has anyone seen gods not dead movie.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2015, 08:42 PM
I've been challenged to watch it and she said she would research religion. So my question is does it have real facts or is it all fluff. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2015, 08:47 PM
RE: has anyone seen gods not dead movie.
It's a fact that someone made this horrible movie.
Beyond that, it's just tripe.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
25-01-2015, 08:50 PM
I thought so. I hope someone can give more details please and thank u. Smile
25-01-2015, 09:01 PM
(25-01-2015 08:50 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I thought so. I hope someone can give more details please and thank u. Smile

You're just trying to gather enuff info from us so you can go back to her and tell her ya seen it. You really can't be bothered to watch it.

SUCK IT UP! GO WATCH IT AND BE MISERABLE. NO PAIN NO GAIN! GO GO GO!

Tongue

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
25-01-2015, 09:05 PM
(25-01-2015 08:50 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I thought so. I hope someone can give more details please and thank u. Smile

It's a horribly insulting movie with a 17% on Rotten Tomatoes that's pretty much based on all the bull crud "Plucky lone Christian stands up to mean old atheist professor" chain e-mails. The main plot is the Christian throws a ton of bad arguments with known rebuttals at the atheist (who I believe I heard isn't actually an atheist since believes in and hates God, but the movie doesn't acknowledge this as far as I know) and acts like he's making a good case for God. This is surrounded by a ton of pointless, demonizing sub plots.

It's pretty much impossible to actually enjoy unless you're a Christian that buys into the "Christians are persecuted!" bull crud and are completely able to reason even on a basic level.

What does your friend mean by "research religion"? If you're going to make a deal to watch this movie, make absolutely sure she's not being unfair (not meant as a statement against your friend; meant to make sure you do not waste your time on this movie).

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
25-01-2015, 09:11 PM
I sent her links to read I don't have faith that she will read them though. And yes I was trying to not watch it. Those movies never got me anyway
26-01-2015, 12:05 AM
The whole movie is total bull shit. It is basically just a fan service to fundis for atheist bashing and a pat on their back so they can sit there and think they are right.
Anyone who has seen any real debates with theists and atheists know its complete and utter trash.

I heard a scary tale though, they are thinking of making another....ICK!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
26-01-2015, 02:44 AM
Just go ahead and watch it. It is a propaganda film. It will actually do you good to watch it and explain to her the flaws.

1. No philosophy professor will teach you WHAT to think, they teach you HOW to think and encourage debate/discussion.

2. It reinforces their belief that everybody BELIEVES in god, they just choose to REJECT god.

3. The Muslim dad/ Atheists are all just close minded individuals who just care about being right and not the truth. Of course in the end they all see that Christianity is the truth.

Essentially be thankful that you were asked to watch the movie (assuming that she has) because it is easy to point out he differences between the movie and reality (almost the complete opposite of how stuff really goes down) and gives you a very strong case against Christianity. Essentially it's such thick bullshit that even she should be able to see that when it's pointed out to her. Then just show her some Sam Harris lectures on youtube and she'll be de-converted Smile

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
[+] 1 user Likes microterf's post
26-01-2015, 07:31 AM
I've been avoiding this movie. Anti-atheist and had Kevin Sorry. I imagine it's like a movie about dog shit from the perspective of cat shit.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
26-01-2015, 08:22 AM
Watched it, made me want to kick Kevin Sorbo in the teeth.

Their main argument for the problem of evil was, are you ready for it? Human choice! Tadaa! What brilliance!

All non-Christian characters are two-dimensional characters that fall comfortably within Christian stereotypes for people that don't share their religion, a few examples:

The daughter of a Muslim dad who secretly listens to Christian preaching on her iPod.

The Muslim father that wants to beat on women and ends up abusing his daughter.

The atheist professor that really isn't an atheist, he's just angry with god because his mom died from cancer.

The atheist businessman that is just an awful person because, apparently you can't be good without god.

The atheist professor that gives his life to Jesus right before he dies from getting run over by a car. (no atheists in foxholes)

Some other notable moments:

The mother of the atheist businessman who has Alzheimer's, she has a brief moment of lucidity and tells her son some sage wisdom from the god himself. (Don't help her with her disease god, just use her like a parrot)

The cheezy appearance of one of the Duck Dynasty stars in a preachy cameo.

The cringe-worthy glorification of the Newsboys as some type of great Christian band.

The rather disgusting death scene at the end against the back drop of everyone enjoying themselves at a Newsboys concert.

The cheezy side storyline of a pastor that can't get any car to start, including two rentals, so god can put him at the spot of the atheist professor before he dies and lead him to Jesus.

The general tenor of the movie is that everything fits comfortably within the Christian world view, as long as you're good with weak-ass arguments.

I give it as many rotten tomatoes as I can throw at it, with a bird-flip to Kevin Sorbo, The Newsboys and the Duck Dynasty star for being in this POS movie.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 6 users Like TheInquisition's post