits the same spot without cooking. a couple examples.....

"this is not cinnamon buns." you take butter and bread, sugar and cinnamon, put into a bowl then stir.

"this is not nachos" = basically spicy cheeses{or cheese and any spice you can handle}, plus crackers and a microwave.
I haven't made any more. tell me if you eaten a "this is not food"

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2013, 07:34 PM
RE: has anybody ever eaten "this is not food"
I almost always just eat ingredients... I only really cook for others, or specific staples of my diet.

Since it would be kinda lame to just list off single things that I eat, ill list a few mixed things I regularily consume.

- Tuna, lemon juice, avocado, sweet potato(cooked). Its a very nicely balanced and healthy, lazy mans tuna sandwich.

- Boil a huge pot of any random veggies, add Greens Plus powder, add non-flavored veggie and/or whey protein, blend thoroughly with any seasoning you want. Its a healthy slop and its not really soup.

Another healthy alternative is to use quinoa ANY time you would use rice. Its similar consistency, cooks the same (2parts water 1part quinoa, simmer covered 15 mins) and tastes better, has more protein than any grain, healthy fats, and complex carbs. And its not rice?
06-02-2013, 07:36 PM
I tend to take in a lot of carbs, protein and fiber in each sitting. So, my "this is not carbs, protein and fiber" food is tortillas smeared with refried beans and sprinkled with cheese and sour cream. Then I broil it in the oven until it's crispy.

It fills the gut when I've got nothing else. Blush

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2013, 07:38 PM
I also sometimes have "this is not an omelette"... which is basically raw eggs and veggies thrown in the blender 2 minutes before I run out the door late for work.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
06-02-2013, 09:18 PM
This made me curious whether the cinnamon challenge started with missing toast and sugar or not.
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post