has anyone seen gods not dead movie.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: has anyone seen gods not dead movie.
I'll see this flick when I don't have to pay for it. Or maybe I wont....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Truly, truly for qunts. Ditto for everything Kirk Cameron spews from his tiny brain these days.

The fact that any "believer" thinks this crap is good or persuasive is simply evidence of how brainwashed they are.

Kevin Sorebutt can fuck off.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
26-01-2015, 07:39 PM
My parents rented this movie a few months back. I was chilling on my laptop in our basement when they came down and put it on the TV, volume turned up and everything. They've done this for every nyerkin christian movie this year, deliberately only playing a movie in the same room I was in. I kinda gave up on switching spots, and rather, decided to listen to the movies at least so I can rebut all of the already well beaten points they try to make.

This movie basically affirms the concept of 'atheist bad' and 'christian good'. All of the atheist examples were hilariously stereotyped (still believe in god but were angry, lead bad lives, were grumps, were militant) and all of the christians in the film were good, kind, and were persecuted in ways you don't see in the real world (unless you're christian of course, then of course you are being horribly persecuted!)

It was all I could do to keep myself from laughing out loud the entire time.

Watch the movie. Makes for a great comedy.
26-01-2015, 07:48 PM
(26-01-2015 08:22 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Watched it, made me want to kick Kevin Sorbo in the teeth.

Their main argument for the problem of evil was, are you ready for it? Human choice! Tadaa! What brilliance!

All non-Christian characters are two-dimensional characters that fall comfortably within Christian stereotypes for people that don't share their religion, a few examples:

The daughter of a Muslim dad who secretly listens to Christian preaching on her iPod.

The Muslim father that wants to beat on women and ends up abusing his daughter.

The atheist professor that really isn't an atheist, he's just angry with god because his mom died from cancer.

The atheist businessman that is just an awful person because, apparently you can't be good without god.

The atheist professor that gives his life to Jesus right before he dies from getting run over by a car. (no atheists in foxholes)

Some other notable moments:

The mother of the atheist businessman who has Alzheimer's, she has a brief moment of lucidity and tells her son some sage wisdom from the god himself. (Don't help her with her disease god, just use her like a parrot)

The cheezy appearance of one of the Duck Dynasty stars in a preachy cameo.

The cringe-worthy glorification of the Newsboys as some type of great Christian band.

The rather disgusting death scene at the end against the back drop of everyone enjoying themselves at a Newsboys concert.

The cheezy side storyline of a pastor that can't get any car to start, including two rentals, so god can put him at the spot of the atheist professor before he dies and lead him to Jesus.

The general tenor of the movie is that everything fits comfortably within the Christian world view, as long as you're good with weak-ass arguments.

I give it as many rotten tomatoes as I can throw at it, with a bird-flip to Kevin Sorbo, The Newsboys and the Duck Dynasty star for being in this POS movie.

Holy Mother of Shit. Just your description was enough for me. Ugh. Someone would have to put a gun to my head to watch this idiot movie. I wish I could unread your post.

Dayum.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
27-01-2015, 10:08 AM
has anyone seen gods not dead movie.
I watched the 5 minute version that only had all of the strawmanny bits about atheists in it. My head nearly fucking exploded.

Basically, it's that bad story about a professor and the student in his class (commonly the professor is Einstein) where the professor challenges the students to say God does not exist and blah blah and yada yada then the atheist gets hit by a fucking car and dies.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
30-01-2015, 03:26 PM
I liked it but for other reasons. It was a "C'mon, watch atheists and Christians duke it out" war movie rather than a sappy Christian love story. Perhaps someone here will someday make a similar film where atheists beat the Christians. I'm interested in the marketplace of ideas even if the atheists are "right" in the film, not just in Christians bashing atheists. What bothers me is the more subtle atheist (and yes, theist) messages in a lot of films. This film is WYSIWYG.

I liked the actors in it. They could act. Yes, I would have preferred Christian Bale and Nicolas Cage in this one, followed by a John Woo shootout instead of a "god bus"...

I do a lot of ministry at one of the sites mentioned at the end of the film as a secular place that assaulted cherished Christian beliefs, so I did have that mwah-hah-hah factor, also...

...What would have made the movie rock harder would have been to assemble the ten smartest people from TTA and ten super-killer William Lane Craig apologists and let them rewrite all the speeches from both sides. Then we could have had longer debates in the classroom in the film with REAL teeth to them...

Having said all that, if I could bribe every college student in the world to watch one film, I'll give you three guesses... It's A Wonderful Life, The Ten Commandments, and one other film!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2015, 06:45 PM
(30-01-2015 03:26 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I liked it but for other reasons. It was a "C'mon, watch atheists and Christians duke it out" war movie rather than a sappy Christian love story. Perhaps someone here will someday make a similar film where atheists beat the Christians. I'm interested in the marketplace of ideas even if the atheists are "right" in the film, not just in Christians bashing atheists. What bothers me is the more subtle atheist (and yes, theist) messages in a lot of films. This film is WYSIWYG.

I liked the actors in it. They could act. Yes, I would have preferred Christian Bale and Nicolas Cage in this one, followed by a John Woo shootout instead of a "god bus"...

I do a lot of ministry at one of the sites mentioned at the end of the film as a secular place that assaulted cherished Christian beliefs, so I did have that mwah-hah-hah factor, also...

...What would have made the movie rock harder would have been to assemble the ten smartest people from TTA and ten super-killer William Lane Craig apologists and let them rewrite all the speeches from both sides. Then we could have had longer debates in the classroom in the film with REAL teeth to them...

Having said all that, if I could bribe every college student in the world to watch one film, I'll give you three guesses... It's A Wonderful Life, The Ten Commandments, and one other film!

THE WICKER MAN!! (original version)
30-01-2015, 08:02 PM
(30-01-2015 06:45 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 03:26 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I liked it but for other reasons. It was a "C'mon, watch atheists and Christians duke it out" war movie rather than a sappy Christian love story. Perhaps someone here will someday make a similar film where atheists beat the Christians. I'm interested in the marketplace of ideas even if the atheists are "right" in the film, not just in Christians bashing atheists. What bothers me is the more subtle atheist (and yes, theist) messages in a lot of films. This film is WYSIWYG.

THE WICKER MAN!! (original version)
I was thinking Rambo..
30-01-2015, 09:02 PM
(30-01-2015 03:26 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Perhaps someone here will someday make a similar film where atheists beat the Christians.

Why? We do that constantly all the time in real life! I don't need a movie to be able to see something like that. Go watch nearly every debate. I am winning against like 2-3 people in a youtube debate on homosexuality against a Christian and a Islam.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
31-01-2015, 12:52 AM
(25-01-2015 08:42 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I've been challenged to watch it and she said she would research religion. So my question is does it have real facts or is it all fluff. Thanks
Except for colleges and universities specifically representing a religious view (Oral Roberts U, etc.) none would allow a teacher to assign a grade based on the student's religious beliefs. All the student need do is file a complaint and the prof would be told he can't do that. If the college did allow it then a lawsuit would follow. So the movie requires that you either believe bullshit or be willing to suspend disbelief.

Sapere aude